What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Dad, just suprised me. Said he'll take me to thorpe on friday. :)
I'll take some pics there, but since i'm new to this forum, in the sense of pics and stuff, I do hope the pics will be able to be uploaded well. Anyways, have to wait until friday.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Your best bet is to upload them to something like Photobucket or Imageshack and copy the links. :)

Make sure they're resized a bit though. ;)

Ollie

CF Legend

Or if you copy the image location from Facebook then they're usually a nice size for the forum. Don't think there will be much to take photos of though apart from mud and the posters stuck up everywhere.

MrCobyChan

Roller Poster

Its going to be a good project with an investment of £18 million but not much activity on the site, visiting sunday, ill see whats going on

Coasterfreck

Hyper Poster

Just returned from TP and they had a couple of diggers on the land were LC12 will be located on.
Not much activity but it should be late June early July when we start seeing some construction work in my opinion bassed on when they started constructing Saw The Ride.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Thanks for the update. I was going to check it out on Sunday but now I'm going to save on fuel :p

the king

Mega Poster

Got some pics. Not the best, but at least you get to see the island. As mentioned a few posts back, not much activity. Only a whole bunch of peggs on the island, marking the footers. But while on tidal wave, I realised that near the connection on the warehouse and the LC12 island, there are some of those, office in a container things, all set up and peeps in them. Pardon me for making the name up. I sense a huge step in construction work coming up. :D
Pics here:http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/f1n5/

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Ohhh t's quite a big open space! For some reason the plans made the area look smaller. I guess it is a beast of a ride..

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ By the sounds of it, no. A few diggers on site, a couple of new markers but nothing amazing.

I'll try to head up there after work one day next week for a quick perv at the MUD.

If the track is due to in September, then I'm expecting HOLES IN THE MUD to happen this month.

the king

Mega Poster

I forgot to mention. I'm not sure if this has to do with any of LC12, but for some reason in the staff car park, there were some american school buses. Around 4 were there when I saw it on tidal wave.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

It seems a little early for theming. But if they were going to buy up a load of old american school busses for it, I guess that's as good a place as any to keep them! I don't remember any school busses in the plans, I don't know if planning permission needs to be granted for vehicles and other smaller, potentially non-stationary objects.

I think they're more likely for some other reason.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Some of the local schools round my way use actual American school buses. It'll just be a school trip I imagine.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

the king said:
I forgot to mention. I'm not sure if this has to do with any of LC12, but for some reason in the staff car park, there were some american school buses. Around 4 were there when I saw it on tidal wave.

Mysterious Sue said:
Some of the local schools round my way use actual American school buses. It'll just be a school trip I imagine.
In half term though, Sue?

The artwork does depict a food truck HGV...
lc12foodtruck.png

...but it's of an British lorry so if they used American school bus, the theme would clash and disappoint people like me :wink:

I doubt the Yanky school buses are anything to be excited about.

the king

Mega Poster

The school buses were damaged, from what I saw. One had its front section smashed in, and the rest were just quiet dirty, with a few missing windows.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

the king said:
The school buses were damaged, from what I saw. One had its front section smashed in, and the rest were just quiet dirty, with a few missing windows.
Just standard Staines buses really...

T0M

Hyper Poster

Maybe going somewhere else in Amity, they'd fit in with the theming there.

the king

Mega Poster

Maybe, if it were for amity, i would prefer them somewhere around storm surge, but it's a matter of wait to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.