What's new

Trip Plans For 2016

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I figured it was time to make this topic as people are already planning trips for next year. So here we go.

My rough plans for 2016:

- UK (not sure yet which parks, but hopefully at least Alton Towers)
- Spain (Madrid parks, Port Aventura and Tibidabo)
- Germany (Hansa & Heide mainly)
- Denmark (hopefully all of the substantial parks)
- Sweden (yearly trip for me, even more reason this year because of Wildfire)
- France (hopefully I can do Walygator and Nigloland)

It's looking like a very good year for me, if plans work out :--D My most anticipated coasters that I hopefully will be riding are Shambhala, Wildfire and Nemesis. There are so many others though, like Dragon Khan, Batman, Superman, Taron, Colossos, Krake, Kärnan, Fluch Von Novgorod, Piraten, Juvelen, Lynet, Alpina Blitz and Monster.

peep

CF Legend
I've only got two big trips lined up. Probably have quite a few little ones here and there.

First will be China. Mainly to visit my school friend who's gone to live out there, hopefully Shanghai Disney will be open so I can visit that. Also can't wait to finally visit some of these new parks Gavin has been going to.

Then it's back to Orlando in September. Feeling a little frustrated I didn't wait till 2017 though. Thanks Universal

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
3 definites already, currently working on the logistics;

Dubai in May for Ferrari World and IMG Worlds of Adventure
Sweden in July/August for Liseberg and Kolmarden
CF Live Europe wherever it may be

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
All my local Central Florida parks (woo, Mako and Cobra), annual trip back to New England to visit my family (SFNE, Canobie, Lake Compounce), and likely another NJ/NYC trip.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Finally making it to Holiday World maybe?

Kentucky Kingdom should also be up for a visit with the addition of Storm Chaser.

Outside of that, plenty of KI and CP to go around! :)

TilenB

Strata Poster
ThomVD said:
- Germany (Hansa & Heide mainly)
- Denmark (hopefully all of the substantial parks)
- Sweden (yearly trip for me, even more reason this year because of Wildfire)

This!... if our plans go as planned.

I'm not really sure as to what to expect from the coming year apart from the Scandi trip. Haven't thought about it at all...

Ben

CF Legend
West Coast/Mexico in June and Japan/UAE in September are the definite ones.

I want to do Phantasialand/Efteling at some point and Wildfire/Liseberg.

Everything else will fall in place as we go along.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Definites for next year are:

Alton Towers (March/April, assuming Smiler has re-opened)
PortAventura and Tibidabo (late April)
Paulton's Park, Funland and Clarence Pier (May/June)

Also hoping to visit at least 2 or 3 other UK parks, from a shortlist including Flamingo Land, Oakwood, Fantasy Island and Adventure Island; and hopefully another European trip, probably to one of the Scandinavian countries.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm keeping my trips to within Europe next year in an effort to save some money (unless work decide to send me anywhere exciting of course).

Sweden for Wildfire but I'll probably add on revisits to Liseberg and Grona at the same time.

Paultons when the new creds open.

Norfolk trip to mop up the creds there.

Cornwall for Big Sheep and Flambards.

Plopsa for the new woodie and Bagatelle on a weekend.

A week moping up parks in France/Germany: Walygator, Hansa, Holiday Park, Nigloland, Tripsdrill, Bayern Park, Fraispertuis City...

Maybe a trip to the Walibi park in S. France that's getting a woodie and see the Millau bridge.

A week camping in Italy and I'll try and pick up my last European B&M at Gardaland.

Later in the year, back to the Essen boardgame show with Phantasialand and Efteling add ons.

Maybe a weekend to Toverland and picking up some some other Dutch parks.

Maybe Poland....?

Jer

Strata Poster
The only thing thats definite now is my yearly trip to Knoebels

After that I really want to make it to Cedar Point again for Valravn.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I keep changing my mind.

I don't drive enough, especially long distance and in unfamiliar territory so I might do some mini UK roadtrips and [strike]get some +1s[/strike] visit places I haven't been before. Though that plan will involve borrowing a car...

Once the theming is on Karnan, I can't see myself not doing Hansa & Heide Park.

Sweden (Grona Lund/Kolmarden/Liseberg) is what I'm most looking forward to.

It seems Italy (Milan/Lake Garda/Verona/Venice) is likely to replace my other Germany trip.

I think I'll have a lot more money leftover than I expected, so Asia is a possibility - maybe Shanghai? Or I might keep it in Europe and do something cultural...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Only two for definite at the moment:

India for the Christmas holiday, going to Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore. The Mumbai and Chennai parks will actually be right at the end of December, but Bangalore will be in the first few days of 2016.

South Africa for Chinese New Year in February, visiting Johannesburg for Gold Reef City (been on my "must visit" list for ages) and Cape Town for Rattanga Junction (meh).

