What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The last set of banners did say world first, but the new ones and first ones didn't. Each set of banners seems to reveal different bits of the ride, so I don't think it's that they have stopped marketing it as one. The banners that said it were up all summer until a few weeks ago, when the park is busiest, so most people would have seen the world first banner.

I'd market it as "worlds first tower drop coaster" or "horizontally dropping coaster" or something along those lines. To really confuse people who have just been on Oblivion: "vertical drop coaster". Technically it will be.

Ollie

CF Legend
Some places they are still advertising a worlds first. To be honest they'll just probably leave it at that. People can easily guess what section the worlds first is so there's no need to think of a name and market that. Also that would give away what happens inside which is the whole reason they want people to come and ride it.
Also over the past couple of days I had a though (oh dear I hear you cry ;))...
When they say "Ride the DEMON of the DARK FOREST" could that be the full name rather than for the ride and area. ie. The new coaster is called "Demon of the Dark Forest". It's quite a long name and people would probably always refer to it as Demon but it's a possibility.

Lofty

CF Legend
I am now actualy really looking forward to this coaster, I do not care if it is the least forceful ride in the world, as long as I enjoy it, I'm happy!
Being there in person, it is actualy a lot bigger then on pictures, it also looks like they're working on that god awe-ful cattlepen at this moment in time too, lets just hope it turns out to be as good as its shaping up to be!

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Some places they are still advertising a worlds first. To be honest they'll just probably leave it at that. People can easily guess what section the worlds first is so there's no need to think of a name and market that. Also that would give away what happens inside which is the whole reason they want people to come and ride it.
When they say "Ride the DEMON of the DARK FOREST" could that be the full name rather than for the ride and area. ie. The new coaster is called "Demon of the Dark Forest". It's quite a long name and people would probably always refer to it as Demon but it's a possibility.

Which is what I said 50 pages ago :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
marc said:
Ollie said:

Which is what I said 50 pages ago :)

And either way, it's only one word longer than R:QOS.

Slash

Giga Poster
Neal said:
Oh dear. Enthusiastic enthusiasts, there's not many :roll:

Thats the exact words i think whenever i look in these forums! :lol:

Then again, mainly a british board and we're best at moaning.

tks

Strata Poster
jokerman said:
Just look through this topic, it's full of people moaning about people moaning. :--D

I'm going to have a moan about you pointing out the fact that this topic is full of people moaning about people moaning in this topic.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I knew someone would say that.

Just to make this a worthwhile post, I think that they don't want to give away the inside, so won't name the world's first element, which will of course be pointless because everyone else coming off the ridde will be talking about it, and people will just tell their mates about what happens.

tks

Strata Poster
Word of mouth advertising is much more powerful than people imagine. Someone can mention something on facebook / twitter and it can explode into a worldwide phenomenon. I also suspect they're doing this to just piss off nosey enthusiasts who can't wait a few months without getting their knickers in a twist.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's okay! I got a picture!

steptacular.jpg

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
GAH! This ride is way too scary for me now! :S I think they are taking this horror thing way too seriously now steps are on the lift! ^^ Anyway back on topic have they acctualy started the building other than the frame yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.