What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I think on August 1st they will release TV ads and finally linkn LC12.net with the park

Beans

Hyper Poster

I went to Thorpe today and found some locations to look at ride area where they were drilling piles...

thorpe3062.jpg

thorpe3063.jpg

thorpe3065.jpg

thorpe30620.jpg

thorpe30625.jpg

thorpe30624.jpg

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

nice pictures!
atleast from now on construction will be something to look forward to! ;P

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

So Im guessing in no time we will be seeing footers and concrete hence the drilling manchine thing and the concrete mixer on the last pic?

the king

Mega Poster

From what I read on a website, it states that if a concrete mixer is on site, then that is them beginning to form footers. Hopefully thorpe have done that, then i'll be reasurred if some pics emerge later today.

dominoes

Mega Poster

Didn't take any pics, but what Beans put up sums it all up. Although, I noticed even more advertising around the park. Didn't realise there would be THAT much

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Absolutely nothing new to report following my visit today.

Although they were working today, which is odd. Working on a Saturday? Perhaps they are behind?

But yeah, no change.

Beans

Hyper Poster

I am going again Thursday but not again for a couple of weeks then 6 weeks off work for summer hols, I will def be going on 1st August as I am curious. Perhaps Ian if you have a weekday off at begining of August we could do some rides and check progress together, I will post anything new I see anyway, getting a bit excited now, really looking forward to this one......

Ethan

Strata Poster

I went yesterday, nothing seemed to be moving to me. And there was that big brown drill thing also :/

the king

Mega Poster

By the end of july we should see most, or all, the footers done. Even possibly the beginning of the theming being erected. And LC12.net, that's another thing to look forward to.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Agreed, I wonder what they will do on the website?
I think they will also release the commercials on TV, but who knows. And what theming do you think they will erect first?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

I don't think tv ads wills be as early as august, maybe viral youtube videos, but they tend to hold back tv ads until they have footage of the ride?

the king

Mega Poster

I think the queue entrance and part of the queue line, with the themed fences, will be the first to be done @ the end of july. But only time will tell.

Ethan

Strata Poster

When Oblivion was being made they filmed the commercials before the ride was built.

the king

Mega Poster

Would be kinda cool, from my opinion, if they just made short commercials. Like a thorpe park commercial being shown, then the TV screen suddenly blurs, and you see the biohazard symbol in the background, with LC12.net in front of it. Then the commercial goes back to how it was before. That would be nice.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

The queue line and entrance will be one of the last things to be built. It'll be virtually impossible for a crane to manoeuvre the larger pieces of track with other stuff, including the themeing, getting in the way.

I don't reckon we'll see an advert until next year. There is no money in having an advert about a new coaster in the national media until it's open (or about to open). Viral marketing will do just fine for now.

If they advertise now that they are getting a new ride in 2012, people will hold off going until next year. What you have to remember is that for about 70% (I made that figure up) of people only visit a theme park once a year. I guarantee that about 75% (again, made up) of people who visit Thorpe Park are unaware that a new coaster is being built.

Status
Not open for further replies.