What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol I just invited everyone on my friends list. All you had to do is click ignore. It's Ciall that's doing multiple things to do with it I think.
Any more news if anythings being done to Rita?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
UC said:
Thi3teen Announcement said:
THIRTEEN STATS AND FACTS

Built on a burial site that is part of the original Alton Abbey, Thirteen will be themed around a crypt, with one of the main features of the ride taking place inside the unearthed crypt

LOL! They're really shovelling it heavily there.

Alton Abbey??? There was never an Alton Abbey in Staffordshire. The site is "possibly" part of the old Iron Age Fort, but even that is pretty ropey (which is why they had to do the archaeology).

So, along with the age limit, ride limit and waiver - we now have a fourth bit of bull.

It's working though. Everyone at work and home is going on about it. About how you'll be limited to rides, or have to be over 16. It's all suddenly fact and it's really got a lot of buzz going about the project.

Several thousand brownie points to Alton's PR people I think :)

marc

CF Legend
It was the same with Saw. People at work were going on about it for ages, that soon stopped once they rode it though.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Evidently though the students of Stafford have better things to do in their spare time, as I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet :lol:

May just be going to the backstage weekend as well... I'm rather glad I saved up all the money from Chessie, plus with the loans coming in, muchos monies for moi again... And I should really spend more on random things for me now...

spicy

Giga Poster
furie said:
UC said:
Thi3teen Announcement said:
THIRTEEN STATS AND FACTS

Built on a burial site that is part of the original Alton Abbey, Thirteen will be themed around a crypt, with one of the main features of the ride taking place inside the unearthed crypt

LOL! They're really shovelling it heavily there.

Alton Abbey??? There was never an Alton Abbey in Staffordshire. The site is "possibly" part of the old Iron Age Fort, but even that is pretty ropey (which is why they had to do the archaeology).

Actually there was an Alton Abbey, that was the original house before it was extended and then it became Alton Towers.

I don't think it was ever near where Thirteen is though. The nearest to that would be the Armoury and the Picture Gallery where Hex's queueline now is.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
That second picture blatently shows that the original Alton Abbey was indeed nowhere near Ug Land... As that's the main view of the Towers from the entrance...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, didn't know about the name change there. It was only the Abbey for a short while, and yes - it's pretty much where the Towers are now. It wasn't a "real" abbey though, it was just called that because of the style. So there wasn't a "burial site" and it wasn't really part of the original "Abbey". It's still just gumph.

Jools

Giga Poster
Even more confirmation that Rita is going to be revamped:

Alton Towers' February event in 2010 looks set to be the biggest yet, with more of the parks rides and attractions open than ever before. With Nemesis now added to the line-up, all of the parks coasters will be open with exception to Thirteen (which opens on March 20th) and Rita - Queen of Speed (which is being altered for 2010).

The following rides and attractions will now be available from 13-21 February with admission priced £14.40 if you book online:

•Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
•Air
•Nemesis
•Blade
•Oblivion
•Spinball Whizzer
•Runaway Mine Train
•Duel
•Heave Ho!
•Marauder's Mayhem
•Wobble World
•Twirling Toadstool
•Gallopers Carousel
•Frog Hopper
•Peugeot Driving School
•Doodle Doo Derby
•Dung Heap
•River Bank Eye Spy
•Berry Bish Bash
•Old MacDonald's Tractor Ride
•Singing Barn
•Squirrel Nutty Ride
•Hex
•Giant Rabbits
•Miniature Donkeys

NickkyG

Mega Poster
They say Rita is being altered, but don't state that it will open on the 20th with Thirteen. Does this mean they're doing a bit more than slapping some paint on it? Some near-miss sections of theming or a tunnel section would really just make it a bit more memorable.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Oh that would mean a great time for opening wouldn't it?

Although it would mean that the B&Ms would be only slightly busier...

That's if I'm a guest at opening :lol:

Rita's no big loss to me anyway... If I had my way it'd be going as it's one of the worst designed rides ever in existance and it's completely opposite to the other major rides in everyway...

Yeah... I dislike Rita :p

Brookes

Giga Poster
That looks like a great half term line up, there's never been that many big attractions open I don't think, can't wait till then. Also, hopefully it does look like Rita is getting a re-theme.

Ollie

CF Legend
Anyone else noticed how many Wraiths are standing by the track in the picture? :p
Also wasn't TOTT linked with Th13teen this year? Like with all the ivy on the walls and the wraiths inside. Plus it had a tag line about "What lies within the crypt" and I'm sure that's been said for this ride as well.
Had a chat to Lofty on the phone about the ride for a while and we think we're catching onto something. Also anyone noticed that the station seems quite far back in it's section? Maybe a pre-ride scene as you leave or something?

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'd love to see Rita re-themed for this otherwise the ugly thing will ruin the whole creepy ambience that the area will be trying to create. I also hope the whole bit from Hex over to Rita and 13 gets rethemed for continuity, otherwise the whole thing will just fail.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol they will probably just repaint and rename. Nothing major I don't think as all the moneys going into Th13teen.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
marc said:
Are you all going to love Rita due to a name change and re theme lol it will be the same coaster :)

Nope...

But at least it'll be a bit better if it actually fits into the area better than it does...

Still be a crap ride though...

Status
Not open for further replies.