What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Unless Im getting confused with another manufacturer, dont B&M have a factory in Europe?

marc

CF Legend

Yes they do but the way costs are it is probably cheaper to make it in the USA and ship it over, silly really but I know even with my work it is cheaper for them to get carpets from the USA and Canada than Europe.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

Isnt this a bit early for the track to be fabricated since it's only May and construction on anything hasnt really started?

Smithy

Strata Poster

Hardly, I'd imagine it's going to take a while to ship the track over and they'll want it on site as soon as the season ends, if not sooner.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Yeah I'd imagine they fabricate it as soon as the park's given planning permission. Remember we don't usually see the track when it's at the factory (well we never used to anyway), so nah, it's not early at all.

peep

CF Legend

I do believe it was mentioned in a press release somewhere that construction was going to start towards the end of May which does seem like a long time for construction but hopefully this means they'll have plenty of time to get it perfect before opening in March next year. I wonder if it's the same concept for Asterix?

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Well "construction starting" will probably mean clearing the area, landscaping and getting the foundations and footers sorted that's what usually takes the longest time. I wouldn't expect any vertical construction until September or October. Due to the size of the thing, if they make it look somewhat impressive for the Fright Nites it'll act as a massive advert itself.

Remember with Stealth, the tophat was complete for the end of October. Getting the lift hill complete by the same time will surely get people going "ok we must come back and ride that when it's complete" as it'll be an impressive size.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

So is wing rider track bigger than Inverted, dm, and all the other b&m track...... looking at it how can we tell that its wingrider track (apart from the label of course)?

spicy

Giga Poster
LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Well obviously it's smaller than DM track as that track is huge. As for invert I guess there can't be much in it but I would say this tracks bigger, don't know how much by though.

It all points to it being LC12 track though, and it all points to being awesome! Which we haven't been able to say about for a UK coaster for years!

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

Its impossible to be anything else though..... I mean Parc Asterix already has their track(and its blue invert) and the only other park apparently getting a b&m is Port Aventura and I cant Imagine them also getting a grey wingrider...... btw does anyone know if there were any lift pieces there or is there still more to fabricate?

Inverse

Hyper Poster

Screamscape seems to be down now. Does anyone know of links to these pictures on another server?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

MUD!

lc1215may1.jpg

lc1215may2.jpg

lc1215may3.jpg

lc1215may4.jpg

If for some unknown reason another site wishes to use the photos, that's fine providing they are linked back and credited to CoasterForce.

I also heard that the track is due to arrive in September. Although personally I think it'll be sooner.

Nic

Strata Poster

The park today was absolutely COVERED in those LC12 stickers. They're EVERYWHERE.

Les Coogan, the "hobo guy" character now has his own facebook page. I sent him a message this evening to see what would happen...

lescoogan.png

Having a look through, this is a pretty typical response to anyone that's made a comment on their wall.

I'm loving the amount of effort that Merlin are putting into this.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Talking of effort, I've pulled my finger out and updated the construction blog:
http://www.coasterforce.com/world-park- ... ction-lc12

I hope to keep it updated although I may miss something. Please feel free to drop me a PM if something exciting happens!

james6

Roller Poster

This is looking to be awesome, can I ask if B&M still have there maximum or 3 coasters in a year 'rule' ?

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

oh and great site Ian much appreciated, regular useful construction updates and it will be a fantastic blog :D

Status
Not open for further replies.