Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Yeah, reading that, Herbert clearly just stole the entire story to use as the basis for Survivor :lol:

the king

Mega Poster

Do you peeps think it's likely that thorpe will add mist under the plane wing, or just leave it as a empty big gap?

Ben

CF Legend

^That's very optimistic expecting Thorpe to actually BUILD the plane...

Beans

Hyper Poster

Wow now that is spooky Dave, I didn't actually remember that one and my dad would have been working at the RMC plant that is now Thorpe at that time, I would have been 10 years old. I'm glad the article has started a good talking point, and it would be good if something in it could be done to comemorate those that died as well, like the plaque they have for Di on Loggers.
Hell knows what Candy's mind is on but lest hope whatever they do they actuall make it impressive as the plans say.
And thanks Furie for putting me back in touch with my local author, now diggin out all his books to re read again after they have been stored for many years.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

This sounds WAY too familiar to the Thirteen construction story ideas... (The lost hound and child thing for example)

Remember how that turned out? Mr Wardley himself said that stories for the most part aren't that important to the target audience anymore...

the king

Mega Poster

Now looking at the construction of parc asterix's 2012 coaster, and dollywoods wingrider, footers should be poured down by now.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Beans said:
it would be good if something in it could be done to comemorate those that died as well, like the plaque they have for Di on Loggers.

Yeah, I don't think a plaque to commemorate plane crash victims on a theme park ride which is supposed to simulate the experience is a particularly good PR idea.

It would be like installing a launch into a concrete tunnel on Loggers Leap and putting the Di plaque there.

Ben

CF Legend

gavin said:
It would be like installing a launch into a concrete tunnel on Loggers Leap and putting the Di plaque there.

And then an animatronic of Elizabeth denying any involvement whilst washing the blood off her hands <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

the king said:
Now looking at the construction of parc asterix's 2012 coaster, and dollywoods wingrider, footers should be poured down by now.
Seems like you care a bit too much... just saying... ;)

It'll be finished on time, I don't know what you seem so worried about. :lol:

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

the king said:

Dawg chill cool) , Thorpe know what their doing.......... maybe not :|

Lofty

CF Legend

Nemesis Inferno said:
This sounds WAY too familiar to the Thirteen construction story ideas... (The lost hound and child thing for example)

Remember how that turned out? Mr Wardley himself said that stories for the most part aren't that important to the target audience anymore...

Yeah, but I think you're forgetting one thing: None of them were actually real. They were made up from a fan on the internet. So when talking about Mr Wardley and in reference to them stories, it's just not justified!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

^And none of the stories being spoken about here are real so far are they?

Just saying... My point was that there's no real focus from the designers on ride stories and backgrounds to the degreee that these posts seem to be indicating... I just highly doubt these book excerpts will have anything to do with the ride to any degree... Wishful thinking if you will...

the king

Mega Poster

While surfing on the net, a person has said that when they last went to thorpe, they saw alot of activity. He said there were cement mixers, electical cables, pipes, a big air compresser and also what seemed to him to be a big motor of some sort. Also the foundation crew are on site and drilling more holes. Finally, it has begun.
:--D

No pictures unfortunatly.

T0M

Hyper Poster

The more I look at the plans, the more I think this thing will be very good if it swoops down VERY low to the water (particularly on the first drop) and close to the items of theming. I still think it's going to be more Air rather than Nemesis for intensity, but I'm optimistic now.

What I'm not optimistic about is how opening day is going to be managed, how it's going to be flooded with Fastracks and generally how Thorpe will run it.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

footers will be done by september and if their not then well we can all have a great big b*tch at thorpe park. It's plenty time and lets just enjoy the fast moving construction and not worry about things that are not going to happen :D

Ethan

Strata Poster

I am going on saturday so i will try and get some pics!

dominoes

Mega Poster

Same, I'm going tomorrow. I will try to get pics, but I'm with a group that don't care about it, so I may not get pics

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

The more photos the merrier!

I'm also visiting on Saturday to film the other rides for our YT channel and I'll take some more if there's anything new to report. (Say hello if you see me, ethanthecoasterkid!)

Another month and the marketing campaign will creep up a gear. My (incredibly reliable) source at the park tells me that there will be something happening at the park on August 1st, but the focus will be on the LC12 website, not so much at the park.

dominoes

Mega Poster

Yay, my birthdays August the first! I feel so special :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.