What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - snö download released - 30/06/2

I definately like it more with the helix Arly, feels much longer now.

I really liked it, and nothing more to add than what has been said already. I LOVE the landscaping, although I had to change the texture back to grass because it was hurting my eyes! And like I mentioned before I loved the Dog Tongue element, nothing like it on a Launcher! I also liked how some of the layout twisted around itself near the entrance to the first corkscrew...

8/10!

This is probably your best ride yet. It was smooth with the exceptions of a few pumps. The bankings were all in check, like Hixee stated. Keep up the good work.

8.5/10

Thank you guys! I tried really hard to smooth this thing out and work on the banking changes. I know there are still issues, but I'm getting there.

It just goes to show. I've been using No Limits for 3 odd years now, and I'm still learning.

I loved it. I kind of lurk through here, never downloading, but I downloaded this and I loved it. A few pumps (hardly noticeable) but it was unique, and I really like it.

9/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Maelstrom released - 04/07/2012

Thanks for all the lovely comments.

Anyway, so I've been trying to get back to using Newton, so I've made a quick track just to show my efforts. It's an Intamin Impulse coaster, but not one like you've seen before.

250809_3782067184425_264936678_n.jpg

315471_3782067464432_1571440079_n.jpg

POV:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgJHP9jG88[/youtube]

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?r7r0avaygznzr74

That's fantastic! I love how you came up with a new layout and the supports look fantastic. Even the colors and scenery are awesome.

Thank you! I wanted to do something pretty simple so I didn't have to fiddle around too much. So I thought a shuttle would be best. And you don't see to many Impulses around due to the limited layouts you can do, but I thought I'd combine V2 with a PAX Cobra :)

I hope the front seats our out of use! OUCH!

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Thelxiope - 16/08/2012.

And to provide a little more info...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itRL6YDdI4c&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Thelxiope - 16/08/2012.

Why thank you. Still needs some smoothing, supporting, landscaping, and hopefully a couple of funky things for interaction made from supports. Depending on my patience.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Thelxiope - Update: 19/08/2012.

388039_3983081049646_1257932949_n.jpg

Progressing nicely. Supporting and smoothing is done (I think). Adding final touches now. :)

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Thelxiope Released.

A couple pumps, and two noticeable collisions witg supports.

Outside of those, the layout was smooth and didnt have any awkward pauses in the transitions between elements.

I would say 9/10

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I thought the layout was good, I really liked the steep turn (not quite overbank) through the wooden tower. I think it was a nice idea for a keyhole element and it worked well. I also liked the shaping of the zero-G (especially the exit). The trackwork was pretty good too, there were a few pumps, but overall it was nicely made.

I wasn't entirely sure about the wooden structure, it didn't seem to do a lot and felt kinda plonked, but that's just me. :p

Overall, nice stuff. Will be interesting to see this converted to Wingrider when the new NL comes out. :D 8/10

Pretty nice ride, one of the first attempts at a wingrider I've seen personally and you did a good job. The layout was fun, but maybe a bit too much sticking to the standard in my opinion. It seemed like it could have been a bit longer as well considering the height of the first hill. There also seemed to be several moments of high laterals (especially the exit to the zero-g; a bit of tweaking and this would have been amazing).

I really liked the wooden structure and the interaction with the ride. The scenery and surroundings as a whole were pretty top notch, making for a great overall coaster. 7.5/10