What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

A

Anonymous

Another thing, if you are running 2 train you really would have needed another brake segment in the station area. Another thing, this layout looks so short so I'm questioning the need for a MCBR, how fast are you sending out your trains, if it's an accelerator then 1.5 minutes or so would be a realistic number.

BTW, is there a Titanic reference in the name??

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Thats a good point actually, might get rid of the MCBR and have a double down or something.

And nope, I was looking for colours, and the shade of purple on the track is called Byzantium. I often name my coasters after the colour of the track.

I know it's quite unimaginative. :lol:

A

Anonymous

^ Ah, makes sense. Even though it's one of the integral parts of the book "Raise the Titanic" by Clive Cussler which I'm currently reading, well the names is better than "Project Teletubbies" at least :D

If you were to shift the whole second part of the layout the same distance as the MCBR is long you would be able to fit in another brake-section in the station area.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I've changed the layout a bit. I've removed the MCBR and am re-building from there.

EF-1010081920210002.png

A

Anonymous

It was alright

T-There were a few places where the g's went through the roof. There were transports in the station which is very bad for a woodie. Some lats were a little high as well. Also, the brake run at the end was too steep, and I noticed one small pump.

A-The pacing was good throughout the ride, it was a little slow going into the brake run but it stayed intense and fast the rest of the time.

O-It didn't seem like your normal GCI, and I really liked the tunnels and the terrain.

Bout a 6.5

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I thought this was good. There were some spots where the banking didn't feel right or there was a pump in the track, but mostly it was good.

The pacing was very quick, which I liked, and overall the layout was pretty good too.

I wasn't a fan of the break-run at the end, it felt too steep and a bit... early. With the speed you had you could easily have thrown in another helix/turn set.

Still, overall it was a nice ride, good work. 7.5/10

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Pros:

Great layout
Great pacing

Cons:

The banking seemed forced
There were many spots where the track seemed very rough or almost haphazardly placed
I personally don't like when people use MCBRs on GCIs

Overall, 6/10. It was a good effort, but not your best.

Jer

Strata Poster
Damn there is a big influx of flyers, First Bob_3_s, then Mine, then Marcs, Now yours. Cant wait to see how it unfolds. It looks pretty interesting from the photo and that element looks pretty unique.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Yeah, its similar to a cutback, but is an odd sensation on a flyer to go from lying to flying like that. Nice pop of airtime at the top aswell.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Jer said:
Damn there is a big influx of flyers, First Bob_3_s, then Mine, then Marcs, Now yours. Cant wait to see how it unfolds. It looks pretty interesting from the photo and that element looks pretty unique.
Even I might try to make one but it won't nearly be as good as any of yours. :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I haven't been able to build on NL for over two months now due to my ****ty laptop mouse pad breaking.

However, I know have a new mouse, so you should see some screens tonight possibly! :)