What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I was looking through the plans, and I realised that most of the vehicles, and containers, have the word 'graphics' on them, other than the fire engine or plane. I'm not sure if this word is used because it is a plan, or do you think it could be a kind of hint.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Haha, no.

It probably just means a "graphic of something" will be there, a bit like the 50's quiff stencil advert on the side of Stealth's photo shop. They don't need to supply artwork in a planning application.

T0M

Hyper Poster

It's where the Dr Pepper sponsorship advertising is going to go.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

One of the people I follow on Twitter posted a photo from the construction site yesterday.

Not much to report. Holes are being dug, diggers on site, piles of MUD.

So we're slowly moving out of the MUD stage and into HOLES stage.

The entire process is:
MUD > HOLES > CONCRETE > FOOTERS > TRACK > TRAINS > TESTING > THEME > OPENING.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ian said:
The entire process is:
And this is a fanboi's process:

MUD > TOUCH CROTCH > HOLES > FIDDLE A BIT MORE > CONCRETE > SEMI > FOOTERS > RAGING HARD-ON > TRACK > MASTURBATE > TRAINS > MASTURBATE > TESTING > ITS BLEEDING NOW > THEME > DRY AS A BONE > OPENING > ZZZZOOOOOOEEEEMMMMMMMMGMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

the king

Mega Poster

At last something great is going on. I pressume we should see footers next week, but that's just me.

kimahri

CF Legend

Hixee said:
Ian said:
The entire process is:

MUD > TOUCH CROTCH > HOLES > FIDDLE A BIT MORE > CONCRETE > SEMI > FOOTERS > RAGING HARD-ON > TRACK > MASTURBATE > TRAINS > MASTURBATE > TESTING > ITS BLEEDING NOW > THEME > DRY AS A BONE > OPENING > ZZZZOOOOOOEEEEMMMMMMMMGMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Wheres the radom **** speculation and irrational outbursts? stingers anyone?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

kimahri said:
Hixee said:
Ian said:
The entire process is:

;)

Wheres the radom **** speculation and irrational outbursts? stingers anyone?
This is true. It was forgotten.

Dave

CF Legend

Ian said:
One of the people I follow on Twitter posted a photo from the construction site yesterday.

Not much to report. Holes are being dug, diggers on site, piles of MUD.

So we're slowly moving out of the MUD stage and into HOLES stage.

The entire process is:

You've missed out over-hyped dissapointment

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

the king said:
I'm not sure if this is the pick your talkin about Ian, but it's a recent one i found.
http://twitpic.com/58v9de
Aye, that's the badger.

Lol, again i was going to pop in again this weekend for a few photos but looks liek there's no need. Another half a tank of fuel saved.

T0M

Hyper Poster

If I may revise the process:

OVERHYPE > MUD > HOLES > CONCRETE > FOOTERS > TRACK > TRAINS > TESTING > CUTBACKS > THEME > OPENING > MISMANAGEMENT > DISAPPOINTMENT

the king

Mega Poster

Just wonderin. Do you guys know if john wardley helped design part of this ride?

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

Hopefully by the time I visit the park in mid July there may be concrete and MUD!!! ^ well according to his ste he is working on a thorpe park project so he may be be but hes defo not the creator of the rides design.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

John Wardley is a ride consultant, he's not in charge and hasn't been for years! I think they like him to speak to the press at ride openings because he's done it before and they like a familiar face to represent the company (also Candy Holland seems abit shy). But if you actually listen to what he says, he makes it clear it's not him behind the ride, and tries to direct all the credit to the team which actually (in his eyes) deserve it.

This will be a Candy Holland ride I think. And I'm glad, she's getting better and better at her job, I've noticed an improvement over the past few years. I think she did a great job with Raptor and Krake. It's a shame Krake never got the "mouth dive" but she was probably involved in the idea of it, which is a great one!

I'm not sure on the theme of this yet, her past few rides have harked back to famous horror films (Infact when interviewing for Saw she stated her love for horror movies) and stories. Thirteen was clearly taken from "The Day of the Triffids" a book by John Wyndham, Saw (obvious), Krake another nod to Wyndham "The Kraken Wakes" with influence from the PotC films, and then Raptor conquers sci-fi horror with a wealth of influences.

She knows her stuff and I'm excited to see where she goes with this. Will it be like a disaster movie? Will it be a zombie theme?

Also I know I've said this before but I don't understand the statement about budget cuts effecting the theme! Yes in the troubling early/mid 00s we saw cut backs as the ownership of the parks changed around. But if you look at the plans for Thirteen and Saw nothing got taken out, and infact they added abit more! The tree infront of the station was never in the plans and Saw did exactly what was down on paper. I have faith we'll see everything we see in the plans.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Good post there bob and spot on about JW and CH.

I think Saw was a slight exception because they were tied in with Lionsgate (Lions Gate?) who ensured it was top notch (theme wise).

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Can you tell us more about how Thirteen is like "The Day of the Triffids? I have to say, I never spotted the connection before, but it's quite an interesting concept. :D

Ben

CF Legend

^Plants taking over, I guess?

I can't say I agree that they are actually related though, tbh. The Triffids are actually active, basically creatures, whereas in Th13teen you're not actually attacked by the plants, but, the wraiths... and whatever the Hell the little girl ghost has to do with anything... The plants are only there because it has been abandonded for so long, so the plants grow.

It reminds me of Blink, the episode of Doctor Who. In that, the house is all overgrown because the weeping angels make it uninhabitable. Replace the angels with wraiths, and you have Th13teen...

blink.bmp

See, the background there is soooooo Th13teen.

Now, I'm not saying that Blink actually influenced Th13teen (although if it had that would be the BEST THING EVER), but, that's what it reminds me of more. Doesn't help that the wraiths are actually non-moving statues. And it doesn't help in a discussion like this that Th13teen's theme is about as well-told as a J.K. Rowling novel...

Status
Not open for further replies.