What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
But this is what anoys me.

The ride will be ready by then and fully tested.

The only reason they would not allow people to ride it is due to the secrets being give away.

Now had they included the ride it would probably be worth it.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Consider that one night at the hotel is £150 with just B&B and it isn't outrageously bad...

So if you don't want to learn about the background stuff don't go... It's that simple... Most people will be going on opening day anyways for riding it... This is a very geeky technical minded trip... And defo not one for those who just want to ride it...

They're planning on letting people into inaccessible areas on the tour, and noted that any photos cannot be published until the 20th...

Hence if they do let people on, forms will be signed to ensure privacy until the date, and hence a binding legal action formed between people to keep quiet... No doubt the workers are under it and I'm sure enthusiasts would not be able to win such a case should they break the contract...

Besides, Hex behind the scenes <3

marc

CF Legend
I am not saying I would not like to know what goes on at all.

What I mean is I would get pissed of knowing about it, probably see it being tested and have to walk away without being able to go on it.

Just ask anyone who was at the Saw media day how that felt to see it being tested and we could not go on it.

Thats what I mean.

And no matter what people sign people still talk, just look what happened yesterday.

Anyway my views on it time to move on lol.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Difference is didn't they do the media day for Saw so people WOULD get to ride it?

Saying you may not ride it at least prepares you for that fact... It would still be disappointing not to ride it, but at least you would have expected as much...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I remembered how they advertised Saw: The Ride; it had a lot of relevance to the date "13". It's been hinted all along if you think logically :)

I actually despise of the name, I can't imagine people going to their friends saying "Yay! Lets ride 13!", it just sounds like they're up for a mass gang bang or something.

Maybe they're leading us to think of another name? And it will be announced moments before the ride is released; it is based around "Psychology", so looks like they want to confuse the public. :?

I even come to think, that "Surrender" sounds a better name. I'm intrigued at how this is going to work out, at the moment it looks like a complete publicity bummer. They've basically erased over 50% of the parks visitors because of that silly age rating; as said before, I thought Saw: The Ride's take on that was bad enough, but this takes takes the Mickey Mouse!

I'm actually very disappointed.. :?

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Kebab said:
"Yay! Lets ride 13!", it just sounds like they're up for a mass gang bang or something.

haha made me laugh.

I'm trying to book for the preview weekend now, but typically there is nowhere on the booking form to say you have an Annual Pass to get the 10% discount, grr. Gunna have to phone them tomorrow I guess.
Anyone booked?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Surely the preview weekend will include a ride on it? If not, whats the point in charging all that money, and they might as well call it a 'behind the scenes' weekend..

Darren

Roller Poster
It doesn't actually say you wont get to ride it, all it says is that they cannot guarantee a ride on it. So, fingers crossed, people might get to ride it then :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
I probably won't be able to get to Alton till the summer so will have to try and avoid spoilers till then.
I'm still not sure about this ride. The park are hyping it up quite a bit but from what I can see it doesn't look like anything special.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Even if rides do occur, info would not be released, nor I doubt would people want it to be released...

^^As I said earlier, it can work out for just a single night at the hotel basic... And that's not including dinner, which you get for this...

Then of course all the back-stage stuff for 3 rides and the talks... As well as waterpark and golf... And two nights... For under £200 (based on 4 people sharing) it isn't exactly bad in my opinion...

The preview thing is not what Saw's one this year was, it's completely different and it interests me a lot more than Saw ever did...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Please note - unfortunately we cannot guarantee a ride on Thirteen. Photographs will be allowed during the event however due to the top secret nature of this event we would kindly ask that photographs are not published online until March 20th 2010. Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to change/alter or cancel the event/offering. Limited availability.

Sounds like they'll try to get you on, but are covering themselves incase it's not finished or what not.

Personally, I'm not fussed. I can ride it all year but it sounds like a brilliant opportunity. Shame it is proper pricey. My Mum rung me and told m about this ha! now we're trying to find where the funds will come from..

Brilliant PR but Alton, everyone's talking about this. But it is all silly. Interested about what furie said about Alton doing something similar with Nemesis, with the intense one ride a day shizz.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^^I know loads of people at college are talking about it saying have you seen the new Alton Towers ride on the news Thirteen or something, you have to sign a legal document to ride it blah blah blah.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Interetsing that Alton Towers have said within the storlyine for this coaster "Thirteen will be based on the discovery of an unearthed ancient burial site in an area of unexplored woodland known as the Dark Forest."

Wasn't there some "issues" about planning permission because locals said it went over some sort of old burial ground or something?

PR stunt?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Or it might just be backstory from another local legend like Hex?

They may be trying to give their major rides stories again like Nemesis and Oblivion...

Was there no official layout picture besides a blueprint type thing shown with the announcement? Or am I completely missing it?

But really, the theming looks great.. The picture of all the cloaked people actually freaked me out a bit, and the whole burial ground/crypt idea is pretty cool, but the coaster itself, well, it looks okay I guess, from what I have seen.

Rush

Giga Poster
Seeing as they're going out of their way to hype this thing up; you would have thought they open it on the 13th not the 20th, just to complete the theme. :?

I haven't seen a lot of it really except for a few hills and turns but I'm not expecting anything spectacular. From what I've seen it looks like it'll deliver more of a "fun factor" than a "thrill factor."

Still, we haven't seen the trains or the world's first part, which can pretty much affect the whole experience anyway. I'm not really going to pay much attention anyway but I'm glad Alton are making this project just as big as Nemesis and Oblivion.

Oh and one last thing. Stop sending me Facebook invitations for Thirteen fan pages and numerous opening events please. (You know who you are. :wink: )

Ta.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I've got them aswell. Ollie must have heard that Alton are billing this as scarier than Saw. He's got to retain his fanboy of the year award somehow. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.