What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^ In that case, have a little update on the launched Flying Dutchman concept thing I was working on before my laptop ****ed up! :D

Here is the full layout. Gonna start working on supports. It shouldn't be too long before it's done.

Actium.png

Jer

Strata Poster
haha I saw the 7/2/2011 and thought July 2nd, then remembering how you British types write you dates.

ANYWAY! the ride looks awesome, and do I smell another launched flyer?

Jer

Strata Poster
Fun ride, as you said it was a bit bumpy. But I enjoyed the layout, it had some good flow to it, and the element after the launch was fun, and the cut back was very unique. The concept is one that has always interested me, the one I did last year (Quasar) was my second launched flyer. I feel like as far as layouts go you went for a more realistic and plausible concept.

Good job
7/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I liked the idea, but something just didn't do it for me.

I really liked the launch, and I thought it was a really neat idea, it'd be great in real life. The loop out of the launch was nice too, although the pacing seemed to drop off a lot, but then again, I guess this is only a flyer and they wouldn't be able to go that fast through an element like that.

The rest of the layout was good, but like you admitted, there were some jerks and bumps in the track which detracted from it slightly.

Overall? Really nice idea, but not your best execution. 6.5/10

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyedHSogMUg[/youtube]

Just to give you an idea of the first 3/4 of the layout.

What do we think? What to improve, etc?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I personally think it hangs for too long at the top of the drop, and that it takes so long before you get any sort of right hand turn that I felt dizzy just watching it.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Sure looks like a lot of it is heartlined, and judging by the riding position, you are going for one of those wingrider B&M things, so ditch the heartlining.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well I wouldn't ditch it completely, but I agree, I think the heartline needs to be reduced a bit. I also agree about the top of the drop. It's cool to have the hang-time, but it feels a bit too long.

Looks nice though, I look forward to seeing the completed coaster!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not bad... but not your best...

They layout was quite nice, it had a nice mix of low level fast turns and transitions and larger elements. It was pretty smooth throughout, but there were some rough transitions and some that felt a bit too snappy really. Some of the forces were pretty intense, and verged on getting 'red', but they were all within tolerable levels I guess.

Anyway, yeah, it's an ok ride, but like I said I don't think it's one of your best. 7/10

(Not really been able to do a full write up, hope this makes sense and isn't too blunt) :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
It made sense, thank you! :)

To be fair, I've lost quite a lot of interest in No Limits. I rarely finish a project these days. My last releases have been coasters that I wanted to finish just becuase I liked them.

I might just stop until 2 comes out.