Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Coastermaniac94 said:
When will we start to see footers or something moe exciting than a mud island?
If the track is arriving in September, then the groundwork (footers etc) should start pretty soon. I hear that construction will step up a gear at the end of this month/early June.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^That could be that the track hasn't been painted yet. It looks like it could just be coated in a primer of some sort.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Well there you go then. I didn't see any point looking at the plans in that much detail. ;)

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

I know but am confused on what you and Uncle Arly were talking about...... anyway checked them out and I am 100% certain it is wingrider track and 95% certain it is LC12. It would be strange if another park requested the same colour track type and same design before anyone in the outside world knew about it..... Plus as far as I can tell The wingrider was made with Merlin and I believe they have exclusive rights for a time period over the design...... Cant wait XD

Kebab

Giga Poster

Wow, this is looking pretty nice! I love the area they're building it in, looks completely secluded from the park and will add a new dimension to Thorpe. I'm really, actually, this is the most anticipated coaster for me in a good while! Raptor seems a bit of a disappointment, it's pretty much the 'AIR' of B&M Wing-Riders, so maybe we'll be seeing the 'Superman' here at Thorpe, but I'd rather prefer it to be the 'Tatsu' of Wing-Riders...

On top of the anticipation, there are doubts. But it's looking to be one of, if not, the best coaster at the park. Just hope it doesn't get thrown down by mediocre theming or lack of force.

Thorpe gets slated so much on here though, it's a good park! :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Its tradition, it will always get slated, just for the sake of it!

Just like the fountain jokes at BPB, they will last forever!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

So has Thorpe done any special promotion today seeing as it would be an ideal marketing ploy to tie in with the supposed "end of the world". Its suppressing because their twitter account says nothing about today. And they are all over this conspiracy theory sort of thing.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

So has Thorpe done any special promotion today seeing as it would be an ideal marketing ploy to tie in with the supposed "end of the world". Its suppressing because their twitter account says nothing about today. And they are all over this conspiracy theory sort of thing.

Thorpe's end of the world prediction goes completely against today's. They can't promote two apocalypses! All they could say about today is that they disagree and we'll have to wait another year or so!

Mark

Strata Poster

Kebab said:
Thorpe gets slated so much on here though, it's a good park! :)

It's not so much the park that gets slated, more the poor operational standards which they seem to have and the tendancy to cut corners with things.

I am mighty excited about this one, the first coaster on park since Inferno to make me actually WANT to go back there. I have high hopes for the theming and everything they can do with it. I have a few niggling doubts about the theme effort being as good as in the plans, but when are plans ever what we actually see?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Mark said:
I am mighty excited about this one, the first coaster on park since Inferno to make me actually WANT to go back there. I have high hopes for the theming and everything they can do with it. I have a few niggling doubts about the theme effort being as good as in the plans, but when are plans ever what we actually see?
Agreed. I hope they can pull this off. I've been in two minds to go back to Thorpe for a number of years now, but to be honest I'll definitely be going back next year for this.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ I'll be visiting on a frequent basis throughout the season to keep on top of construction (I'm really looking forward to this coaster!), but after November, we'll have to rely on park updates etc.

dominoes

Mega Poster

I am going in June and then August, so I should get a good look as well.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster

Awwwwww.... I should read articles fully instead of just skimming :(

Inappropriate comment fail

Status
Not open for further replies.