What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Hyper Released. (Page 7).

Mmm... kinda liked that. If felt like it could've been a 'real' coaster, if that makes sense. I liked the first drop, it's pretty unique (especially for B&M Hypers), and it didn't feel like it was too ridiculous. The rest of the layout was good, it had nice corners/turnarounds and good airtime over the hills. Sure, it wasn't that creative, but sometimes that's not what matters. :)

Like I said, this doesn't seem too far from what we could actually see being built in a park somewhere... (PA :p ) 8/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Hyper Released. (Page 7).

Thank you very much, Hixee.

Yeah, I know what you mean, there isn't much you can do with B&M Hypers (if you want to keep them realistic), so thats why I added in that first drop.

I like to think it's quite do-able, not that B&M would, but hey ho!

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - New Coaster 25/04/2011

newtrack-110425192624000.png

Colours aren't final.

That's one hell of a turn! :p

Well, the hill before it is 214" and the one after is 184" and they both have some ejector.

Care to take a guess at the height of the coaster?

I'm going to reckon you've made a giga-coaster. Like some sort of Millennium Force and I305 hybrid.

:)

Very true. It's got three large airtime hills, a smaller one, and a hop into the break run. Also has a s-bend straight after the turn after the drop (30 ft high), and a over banked turn around :)

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Update 30/04/2011

Very beastly support. As Feed said, looks slightly under done. To me, it looks like it might need a bar or two for support at the top of the lift hill. Thats the only thing that seems to be missing to me. Other than that, it looks stable.

It's look absolutely
5censored.gif
crazy... and SEXY!

:p

Possibly a little underdone on the top, I agree, but it looks cool.

Well, I spoke to Leighton, and he says it's structurally sound, and he is an engineer, so I'm sure he knows what he is talking about :)

^^Well then, it is his word over ours. It just looks empty near the top of the lift. Regardless, that is one beastly support.

^Yea, know I see it.

Exactly, Hixee! I understand what you guys are saying, but it is sufficiently supported :)

Edit: Just spoke to Leighton, he's going out, but just wanted to say

Leighton said:
Because the arch is continuous it has the strength of the arch, the strength of a cable stayed suspension bridge and a girder bridge all in one

Just a quick video showing the supports and first drop :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEo5fKn9CuE[/youtube]

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Edge Of Glory Complete.

Cool! I'll start with the positives. I liked the layout and the speed of it all. The trackwork was mostly smooth (see the negatives section below), and the hills and turns weren't pumpy and jerky. The speed was great and I really liked the low level turns and fast transitions. Obviously the support job needs a mention, it was really great and very unique, even if the arch way bugged me when you went through it. If it was me I'd have had to have the widening sections moving out evenly on each side, not just on one. That's just me though!

Now the negatives. Thankfully not much here, but just a few things about some of the transitions. The track felt like it was snaking quite a lot after the exit to corners. The track would be level (ie. unbanked) but there was some small turning 'wiggles' in the track after. This is probably due to the Ctrl+G thing, but it just made some of the transitions feel a bit... sketchy.

Overall, nice work. 8/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Edge Of Glory Complete.

Thank you Hixee. I agree with your comments. I tried Loefet's 'i' smoothing trick. I think it definitely smoother, but I still need to perfect it.