Trip Plans For 2016

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Rachel said:
Nothing set in stone just yet, but a few trips that i'm hoping to do -

- Sweden for Wildfire and i'll probably add on Grona Lund
- Heide / Hansa / Phantasialand
- Perhaps a cred run to France / Belgium
- I've been saying i'll do Madrid for the past few years now so would be nice to finally tick it off
- Need to mop up my last remaining 'major' UK parks so hopefully i'll get Flamingoland and Paultons Park done.

That's about it for now really, but all depends on money.

My trip plans have changed quite a bit since this, now on the agenda is -

-Copenhagen in May, with Tivoli and Bakken
-Germany in June for Holiday Park, Tripsdrill and Europa Park
-Sweden in August for the Kolmarden live, will probably add on Liseberg and Grona Lund but have't sorted out anything for that yet
-Hopefully can crash the Eurolive in October and join them for Phantasialand

I'll also be doing the Paultons Park live and hopefully Alton at the end of the season for the fireworks.

I still need to do Flamingoland, as awful as everyone says it is, so i'm thinking of doing a day there and then picking up a load of random plus 1's on the route back to London. Not sure when yet but maybe one of the bank holidays.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Adding a bit to my plate for first big year for me really ever.

DLR is constant as have a pass
KBF once GhostRider reopens
SFMM with niece and nephew a few times (been telling them for years once they hit 54" we can go and got a call the day my niece got it so we're planning)
US Live so HW KK Dolly and Caro
Going to make a pit stop at KI for night ride of Beast
Cedar Point

Going to try and get up to SFDK for Joker but that may be pushing it. Past 4 years I have one new cred, this year that's changing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hixee said:
I sadly don't have anything really planned at the moment.

I've a few ideas, but I don't know how plausible they are at the moment.

1. Fly into Stockholm, do Kolmarden (for Wildfire), Liseberg and Gothenburg and then up to Tusenfryd and Oslo. Would make a nice little trip, but not sure how I'd get around - probably the train. I probably wouldn't bother going back to Grona Lund, it was nice, but not worth a second visit so soon.
2. I kinda want to link all 'Eastern' Canadian cities (Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto), which would mean I could do La Ronde and Canada's Wonderland too. If I could find a willing volunteer, I'd consider looping back through the USA visiting some of the New England states, but that would be a much bigger trip and something I'd probably try to drive.
3. Madrid is very easy to get to from Bristol, so I might try to do a long weekend there for Parque Warner and Parque de Atracciones.
4. I've also been looking at a Europa, Tripsdrill, Holiday Park trip too, as that could make a good few days.
5. I would really like to get to some of the other East coast US parks (Hershey, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Carowinds, etc), but again that would be a big trip, so not sure about that in the short term.
6. My brother is planning on having a year out to New Zealand after he graduates, so I'll probably head out that way. Not many creds though... But that'll do a good job of eating up a lot of leave! :p

So yeah, I've lots of ideas for trips, but not many ideas on when to do them, and how best to do them. :lol:

I'd be up for the EuroLive too, depending where that is...
Well thankfully I do now have a few plans. Time to update this!

1. Parque Warner and Parque de Atracciones next week (booked a long weekend to Mardid).
2. Paultons Park in May (for the Live)
3. US Live (Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Dollywood and Carowinds) in June.
4. Add-on after the US Live (Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Hersheypark) in June.

At this point I am a bit up in the air.

5a. There's a growing chance that I'll go out to Abu Dhabi with work for a few months, so if that goes ahead I'll get Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld and probably try to mop up the various creds in all the malls out there. Unfortunately this would mean I'd miss both the Kolmarden and GhosterForce Lives.
5b. If the work trip doesn't come to anything (these things change very rapidly), I'll probably do the Kolmarden and GhosterForce Lives (I'll probably try to add TysenFryd too).

That'll probably be the end of my year by then to be honest. At the moment it looks promising that I'll get to at least 10 new parks, and I should break 400 creds while I'm in America (looking like I'll do it at Busch). Just need work to decide what they're doing with me!

Looking forward to it all!

Edward M

Strata Poster
Dug up an old topic but I wanna tell my plans!

Definite (aka booked): Disney World and Universal Studios
VERY Likely (aka planned but not booked or definite): Dollywood, Carowinds (both hopefully with US Live), Six Flags New England, and Lake Compounce
Likely (aka being planned): Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom
Not very likely but possible: Seaworld Orlando, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Hersheypark

Sandman

Giga Poster
Tomorrow I'm at Pleasure Beach.

2 weeks: Parque Warner
September: Port Aventura (need to 100% confirm)

That's all I have planned at the minute, but I might try and squeeze a new European park into July, August, or November (or possibly all).

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Now after a bit if familial talk, I can update my list:

100%- SFGAm throughout season.

Likely- Adventureland(IA) and Michigan's Adventure on College trips

Possible- Cedar Point, Indiana Beach, or Wisconsin Dell's on a 3 night vacation in late July.

