What's new

Trip Plans For 2016

Smithy

Strata Poster
UK wise I think the larget park I've not done is Paultons, so probably that at some point. Or Pleasure Island if that's what it's called in Cleethorpes. May need to steal a kid to get into Gullivers too.

Other than that, 95% going to Madrid at some point and Europa Park is a possibility.

EthC

Mega Poster
Next year is very exciting for me!!

Apart from the usual:
Oakwood
Thorpe Park
Alton Towers
Paultons Park

I have just booked my trip to California WOO!!!
So will be going to:
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Santa Cruz Boardwalk
Six Flags magic Mountain
Universal Hollywood
Knotts Berry Farm
Disneyland Park and California Adventure
and Belmont Park

Plus I will be going to Phantasialand for Taron :D

SO all in all, its going to be a good year for me :p

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Dollywood
Carrowinds

Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World

California's Great America
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Six Flags Magic Mountain
Knotts Berry Farm (Cannot wait for Ghostrider 2016)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Must do's have to be:
Paultons
Phantasialand
Kolmarden
Walibi Holland

Possibles
plopsaland
Movie park germany

And there's a particularly tempting USA trip with the ECC - depending on my job situation.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Nothing set in stone just yet, but a few trips that i'm hoping to do -

- Sweden for Wildfire and i'll probably add on Grona Lund
- Heide / Hansa / Phantasialand
- Perhaps a cred run to France / Belgium
- I've been saying i'll do Madrid for the past few years now so would be nice to finally tick it off
- Need to mop up my last remaining 'major' UK parks so hopefully i'll get Flamingoland and Paultons Park done.

That's about it for now really, but all depends on money.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Aside from the usual UK parks (Thorpe, Alton, Legoland, Drayton), my plans include...

First visits to...
-Paultons
-Hansa Park
-Heide Park
-Europa Park
-Liseberg
-Parc Asterix

Revisits to:
-Phantasialand
-Plopsaland

None of the above are confirmed as in having a specific date planned, but they're all pretty much set as the ones I'd prioritise doing. I'd also like to do Walibi Holland for the first time, and revisit Efteling and Walibi Belgium over the Halloween period, but that'll depend on time and money and finding people to go with. Hopefully some surprise, smaller trips will happen along the way - never know what the next year can throw up!

Snoo

The Legend
Definite:

Carowinds, Dollywood, Kentucky Kingdom.. gotta hit the new(ish) coasters.
Holiday World

Maybe:

Overseas?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I'd Like to hit Carowinds Dollywood and Kentucky Kingdom, but it's all just wants at this point. No guarantee as to if and where i could go.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure what my game plan is for 2016 yet. I'll probably wait and see what the CF Live schedule looks like before I plan anything concrete, but I've got a few ideas floating around.

I'll probably head down to Paultons for the Live, and head over to Belgium for the Halloween season if I can get the travel times to work out. Mushroom has been talking about going to Sweden at some point, so that may happen too.

I keep meaning to do a Walibi Holland/Toverland/Efteling/Phantasialand trip, so if I've got enough cash going spare and/or the other trips look like they're not happening then this may be the year I get off my ass and make that trip happen.

I should probably try to make Port Aventura happen as well, but one thing at a time.

I doubt I'll be doing much in the way of UK Merlin parks this year unless the annual passes are ridiculously cheap this winter.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Must do's have to be:
Paultons
Phantasialand
Kolmarden
Walibi Holland

Possibles
plopsaland
Movie park germany

And there's a particularly tempting USA trip with the ECC - depending on my job situation.

oh - and the new alpine coaster in snowdonia too!

Edward M

Strata Poster
Hersheypark is looking very likely as well as another Orlando trip. Will probably do Universal instead of Disney this time and maybe even a Seaworld day. SFGAm is likely right now. A trip with Dollywood and Carowinds looks possible. Would still love to do the Kentucky trip with Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, and Kings Island.

These are all just ideas in the air, but a lot of them are likely to happen.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
1) Season pass to SFNE as usual

2) A trip to Hershey

3) Cedar Point trip with Knoebels on the way there, and Six Flags America on the way back

4) Going to make my second trip to Lake Compounce as it's been 3 years since riding Boulder Dash and didn't get a chance to ride at night. And my first Skyrocket II

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I will be pleased as long as I improve on this year really. It's not been terrible but not super exciting credwise either.

No plans as of yet really.

Realistically I will probably aim for: (and would still be really pleased to get)

Alton Towers, haven't been in years, was going to go this year but didn't in the end.
Get at least two more of the UK parks that I haven't done (Drayton, Flamingo, Oakwood, Lightwater, Paultons or Dreamland if I don't get it this year). Would also love to get back to Blackpool.

Ideally I'd also like to do:

Europa Park or Port Aventura and a Swedish run to get Liseberg, Black hole (<3) and Kolmarden.

Everything is a bit up in the air atm so will just have to see how things pan out.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ If you go to Furuvik for Black Hole, you might as well do Gröna Lund too. It's a great park, and easily combined with Stockholm culture, which is a must!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
ThomVD said:
^ If you go to Furuvik for Black Hole, you might as well do Gröna Lund too. It's a great park, and easily combined with Stockholm culture, which is a must!

Ah thanks for the tip. It looks like a nice little park! Jetline and Twister look interesting.

PeteA

Roller Poster
We have a trip planned to Stockholm which will incorporate a visit to Grona Kund and Kolmarden. Then we a weekend break to Copenhagen for Bakken and Tivoli.

Other than that, nothing definite yet. Have bought a Pleasure Beach pass so will be using that. Will get to Paultons at some stage and hoping to get to all three Walibi Parks with new coasters along with Europa, Phantasialand and Plopsaland.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Me and a few mates are going to Germany in June for Hansa, Heide, Moviepark and Phantasia, plus there'll be the usual assortment of Thorpe, Alton and Blackpool days, but mainly I'm hoping to join you guys for my first CF Live at some point, looking forward to seeing what's planned.
Be nice to be able to put a face to some of the names I see cropping up here on a regular basis.
I did meet Ian, Jerry and Darren last year at Great Adventure, but that was purely by accident and I wasn't on the forum at the time, so that doesn't count. Can't wait to go on a 'proper' Live and see what the crack is!

Intricks

Strata Poster
The 2015 season was such an utter flop for me that it is genuinely hilarious. The only plus was Cedar Point in the rain. Woo~

My current hopes are just getting to do some West Coast parks with hopefully Utah, Iowa and whatever state has a park up in that area of the woods. Possibly Texas as well.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Don't have any official plans yet.
For Sure-
Worlds of Fun

Most Likely-
Silver Dollar City

Maybe-
Roadtrip 2K16-
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Holiday World