What's new

Trip Plans For 2016

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Just got back from a 3 day trip to Atlanta, GA. Visited Six Flags Over Georgia twice (on the 1st and 2nd) I also crossed into 2016 from 2015 at Epcot, after spending most of New Years Eve at Magic Kingdom.

S

SimonSays99

This year will be a little short on trips as I plan to do Queen Mary 2 transatlantic crossing plus Califonia in 2017 on occasion of becoming old (40th :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: )

So for this year already fixed:

Mini-New Hotness German South-West
- Europa Park
- Holiday Park
- Phantasialand

Funfairs
- Hamburg DOM Spring/Summer/Winter
- Düsseldorf Rheinwiese

Maybe adding these:

Netherland/Belgium One-Week-Trip
- Slagharen
- Toverland
- Bobejaanland
- Walibi Belgium
- Efteling
- Walibi Holland

Funfairs
- Bremen Freimarkt

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Bit of an update:

Definite:
-SFGAm throughout season

Probably:
-Silverwood

Maybe:
-Indiana Beach
-Holiday World

Hopefully:
-Adventureland, IA
-Kings Island
-Cedar Point

Jer

Strata Poster
Alright so, I have some definite 2016 plans now, i dont have dates but I know im going to these parks for sure

Lake Compounce
Knoebels
SFGAdv
Cedar Point
Kings Island

This will be my first time at KI ever, and my first time back to Gadv since....2012 I think.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Certainly Portaventura and Alton Towers, Thorpe etc.. fingers crossed for Europa Park too!

XLR8R

Roller Poster
Right now, I'm in the early planning stage for a trip to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion, Six Flags America, and Hersheypark.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Already have done all the local parks. (Disney, FunSpot, SeaWorld, Busch) and a trip to Six Flags Over Georgia.

Sometime over the summer I'll be visiting my mom and dad in Massachusetts with a standard visit to Six Flags New England and Canobie Lake. Also going to Lake Compounce for Phobia Phear Coaster. And in June I'll be spending a few days in DC before making a quick coaster trip to Hershey, Adventure Park USA, Conneaut Lake Park (if Blue Streak is running), Kennywood, and maybe Cedar Point... Depending on Conneaut. And lastly, trying to work out some sort of New Jersey trip between Great Adventure, Keansburg, and Ocean City (maybe tied into my New England trip... Not sure yet)

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'm due to visit Tivoli Gardens & Bakken next month (first time for both, so that should prove exciting). I also have Towers planned for March and Port Aventura pencilled in for September. The gaps between just need filling now!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Update
For sure-
Worlds of Fun
Frontier City (gotta get da creds fam)

Most likely-
Six Flags over Texas
Silver Dollar City

Maybe, but still a work in progress-
Six Flags St. Louis
Six Flags Great America
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World

Long shot-
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Sea World San Antonio
Galveston Pier/Kemah Boardwalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Things that are now definite

I'm doing a pretty intense 12-day China trip from the 23rd of this month, visiting the cities kind of around the Shanghai area, but without going into Shanghai since I did a long weekend and covered all of the parks a few months ago. The cities are Ningbo (Romon-U, Oriental Heritage) Hangzhou (random crap, but apparently a nice city) Suzhou (Vekoma Stingray, but again apparently very nice), Changzhou (China Dinosaurs Park and World Joyland), Nanjing (bunch of crap really) and Wuhu (3 Fantawild parks). It will be pretty full on, but the cities are close together and the travel time between them will be quite minimal for the most part thanks to the high-speed rail.

At the end of April, I've got a long weekend in Xi'an booked. There's quite a lot of crap scattered about, but the main reason to go is Lewa World, which has that massive Mack thing which has basically dropped off the radar since construction finished as nobody has actually been there yet. Xi'an itself looks fab as well.