Yeah, that's about it.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

CCF

Roller Poster
Here are my confirmed parks:
Busch Gardens Tampa
Islands of Adventure
Seaworld Orlando
Carowinds
King's Dominion
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
King's Island
Cedar Point
Dollywood
Six Flags Over Georgia
Playland
Calaway Park
Galaxyland

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Definitely going to:

Seabreeze
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World
Dollywood
Carowinds
Dorney
Knoebels
Canada's Wonderland

Potentially:
Martin's Fantasy Island
Darien Lake

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Holiday World
Kentucky Kingdom
Dollywood
Carowinds
Disneyland Resort (pass)
Knott's Berry Farm
Six Flags Magic Mountain

Possible
SFDK
CGA

Doubtful
SFGAdv

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Okay, this is late (rolls eyes)

-Six Flags Great America (Home Park)
-Cedar Point
-Kings Island
-Worlds of Fun (Maybe?)
-Wild Waves (in Seattle)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Definitely:
Hershey
SFNE (hitting 200 creds there!)
Quassy
Lake Compounce
SFGAdv
Indiana Beach
Canada's Wonderland
Dollywood
SFOG

Possible:
DelGrosso's
Lakemont
Darien Lake
Morey's Piers
Playland's Castaway Cove (come on, Gale Force, get it open in time!)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Flights booked to Seattle in late August. Will be checking out:

Wild Waves
Enchanted Forest
Oaks Amusement Park
Silverwood
Calaway Park
Galaxyland
Playland Vancouver
Washington State Fair

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hixee said:
At this point I am a bit up in the air.

5a. There's a growing chance that I'll go out to Abu Dhabi with work for a few months, so if that goes ahead I'll get Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld and probably try to mop up the various creds in all the malls out there. Unfortunately this would mean I'd miss both the Kolmarden and GhosterForce Lives.
5b. If the work trip doesn't come to anything (these things change very rapidly), I'll probably do the Kolmarden and GhosterForce Lives (I'll probably try to add TysenFryd too).
So it's looking increasingly likely that I'll be going to Abu Dhabi with work now. Unfortunately, this will mean I miss the Sweden and GhosterForce Lives, but I will get to the parks out there.

I'd sort of forgotten about IMG Worlds of Adventure, Legoland Dubai and Motiongate Dubai, which should all be opening while I'm there, so yay!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
In a week I'll be going up to Washington DC for a few days to spend time with my parents before heading off on my own to visit some parks I haven't visited in a years. Gonna hit Cedar Point (haven't been since 07), Kennywood (08), Conneaut Lake Park (never been.. have tried 3 times......), Adventure Park USA (never been.. but I've ridden both its major coasters in their prior homes), Hersheypark (haven't been since 08), and the Ocean City, Maryland area parks (haven't been since 08) and then spending a little time in Annapolis, MD since I've never been to the Maryland capital city.

Hoping to add Valravn, GateKeeper, Blue Streak (CLP), Sky Rocket, Cocoa Cruiser, Laff Trakk, Skyrush, Tumbleweed (??? can adults ride it?), Wildcat (Jolly), Sea Serpent (again, if adults can ride....lolol), and 'Spinning Coaster'. Never been on Jr.Gemini... but I don't see that happening this time around either.

Ben

CF Legend
^Skyrush yay!

At least the last few years if you go Guest Services at CP (the town hall place is it near Maverick?) they will give you a ticket that lets you ride Gemini Jr.

Jarrett

Ben said:
At least the last few years if you go Guest Services at CP (the town hall place is it near Maverick?) they will give you a ticket that lets you ride Gemini Jr.
Sadly, this might not be true anymore. :( When I was there with Emily a few weeks back she needed the cred so when we went to get it they told us they had stopped doing it.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ben said:
^Skyrush yay!
For real. All the other coaster people I work with at Disney give me such crap because I haven't been on it yet and I have top get all.. LOOK, I've been XXX, XXX, annddd XXX... SORRY I haven't had a chance to revisit Hershey. But I am very excited to see what all the hype is about <3

Jarrett said:
Ben said:
Sadly, this might not be true anymore. :( When I was there with Emily a few weeks back she needed the cred so when we went to get it they told us they had stopped doing it.
D'oh! I was kinda hoping this was still the case... I've been to the park a good dozen times now and never really tried to ride it but last year I had read about the rider pass thing. I believe at one point they were giving ACE members some sort of coin/token good for a ride as well.... Don't know if that's still the case or not. I'm not overly concerned about the credit but it would be nice to ride the first known Intamin coaster.

Jarrett

^Let me rephrase that, it might not be. They didn't give us one but I know a guy who got one earlier this season. Maybe call the park and see if they can have one waiting for you?

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Park plans. As usual I have a Six Flags season pass, so I will be at SFNE many times, and SFGAdv a few times.
Also, I have also been to Hershey. My next trip will be Knoebels, Cedar Point, and Kennywood (all of which are new parks). Hopefully, I will be at Lake Compounce 2-3 times, but once is a definite.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Flights booked for Europa Park in September. Hopefully get the Gullivers MK credits this season. Got Thorpe next weekend. Beyond that, no idea.