What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
rollermonkey said:
marc said:
I do not think Megalite trains will work on this type of coaster due to the tyres used on the lift hills. Yes they could probably be converted but I dont think they would bother.

Don't most tire lifts just pinch the brake fin?

Shouldn't be any conversion necessary other than removing the chain dog...

I dont know tbh, the tyre at the end of the megalite were different I think. I have not seen under a train so I dont know, I just did not think it would be as easy as you say to convert a train. You know a hell of a lot more than me though due to your experience.

I dont think this will get Megalite trains anyway, I think they will be the normal Mine Train ones with a different front etc.

As Jordan said the Mine Train was a good family coaster.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I pray it's not OTSRs... Because Intamin can't do them... Look at what's next door to it...

I would actually lose a lot of enthusiasm over this if OTSRs were on it...

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't reckon the drop inside will be too fast but I assume it will use some sort of effect with lighting or something to make it seem like you are dropping faster and further.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
UC said:
Don't most tire lifts just pinch the brake fin?

Train spine.

Really? I'd have thought the tires on rollerskaters / Tivolis were far too close together to grab the train spine.

I know B&M feedwheels do grab the train spine...

I need to look at some Intamin pics...

(It's not like they use tire lifts all that often.)

marc

CF Legend
The other problem the UK has is low cut trains. Collosos had them until some idiot stuck their leg out and caused Intamin to change the trains, they could bare this in mind when building these trains.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
marc said:
they could bare this in mind when building these trains.

I am sure they will. I can see many idiots sticking their legs out in the inside bit and getting their legs hurt by the drop bit. I see many saw like broken bones ^^

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I'm hoping for lap bars :). I've only experienced the maurer sohne ones (on G-Force) which I thought was brilliant but my brother found them to be painful :?. I don't really see any point for OSTRs on this coaster, unless they are looking to seriously lower the height restriction...
What are the Intamin lap bars like anyway? Any good?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The only Intamin with a tire lift I could find decent pictures of was Mine Train Ulven.

It sure looks like those wheels are too close for grabbing the train's spine...

:shrug:

O 2 the well. Not really important.

Martyn B

CF Legend
ToT's dont have OTSR, so this wouldn't need them, surely? But then Rita doesn't need them either...

On a differen't note, has anyone consider the backwards section to start with a launch? The backwards drop is pretty small from what I can remember, yet it has to drag itself around that 'large' helix, which will be inclined? Just a thought.

Darren

Roller Poster
This post has had to be deleted by strict order of alton towers. There is a massive press release tomorrow though!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Interesting! I think we can rule out a waiver and the once per day rule... and probably the age restriction too. But the phychoaster idea and name is real news.

spicy

Giga Poster
[edit] - Anthing relating to the "press release" has been removed, please see Ians post regarding this. Cheers - Mark [/edit]

Darren

Roller Poster
Just beware... Alton Towers have contacted TowersTimes in the last 30 minutes or so and asked them to remove it. It either means it's a load of crap or it is very accurate and they are near to releasing a press report. Could go either way...

spicy

Giga Poster
Id go with the accurate statement to be honest because if it was a load of crap they wouldn't care.

Bit like when the images of potential new areas were posted on the net then had to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.