What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave said:
Towers Times: Pissing off Alton Towers since 2002 :p

"Genius!" Is all I wanted to say to this, but seeing as how CF has become riddled with fun Nazis recently I shall force myself to contribute to the topic. Despite the fact that I already am by replying to a former post!

Bloody fun Nazis! ****ing bastards!

Evidently I can't contribute to the topic - as Alton Towers don't want me to :p

^**** that.

I'd be very surprised if Alton do that. I'm doubting it's even true, but if it is then they'll certainly realise how stupid they've been.

How bad can it be?

I didn't notice the one ride a day...

'Hello Guest Services, I travelled over 400 miles to experience your new ride and you're only letting me on once? Once is not enough for me and my family considering my wife had to look after my baby and I took my kids on then we swapped, so the kid's couldn't go on with her?'

And that's just one example...

I really wish all this bollocky pyschological stuff got dropped, because Hex did it first... And I doubt this will be more terrifying than Saw...

'Oh look, a Wraith jumped out at me, just like the mummies on RotM... Scary...' :roll:

just to say that this ride is something else. If alton towers is correct and your very ill in the head you will experiance "what ever the coaster was called lol"

I think its going to be a waste of time infact , how are they going to get the effect of no track i want to know.

Any ideas? please post

Sorry for the double post also , this has been described as a "family coaster" , if what tower times has said is true , how can this be so physcological...

This has never been described as family. The basic ride type is family, but Alton Towers have been clearly promoting this as a major thrill ride. ^It is easy to manipulate one ride type into something else, especially as Intamin have no type to class this under, as it is half the size of a Mega-Lite. Nor will the track 'dispear' that was just made-up.^

I think this is real. If it had to be removed then there must be a reason the want no body to see it. It really sounds exciting, but most of it is marketing speak and hyping up. I can not see how they could limit the age of riders, you could easily blag your way in, same for more than one go. The age limit is a small possibilty, if this was trully too much, but they can not limit how much you can ride.

The piece has a lot of proffesional-style writing and vocab, and ticks all the boxes for these things. Things like "built by the world's best" "number one destination" are the kind of things PR should be saying. It also says it has been tested in Europe. Remember the 'delivery'? If it was tested, they would not want to disassemble it and rebuild it, as mistakes could be made. Would explain the wierd container. So far this looks well on schedule.

The ride is very short, but should deliver quite a blast. The hills are small and shallow but they are low. The first is half the lift and the second peaks at the bottom of the first drop. There will easily be some airtime there. There also looks to be some on the last tall corner's exit, and the s-bends at the end and between the tall turns should be fun. Obviously the inside section should be great, but lets not go into that just now. It looks great in my opinion. It won't be another Nemesis or Oblivion, but it could easily be the next best ride above Air and the back row of Rita.

Hopefully Dark Forset will be a proper area not just Ug Land with some trees in it. Rita does not need a re-paint, dark red could work in the new area, although a repaint would be great. The most important thing is building the new area and doing it 'properly'.

The next update hopefully will be on Christmas, a nice little present for us all! Here's to March!

Alton Towers have contacted me asking for it to be removed. I'm sure you'll all speculate on that.

Tbh, with any press release, although I'm not saying you shouldn't trust any other sources or members, but unless it's posted on CoasterForce by myself or another Admin, it's probably best to take it with a pinch of salt.

It is also unnecessary to post slagging off another website, something which I consider VERY childish.

In the meantime, I ask you to refrain discussing this so-called press release until one has been officially released.

I finally stuck this track into No Limits to see what it would be like. Like perfectly to plans. I stuck a 7 car train on and the G's stayed fine so that must be an exceptable length of train.

Then operated it at a total gravity run at the lift of 67ft. I got a mild floater over hills (MAX) like 4 times, hovering around 0.5G. Sometimes 0G. On the backwards section I struggle to get it up to the second switch. It crawls around. Suggests there should be something to get it running faster like a mild launch of atleased 20mph. What does the pace feel like? Slow. Very slow.

^I know I said that. But I was trying to work out what it was by the posts around it. Doesn't matter now anyway as I know.

I was joking, i was trying to say that of course you can't find out what it was here as all info about it was removed!

I find it pretty silly that we can't discuss the ride due to AT not wanting us to, especially if they're releasing a press release tomorrow anyway. It's not like it's a ground breaking ride of any kind at the end of the day it's still only an Intamin family coaster.

If they want to create fear and hype within the coaster enthusiast community then they are going the total wrong way about it Imo.

I have tried to get excited by this but Alton pretending it's the next best thing is starting to get annoying. When are we going to get our Nemesis beater Alton?! Cos this ain't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.