I'm still deciding what to do for Easter. I was edging towards doing a longer Mainland China trip than the usual long weekends I've been doing, taking in a few different cities and parks to the west of Shanghai (Ningbo, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Changzhou and maybe squeezing in Wuhu). China is exhausting to deal with just for a weekend though, and the last time I did a longer trip (Easter 2014) I came back in a pretty sh**ty mood. The alternative at the moment is Japan since I haven't been since I left in 2009. That might depend on opening dates for the flyer in Osaka though. I don't think it'll be open by then, so I may push that back a year.

I will do a few more long weekend China trips when we've got exam weeks towards the end of term. For those, I'm thinking Nanchang (Intamin Hyper and GCIs biggest ever woodie) and Xian (insane Mack thing) at the moment.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
*Dollywood for Lightning Rod and two Alpines in March
*Valravn when it opens
*Storm Chaser when it opens
*Indiana Beach
*SFGAm and Chicago pending
*New England (Edaville, SFNE, Compounce, Quassy, Canobie, Funtown Splashtown, Palace Playland, Wild Kingdom) pending

Pending trips will be planned once the Coaster Crew event schedule is released around January.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Definite:
-SFGAm throughout season

Probably:
-Indiana Beach

Maybe:
-Kings Island
-Cedar Point

Hopefully:
-Adventureland, IA

Hutch

Strata Poster
Nothing definite now, but have a few ideas…

My family has sort of been talking about visiting Sweden, so that could work with Liseberg, Grona Lund, and Kolmarden.

I'll start visiting colleges, so I could put some extra days asides for any theme park nearby or on the way to any colleges I'd visit.

And wasn't really planning on it, but I may stop by Lake Compounce again to check out their new Premier.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I sadly don't have anything really planned at the moment.

I've a few ideas, but I don't know how plausible they are at the moment.

1. Fly into Stockholm, do Kolmarden (for Wildfire), Liseberg and Gothenburg and then up to Tusenfryd and Oslo. Would make a nice little trip, but not sure how I'd get around - probably the train. I probably wouldn't bother going back to Grona Lund, it was nice, but not worth a second visit so soon.
2. I kinda want to link all 'Eastern' Canadian cities (Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto), which would mean I could do La Ronde and Canada's Wonderland too. If I could find a willing volunteer, I'd consider looping back through the USA visiting some of the New England states, but that would be a much bigger trip and something I'd probably try to drive.
3. Madrid is very easy to get to from Bristol, so I might try to do a long weekend there for Parque Warner and Parque de Atracciones.
4. I've also been looking at a Europa, Tripsdrill, Holiday Park trip too, as that could make a good few days.
5. I would really like to get to some of the other East coast US parks (Hershey, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Carowinds, etc), but again that would be a big trip, so not sure about that in the short term.
6. My brother is planning on having a year out to New Zealand after he graduates, so I'll probably head out that way. Not many creds though... But that'll do a good job of eating up a lot of leave! :p

So yeah, I've lots of ideas for trips, but not many ideas on when to do them, and how best to do them. :lol:

I'd be up for the EuroLive too, depending where that is...

Mike

Giga Poster
My brother is getting married in Jamaica in April, which I really want to go to, so that's likely going to be a week relaxing there.

Other than that, I've got a bit of a list of places which I'd really like to go to, but nothing's for sure, and definitely won't get all done next year:
- Weekend in Copenhagen to do Tivoli Gardens and Bakken.
- Hansa Park.
- Liseberg/Grona Lund.
- Phantasialand/Toverland/Efteling.

And then there's other big trips, particularly to America, which I'd love to do at some point in my life but would struggle without a car. I'd really like to get to Ohio (Cedar Point/Kings Island) and repeat some of the East Coast parks, plus I'd love to get to Canada and see Niagara Falls, go to Canada's Wonderland...etc...

Darren B

Giga Poster
Mike said:
My brother is getting married in Jamaica in April, which I really want to go to, so that's likely going to be a week relaxing there.

Other than that, I've got a bit of a list of places which I'd really like to go to, but nothing's for sure, and definitely won't get all done next year:
- Weekend in Copenhagen to do Tivoli Gardens and Bakken.
- Hansa Park.
- Liseberg/Grona Lund.
- Phantasialand/Toverland/Efteling.

And then there's other big trips, particularly to America, which I'd love to do at some point in my life but would struggle without a car. I'd really like to get to Ohio (Cedar Point/Kings Island) and repeat some of the East Coast parks, plus I'd love to get to Canada and see Niagara Falls, go to Canada's Wonderland...etc...

Are you doing these trips with CF or TPR? Oh, wait...

I'm doing minimal stuff again next year. Cali & Sweden will pretty much be it. If the hoe from Canada comes over I may do a few non merlin parks, too.

Mike

Giga Poster
Jarrett said:
^You come to Ohio I'd love to show you around! :D

Yeah, would definitely be up for a meet if I do ever make it there.
Really can't see myself making it for a few more years at least though. :(