What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Haven't Thorpe already used the biohazard symbol all over X:/wtf?
This is starting to look good though. 28 Days Later anyone?

I don't believe it's all over X, it may have been used on some of the mannequins, but other then that noppppe <3

I <3 the flyers posted on the Inferno supports. That's O for Owesome. I like the idea of the hobo guy, but I think it would've been better to have him stood outside the park entrance. If he genuinely was partaking in some kind of protest, wouldn't he be more likely to be stood outside? Would make it look more realistic maybe? Anyway, yes, if anyone goes and he's there, please let me know what he says. Again, a real-life protester/preacher/whatever would have lots to say on the matter - lets see how well they've prepared for this!

Re: the biohazard signs... what Joey/Peep/coastermaniac94/others have said all sounds a bit Raptor-esque to me. Yes, I realise that its another Merlin creation, but does that make them more or less likely to repeat a similar back-story for another one of their rides? They had all the 'government agency' type people in biohazard suits 'scanning' guests towards the end of last season. I wonder if we'll see something similar at Thorpe? (besides hobo guy, of course...)

Rumour Alert: Apparently Theres an old fire engine in the engineering staff car park, who knows if it was used for Saw Alives fire or if it is the first piece of theming for LC12..... I guess someone will found out

Nic said:
Re: the biohazard signs... what Joey/Peep/coastermaniac94/others have said all sounds a bit Raptor-esque to me. Yes, I realise that its another Merlin creation, but does that make them more or less likely to repeat a similar back-story for another one of their rides? They had all the 'government agency' type people in biohazard suits 'scanning' guests towards the end of last season. I wonder if we'll see something similar at Thorpe? (besides hobo guy, of course...)

Plus even if they copy this the likelihood of the GP knowing about Gardaland and Raptor are unlikely. So it's almost a win win situation.

Exactly, Dave. It's unlikely any of Thorpe's customers will know about the similar marketing strategy that Gardaland used.

Yes, that's a very good point, and not something I'd considered. In that case, we could well see something pretty similar, don't you reckon?

I'd guess so. I mean, it'll be more, the government trying to hide it from us I reckon. But still, similar.

I know I'm slightly late but I've only just found out about all these posters and the site.
Putting the clues we've got it seems like it's going to be themed to the aftermath of a nuclear blast (hence the original images we saw) and then the radiation infecting people and creating a 28 Days Later style area.
Maybe the ride is meant to simulate being chased, or trying to escape on an aircraft and dodging debris and crashed planes and helicopters.

All seems rather exciting but I'm just going to take a back seat and let this once develop. Don't want to hype it up at all in case it's another repeat of Th13teen, although we can already see from the plans it's going to be loads better as it's actually aimed at thrill seekers and a much older target audience.

Glad to see the park putting this sort of effort in. Hopefully they won't go too over the top with the PR and not do any stupid stories about having paramedics at the exit of the ride and only being able to ride once a day due to health risks. :p

was in the park yesterday (3rd) and their is a shed load more new lc12 posters/stickers about the place, also another sandwich board holder was about the park, but that was it.

IMO i feel that as other people have pointed out if this holder was protesting why not have him outside the front of the park at the gates or even at the main entrance, why would someone who is protesting be within the park they are against?

also feel they could do a little more around the park like if they have to have the protester within the park why not have them placed by where the ride is actually going to be?
(on a side not the land is nearly all filled in)

not much more really to say lol

^ I don't know why you expect more advertising. Them doing ANYTHING is unusual this early in the season! They've basically started up the hype machine as soon as they've got planning permission!

The marketing usually starts to kick off towards halloween. Even though this is fairly quiet, it's still alot more than usual for this time in the season, and is only an indication of how heavy they'll be marketing this beast when the time comes!

Looking at Screamscape, some one has been busy...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhNxAfUqSJ0[/youtube]

Good on them!

Humm he looks very menacing! :lol: and he was outside the park as well when I saw him.

IMO i feel that as other people have pointed out if this holder was protesting why not have him outside the front of the park at the gates or even at the main entrance, why would someone who is protesting be within the park they are against?

Who says they are agains't the park? The boards say "The end is coming", they're not really protesting, just getting their opinion across.

I am proper looking forward to this..... Have been to Thorpe once in the past 3 years and was planning on making it there at least once this year but will wait until this bastard is open. All the other rides will be fresh to me and I reckon this thing will be awesome too.

To be totally fair, we don't know for definite if it is for Thorpe yet. Yeah, it's VERY likely to be, but we don't know for sure!

Well the shape of the track and the joints fully support that its is :)

And also, Thorpe have already shown the track colour on the plans, and they match this. AND the ties are the same shape as Raptors, and there's no other wing riders announced for next year. It's pretty certainly LC12 right there.

To think in a year we'll all be riding around on that steel.

Although guys...
db_2011_0512_BMTrack111.jpg

THINK I see a possible trim there.

Ha! Nothing like complaining about Trims when the track is fresh out of the factory :)

Either way. Let the excitement begin! UK's first B&M for 9 years :--D

Status
Not open for further replies.