What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Ha. Wow. Some of this PR stuff is pretty funky. I just love how they're LITTERING the area near Stealth. It's so funny.

Can't wait to see some ACTUAL construction photos..

It always surprises me how leafy it is out there. It'll be a great setting for the coaster.

Pity there aren't any footers there yet. Would've been great to see @ least 1. :(

The large hole is usually for the station building.

I thought the hole for the station, should have steel girders in there by now, just like saw's one, to not let the exterior earth cave in, if ur wonderin what I'm on about.

The track isn't arriving until September (so I've been told), so two months is plenty of time to get the footers done.

All I know is that it's going to have some big ass queue system which takes half an hour to just walk through. From the looks of things, this ride doesn't even look that special. Sure, you have a greater turning moment on the barrel rolls and all, but it's just another twisty layout with kickass theming.

Still, any new coaster and Thorpe is sure to be awesome, so I'll cheer up and be a bit thankful that Britain is FINALLY getting a new B&M coaster.

anorak16 said:
All I know is that it's going to have some big ass queue system which takes half an hour to just walk through. From the looks of things, this ride doesn't even look that special. Sure, you have a greater turning moment on the barrel rolls and all, but it's just another twisty layout with kickass theming.

Still, any new coaster and Thorpe is sure to be awesome, so I'll cheer up and be a bit thankful that Britain is FINALLY getting a new B&M coaster.

Who said we weren't cheery?

Oh guys weird thing happened today...
I was walking near my house and I saw a poster for LC12 stuck on a postbox, and on a lampost down the street there was another one. It kinda creeped me out :--D

Anyway I was wondering, what do you think the theme music will be like?

I'd be surprised if it had theme music. Will most likely just have ambience sounds like Saw does.

Ollie said:
I'd be surprised if it had theme music. Will most likely just have ambience sounds like Saw does.

Erm... What?

Saw has theme music for one thing, and how does Saw not having a particular theme mean LC12 won't have one?

^Round the area where Saw is it's mainly ambience like dogs barking and police radios etc. It doesn't have a proper theme tune like Inferno/Colossus have etc.
I think because of the setting of the new ride they'll be more likely to go for some ambience such as old broken radios from the overturned lorry or whatever and other noises with a slight track bed.
Don't forget this is all speculation and I didn't say that this will have ambience 'because' Saw did. I said it will probably have an ambience track 'like' Saw does (using it as an example).

Spam. Spam. Spam.

In those 3 words you have obtained the same amount of information about LC12 than 9/10s of this topic.

I was going to say, I thought Saw had a sound track? It was done by Fear Engine (Adam Slevin)?

I love how this topic is on 53 pages already, without any ACTUAL construction, apart from the making of a big dirt pile...

I'll give thorpe 4 weeks, until some pictures, other than dirt and mud, begin to happen. I have a bad feeling some theming is going to be dropped. Hopefully not the plane. [-o<

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO2RQ_3yuaQ[/youtube]

Glad that's cleared up.

-lofty- said:
I love how this topic is on 53 pages already, without any ACTUAL construction, apart from the making of a big dirt pile...
Not just MUD, there's also a FENCE!

I took these images this afternoon.

Diggers.
1lc1226june.jpg

6lc1226june.jpg

Fence.
4lc1226june.jpg

7lc1226june.jpg

The most interesting is this one. I swear there wasn't water in the foreground last time. I'm guessing that they've dug out a little lake, hence the monster pile of MUD.
2lc1226june.jpg

3lc1226june.jpg

Aside from that, yeah, nothing exciting to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.