What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neilfever on TPM posted a apparent official media site for lc12, check it out http://lc12.net/ ;)
google Neilfever twitter and he has some updates today because apparently Thorpe Park is going to release some info on the ride

Edit: When I gave my email for updates it sent me a message saying this "Sign-up Confirmed You are on the list.

The government is monitoring electronic communication. Stay safe. Stay alert.

We shall uncover the truth!"

I would imagine this will turn out to be nothing to do with Thorpe Park or Merlin. If it is, then frankly it's a huge fail.

Why would a date of midday on 1 August be relevant to the rollercoaster project? I also find it bizzare that they are using the international biohazard symbol on the page. Also, using recent events in japan etc in Tweets is unnacceptable and they would be rightly hammered for doing that.

^Ha, I just Googled the '102 days from today' type thing too. Why would this be opening at midday August 1st?

I'm not convinced this is official... frankly the whole thing is a bit dubious...

Yeah, don't buy this.

^ Woohoo, a fellow pessimist. It wouldn't be a shock if they responsible for something so bad, though!

Could well be that the real marketing/official announcement will take place August 1st? Similar to how Saw had a countdown if I recall...

No idea if it's real or not though, but does it have to be?

Meh, I don't really mind that much. I probably won't be checking the site itself much, but I am following it on twitter, just in case anything interesting happens. Which I doubt.

Wow, well where to start! :D

Firstly, I'd like to nip in the bud the debate over whether it's real or not. Firstly, the site does show a level of professional design that I'd expect from a big company. Secondly, the whois website is very reliable. Thirdly, if this was a hoax then surely they'd have tried to make us believe something more silly or weird, otherwise it'd be pretty pointless.

Part of me wants to get really offended. The only thing to get offended about is the use of the Japanese earthquake. But you know what? Actually I think this is bloody cool. I've always thought rides have never really explored truly dark themes. I like the idea of them tying it in to real world disasters, I think it's pretty awesome for a coaster actually.

It definitely seems to confirm that the Mayan prediction of the end of the world in 2012 is the theme, specifically. I really hope that nuclear warning symbol is the logo of the ride, it's beautifully simple.

On the website itself, the phrase "help me uncover, help me warn" strongly implies there'll be some sort of online game, like Gardaland did, and I'll be amazed if there isn't.

earthquakesSF SF QuakeBot retweetet by LC12net said:
A 1.0 magnitude earthquake occurred 2.49 mi SW of San Ramon, CA. Details: http://eqbot.com/Enq Map: http://eqbot.com/En6
I wonder if Thorpe know that 1.0 is an earthquake so weak you literally wouldn't notice it, and they happen all the time. :p

"01.08.11. The beginning of the end is upon us.
We must uncover the truth.

The World is fragile, our foundations are cracking. Recent events are a warning. What will happen I don't know but this marks the beginning of the end.

History points to 2012. The end is coming, this is just the start. It will come and they will not stop!

Help me uncover, help me warn."

This must link to the story, and whos they? interesting

The symbol indicates a biohazard, not radiation. So biological weapons and governemnt lies, next they'll be saying it's being opened by Tony Blair.

Although we know alot about LC12 now, they've never made a full public announcement about the details of the ride or the theme. August 1st sounds like a good time to do that, it'll catch the summer crowds, which will allow them to market the ride during the rest of the season.

See now THIS is how to begin marketing a new ride... Hoepfully they will continue along this path and prevent any "Ultimate/one ride/healthcare" bollocks...

Status
Not open for further replies.