What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicy

Giga Poster
The best place to get pictures would be if you walk from the AT hotel through to FV on the woodland walk, about half way between FV and the AT hotel on the woodland walk you can actually walk down one side of the valley and up the other and at the top is SW6. Depends if you can be bothered as its quite a walk.

davidm

Strata Poster
Somewhat OT, but....

Blaze said:
P.S. How do you put Flickr images on here?

Slash said:
^^ You put around it.

Actually thats not quite right, the Flickr link Blaze posted is to a webpage, not an image....

Blaze - what you need to do is find the Flickr image farm reference for your image - how you do that is go to the "All Sizes" link in the Flickr photo page, then select the size image you want to post (I think the default one it goes to is a large image, I always post the medium)...

Below the image (but ONLY on YOUR images) will be a "To link to this photo on other websites you can either:" section with 2 options;

You can just grab the URL in the second option, enclose that URL in the tags like Slash suggests and post that.....

But Flickr prefer you to use the first option - unfortunately that is HTML code and not BBcode, so you can grab that text from the first option and then run it through something like this;

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/

to reformat it into something that CF will cope with!

Phew!

(but you get used to it - I extract all the URLs into textpad as a list then run the whole list through the converter to get the code in one hit).

tks

Strata Poster
Basically if you want to

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thats by the entrance, I think thats maybe where they are putting the Corkscrews?

Where did you get the pictures from?

That Altonator guy from TT. And say WHAT about Corkscrews?

The best place to get pictures would be if you walk from the AT hotel through to FV on the woodland walk, about half way between FV and the AT hotel on the woodland walk you can actually walk down one side of the valley and up the other and at the top is SW6. Depends if you can be bothered as its quite a walk.

Didn't some guy post in here a while back saying there's any easy way to get to the forest are in Ug-Land?

There must be some route from the top of the valley Ug-Land side? There's a few random paths around there?

jokerman

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
Thats by the entrance, I think thats maybe where they are putting the Corkscrews?

I think it was in refernce to the old corkscrews form Corkscrew that were saved as a memorial type thing to be displayed.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
They are supposed to be putting them somewhere, although I don't think it is by SW6.

From TT:
4080721746_52d04e0801_b.jpg

From me:
4069809278_c5bd8ca114_b.jpg

4069049929_240b10fe44_b.jpg

4069047217_492a57efd7_b.jpg

4069046037_37825770fb_b.jpg

As I said, quality not good, bad light, bad settings, point and click and so on...

Building looks half as big in pictures as it really is, but the pictures seem to make the drop look better somehow?

spicy

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
Martyn B said:

I think it was in refernce to the old corkscrews form Corkscrew that were saved as a memorial type thing to be displayed.

Yeah I meant that, they have kept the corkscrews to put them on display somewhere in the future, I thought that may have been where they were going but obviously not :(

Shame as that would have been a good place for them by the entrance.

Rach

Giga Poster
Probably one of the last sets of pictures that will appear for this before February of next year.

I have to say, I'm VERY impressed, this looks loads better than what I first imagined it to be.

Facebook makes these photos look ****e

13634_1248297964239_1133143676_775991_8335897_n.jpg

13634_1248298364249_1133143676_776001_4942902_n.jpg

13634_1248298444251_1133143676_776003_2103609_n.jpg

13634_1248298564254_1133143676_776006_3886827_n.jpg

13634_1248298724258_1133143676_776010_7891932_n.jpg

It seems from this photo and trying to get as good a look as possible that the train is going to enter at the top of the picture (look for white bag near the top right of the photo), something will happen to get the train down to where the piece of track suddenly drops (world first I'm guessing) and then return to the station after completing the rest of the outside bit.

I don't know how correct that is or whether it has already been posted, I'm not keeping track of this topic, I lost interest quite some time ago.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Amazing pictures there, station looks superb, and it's not even built yet, and unless someone goes through the woods, the last pictures we will see until spring.

And your right about the track. It should drop like a tower ride but there is still a tiny possibility it could tilt or do something completely different...

Heres to 4 months of waiting...

Rita is getting a retheme-when you can get every bit of merchandise for £1 and a member of TT said an elmployee told them that their new Rita pen will "be worth a bit soon." it is pretty obvious it will change in some way.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Went today, looks pretty impressive. Couldn't get a view from up by burger king though cos that area was closed. The end of the building was being clad in what looked like plywood, didn't look permanent by any means though, but the sides weren't covered up, so I'm not sure what the purpose of this is, as obviously the park is closed now.. unless they're literally just doing it for shelter for the builders.

Got a bit of video footage of it which I'll bung into my video trip report when I work out iMovie (just got a mac!)

Brookes

Giga Poster
After seeing more of the layout today I am even more excited about this. After the turn after the drop the hill is so small for the speed it will have it will fly over it with some good airtime. :)

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Don't shoot me for this, but something else has got on the rumour train, Spinball re-theme or rename.

With Rita merch being moved down to £1 chances are it is definatly being re themed, but how about this. Spinball merch being mvoed down to... 50p!!!

And with Alton celebrating 30 years, and Spinball being on the 10 year development plan, there might be a chance.

SW6 looking immense.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^There's Spinball merch?

Heard that rumour as well but dunno if anything will happen because of SW6 and Rita being the main focus of 2010...

Jools

Giga Poster
Omg, remember that rumour about an enclosed Spinner, assumed to be in the Black Hole tent, then someone said they would put 2 spinners in a apark, well prehaps that was to do with that?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Isn't that yellow spinball splodge where it is at the moment?

The new entrance through the forbidden valley looks like a good idea, but would ruin the suspensful walk/monorail journey to the entrance!

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Are they planning on keeping the current entrance, or closing it when they build the one in Forbidden Valley?
Everyone's saying how the pictures don't do SW6 any justice and I'm quite annoyed that I can't go and see it until next year :(. Really looking forward to the finished piece, though :--D

Status
Not open for further replies.