Last night I booked flights from the UK to Chicago in late July. A USA trip was on the cards, but I was originally thinking Texas, which I'd thought to do last year. I guess that's put off for yet another year then. The prices and travel times (duration and departure/arrivals) were just a lot better for Chicago. I've given myself two weeks, not including a day on each end for travel,and haven't planned it out exactly yet. I'll stay in Chicago for a few days first though, do a day at SFGAm, then likely head up to Milwaukee. No idea what's there - will probably just stay a day - but it's close to Chicago, easy to get to, and also has high-speed ferries across lake Michigan which drop off very close to Michigan's Adventure on the other side. From there it'll be a ferry back to Milwaukee for a train to Wisconsin Dells, and from there another train to Minneapolis for Valleyfair and that shopping mall park. I'm guessing I'll fly back from there to Chicago for the flight home.

Still Undecided

Shanghai Disney. I've got a long weekend at the end of July that would be ideal in terms of timing. Having said that, because of very frequent flights between Hong Kong and Shanghai, any regular weekend would actually be fine since I'd literally just be going for Disney. I could easily go after work on a Friday, have all day Saturday, most of the day on Sunday and get an evening flight back. My gut tells me to hold off for a few months at least and do a weekend in October or November, but it's such a major thing to be opening and I kind of just want to get there.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Milwaukee is really only known for having a few breweries and a retractable roofed baseball stadium. Sprecher's is a personal favorite. It includes a tour and free soda/drinks at the end. Chicago actually has some stuff to do(i.e MSI, Art Museum, Sears Tower(it will always be Sears Tower. Don't let anyone fool you), Millennium Park, Pizzeria Uno/Due, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, etc.). Also, if you want, I do know a place with a few +1s about 30 minutes from GAm. If you want to know anything about the Chicagoland area, really, just ask me, and I'll be glad to help. :)

After looking again, I think I'll really only be doing SFGAm this year. But on the bright side, I have the chance to meet quite a few people from here. It'll be nice to meet a few more people on here(I met SimonSays last year, and 2 others from a local forum in the past 2 years).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ The only thing I know about Milwaukee is Jeffrey Dahmer. Like I said though, I'll probably just spend a day having a wander, but I'm really using it as a way to get across to Muskegon for Michigan's Adventure.

Which place are you thinking of near SFGAm? I've noticed there are a few around Chicago, but I don't think I'll go for them since they seem to be in kiddy restaurants and s**t.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It's a place called Santa's Village. They have a Dragon Wagon, a Wacky Worm, and maybe a Zyklon(RCDB said it's removed, but it's still on the park map I think). Turns out it's an hour southwest from SFGAm, and 50 minutes Northwest from Chicago. So do it if you want, but you don't need to.

http://rcdb.com/4721.htm

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I'd seen that and decided against it. I don't drive. It's the sort of place I'd probably do if it was in, or close to, a city centre with decent public transport and/or cheap and easily-found taxis - I'll mop those kind of places up in China all the time - but in the US I wouldn't bother to be honest. Thanks though.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'll be visiting a few colleges out in New York and Pennsylvania at the end of August and will be pretty close to Herhseypark, Dorney Park, and Knoebels (the latter two I've been wanting to check out for a while now). Would love to do them after the college visit and possibly some other stuff (depending on how much time my dad can take off work) on the drive back to the east coast. Nothing's confirmed but it seems pretty likely as we'll definitely be in the area.

Gotta remind myself not have any theme parks be deciding factors for college. :lol:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The US Live and I'll be damned if i don't make it out to Dorney this year. Gotta get that intamin gen 1 drop tower. Other than that it's all tbd

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
It looks like a great year for me!

In order of visit, this is the confirmed parks so far:

Tivoli Gardens
Djurs Sommerland
Tivoli Friheden
Phantasialand
Walibi Belgium
Plopsaland De Panne
Walibi Holland
Kolmården
Gröna Lund

cookie

Giga Poster
I have a goal of going to five parks this year, two of which I've already booked transport/hotels for so I know their exact dates.

Heide Park - April 16th
Europa Park - June 3rd and 4th
Liseberg - Between May and August
Hansa Park - July/August
Phantasialand - Between August and December (depends on cash flow and when Taron opens)

If I have time and money left over I'd like to visit these parks as well:

Gröna Lund
Kolmården
Tivoli Gardens

Then my main objective in 2017 is to get to Port Aventura.