What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Giga Poster
marc said:
So by reading all these things there is no worlds first element then.

World's first ride to introduce an age cap and potentially have the most ridiculous policies ever?

..Actually, that stuff just sounds like a big marketing ploy to be honest. :|

davidm

Strata Poster
Tree!

4176420800_e104157b67.jpg

(from Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/altontowersresort/)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
marc said:

I would guess there is still the actual way in which the train will move inside the building...

That tree looks good, wonder if they got insipration from the chained oak cos it looks similar to me...

Once again though, the whole age thing came out with Saw, and that was only a 'advisory' thing in the end, we'll see similar here, much like it says on Hex...

Besides, apparently Nemesis was a world's first now... So not everything in that article is true ;)

marc

CF Legend
Neal said:
marc said:

John Wardley said:
“This ground-breaking technology is something never seen before and will open up a whole new concept for theme park rides."

By element I mean drop or new inversion, yes the technolgy might be new but in a way I would rather have a thrill ride than one that plays on my mind.

That what I mean anyway. When some says this is a worlds first you expect somthing like Air, Oblivian if you know what I mean.

I am not let down though as unlike some I did not big it up.

nealbie

CF Legend
I do indeed see what you mean :)

I'm still liking the look of this, hopefully it will ride well. I do doubt it though, pacing is likely to be God-awful like Saw: The Occasionally Working Ride :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
NickkyG said:
The ride actually looks REALLY tall in the tree video on the site. How tall does it look in 'real life'?

I thought it looked pretty short. It's a big area, and the building is much bigger than I thought - but I personally don't think the ride looks as tall as Corkscrew (it isn't :lol: ) or as impressive.

The building though, yes, it looks impressive - but only as much as the Saw building does. ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
So will that tree they've put in the ride area be linked to the story of hex or is it meant to be a completely different tree?

Martyn B

CF Legend
The ride was tested and built in Europe before being shipped to the UK

That surely cant be true? Though I imagine the inside section was pre-built and tested a while back.

That is a good point. Of what I read, I never noticed any mention of 'worlds first coaster' - which would normally be plastered all over articles.

Anyway, still looks good, though not too much has changed, apart from we have the name. And its good to see that this is definitely being plugged as a thrill ride, as appose to family.

visitors will be invited to take a petrifying ride on Thirteen, venturing into the seemingly living and breathing Dark Forest

Surely that means there will be some on goings in the main coaster section..? Live actors? I always had this little feeling that the s-bend had some purpose.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Th13teen....I prefer The Demon, nevertheless....

Well, atleast we have something to discuss over the Christmas...

I'll be there opening day (I hope).

Not much else to comment on really, though the age restrictions are ridiculous. It's a FAMILY park....

Brookes

Giga Poster
Wow I didn't expect this for them to released the name and the theming video! As everyone else says I agree the signing something, age etc. are a load of rubbish but it is getting exciting now. I don't think Thirteen is a brilliant name but I really like the logo. What I want to know is what relevance the number 13 will have with the ride, maybe something to do with the indoor section.

Ollie

CF Legend
That big tree seems like a major scenery piece yet there's nothing I can see on the plans or artwork showing it on there.

marc

CF Legend
Oh Ollie its a tree :)

Go ride the tree and not the coaster :)

They always said there will be something to remember the Corky by and there you go.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm...

Still not decided on the name. Part of me hopes it catches on...

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
As far as the 'Preview Weekend' goes, the cheapest you can get it is gunna be £178.20 each for two people, based on using a 10% annual pass discount.

I checked this with Alton Towers and they've backed that up and also said that the Friday and Saturday nights will be dedicated to talks from people involved (John on Sat night), and Saturday day time for the behind the scenes walkaround shizz.

They also said "If you decide to book, best to do so on the basis that it is a behind-the-scenes/social event weekend without rides.. that way you won't be disappointed."

It's expensive, but then again it is a weekend away including meals, and John Wardley!

Status
Not open for further replies.