UncleArly's Development Thread.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Updated 29/06/11

KrakeInspired-110629150409001.png

^ Looks like a vertical lift to me...

loefet said:
^ Looks like a vertical lift to me...

Correct. I'm going to try and do the B&M version of a eurofighter. Just cos, it'll be smoother, and better.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Updated 30/06/11

Sorry for the double, but:
KrakeInspired-110630173421000.png

*not my rocks, honestly can't remember where from, but if someone knows the source, let me know, and credit will be given.

And also the layout...

Layout-1.png

As I've said, it's B&M's answer the eurofighter. It's a prototype, and slightly longer than Rage at Adventure Island. It will use 4-across floorless trains, with three rows for better capacity.

Also features a holding drop and I'm keeping the drop 90 degrees and not beyond as I feel that vertical drops are better than beyond.

Looks very interesting. Looks cool and somewhat short. Will be interesting to see how it rides.

Thank you. Just need to do some more smoothing, then supporting, terraform and foliage.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Scheiße Download.

Quite liked the idea, but sadly the exception didn't quite do it for me.

I liked the idea of a Euro-fighter style B&M, but I didn't think it wanted the holding brake at the top. I know that's what Dive Machines do best, but it's better when there's the anticipation of round the corner towards the drop. I think this might have been better without one to be honest.

The layout was nice, short and sweet, but the trackwork was a bit sketchy in areas. Some of the transitions and turns felt quite jerky. It was odd though, as some bits were quite smooth and if you'd managed to get the whole thing that smooth then it would've been really nice.

Overall, I'd say it was OK: 5/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Scheiße Download.

Thank you, Hixee. I'm still trying to perfect this iSmooth method, so that would explain the trackwork.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - New Coaster (05/08/2011).

Those colors look great man,

From what I can see the ride looks good, but all these B&M inverts makes me wish I got along with inverts.

Thank you. To be honest, I have trouble building them, but I love supporting them.

Some stats:

Height: 154.84 ft.
Length: 3650.58 ft.
Top Speed: 61mph.
Inversions: 6

And a new screen:

BMInvert-110806175658000.png

That looks lush. I can't wait to see more!

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Ártemis released (12/08/11).

Ártemis.

Virgin goddess of the hunt, wilderness, wild animals, childbirth and plague. In later times she became associated with the moon. She is the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and twin sister of Apollo. In art she was usually depicted as a young woman dressed in a short knee-length chiton and equipped with a hunting bow and a quiver of arrows. In addition to the bow, her attributes include hunting spears, animal pelts, deer and other wild animals. Her sacred animals are deer, bears, and wild boars.

Height: 154.84 ft.
Length: 3650.58 ft.
Top Speed: 61mph.
Inversions: 6

I know it's pumpy and rough. I've tried the iSmooth method, but either I'm not doing it right, or I just fail in general. Besides, enjoy.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?juzicc4ddjnc8r8

This is one of your best rides yet. The layout was awesome and the ride was fast paced and fun. I loved the near misses with the ground and water and you did a great job on the supports. Also, the 0-g roll was very smooth, but you do need to work on the shaping of certain elements a bit. There were also some turns where the banking was off and might be a bit too intense.

7/10

You have gotten a lot better recently!!

there are some misshaping here and there, the bankings are a bit wobbly at places, the pacing at the loop should have been better and drop that second station...

Other then that good job!!

Same as both topics above, but you should also make a better break at the end, it stops too much in a rush. You should first add a break which slows down the train without weels, as the weels would get distroyed. All in all, great layout, 7/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Rusina (07/02/12).

You're getting better and better with each ride you release. There's still a few bumps and kinks that can be worked out, but your skill is showing. The layout was great by the way.