What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerman

Giga Poster
But in fairness, Kebab's post did not sound sarcastic.

This is why topics like this get rididculously long, misunderstandings like this.

I can't believe I just stood up for Blaze.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Topics like this get long because of pointless posts, of which Blaze has been a big contributor, telling us that it will not be Twilight when we all knew this and it was only mentioned first as a joke...

Guess this is the problem with secretive construction, we end up talking bollocks for most of the time...

Either that or an ignore list on this forum could help topics like this dramatically :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
tks said:
Well that was a bit twatty of you Dave. It's called discussion. No-ones trying to have a final say in anything..

Hmmm. Be that as it may, it is still the sort of thing that I usually see you inclined to type ;)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
This topics so hostile! Jeez people take a chill pill!!!!!!

Mit's post was sarcastic, kebab didn't pick up on the sarcasm, Blaze explained it was sarcastic.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU N:I, get a grip, jeez, stop lashing out at people.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
How am I lashing out? Since you decided to single me out, especially in comparison to Dave's post on the last page...

Blaze didn't exactly explain that it was sarcasm did he? He just explained about Twilight being the sponsor of Scarefest, but it sounded like he didn't pick up that Mit was being sarcastic...

People are hostile sometimes because of other posters being stupid and either pointing out the obvious or continuously repeating stuff that was said a page or so ago in their every post... Sometimes people should think before they post, because of situations like this...

We need an update to put this to bed, so I'll plonk up the photos I took the other day...

8719_297514250219_558160219_9340896_6154671_n.jpg

8719_297514275219_558160219_9340897_5773491_n.jpg

8719_297514290219_558160219_9340898_292900_n.jpg

8719_297514295219_558160219_9340899_1063199_n.jpg

8719_297567135219_558160219_9341513_4153386_n.jpg

8719_297557645219_558160219_9341449_3796769_n.jpg

Blaze

Hyper Poster
No it's not.

It's clearly a new type of B&M!

In serious-speak, the indoor section is having work begun. Aparently there is some v-shaped thing at the top and bottom, which is apparently to line up the track when it goes up and down. The only problem is in the pictures on TT, you can't actually see it! They have also started on the station part of the building, and the shell is looking pretty finished. There is only two weeks before the end of the year, so I don't expect that much more to happen until then, unless Rita is not open for Adrenaline Week. Someone know if it is?

Slash

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
No it's not.

It's clearly a new type of B&M!

Can we please have a rule stating these sorts of "jokes" can't be progressed because they really are not funny.

I'm not just having a go at you Blaze but all the other people that do it to.

The only time they are funny are normally when they are picture related like Benin's and then its very rare.

I'm actually loving the look of the coaster and what's up with the sign in front of the construction site saying "Surrender". Is it just a theme aspect or a name or what?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Ah, it isn't hurting anyone, as long as who ever says something like it makes a usefull comment in the post it's alright as far as I can see.

Although it is not funny anymore.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
lol I love how most of this topic is made up of people complaining about the topic, oh the irony.

Infact, that makes this post rather ironic, vicious circles innit.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I think people really need to chill out. I don't understand all the petty arguing, no-ones e-penis will get any bigger!

Anyway, I think this is looking really good, the lift hill looks bigger than I expected, and I hear the pictures do not do the forest section justice. I hope I can get a trip to Alton next year. I haven't been for a while anyway.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Someone over on TTF said what if the train leaves the station backwards? highly doubt it... but possible. However, the problem is with that then it The switch area inside would be boring and expected really, Where as if you see it go round the circuit and come back into the station, then the switchback area and the the backwards helix will be a surprise and eventful.

If that made sense.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It's possible, but probably won't. It will ruin the surprise of going backwards, it probably wouldn't be comfortable and the forwards section would be boring and pointless, and the blast throught the woods would not be as effective.

It is possible, but highly unlikely I'm afraid.

Slash

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
It's possible, but probably won't. It will ruin the surprise of going backwards, it probably wouldn't be comfortable and the forwards section would be boring and pointless, and the blast throught the woods would not be as effective.

It is possible, but highly unlikely I'm afraid.

This is correct.

It's an idea thats just pointless to be honest. It wouldn't work well, the concept would be undesirable and the whole worlds first aspect would be ruined. I think its more unwantable than unfeasible.

Martyn B

CF Legend
8719_297514290219_558160219

To me, the lift in that pic looks absolutely mahoosive!

One quick question, have they taken all the 'worlds first' banners down?

Martyn B

CF Legend
8719_297514290219_558160219_9340898_292900_n.jpg

Ta da!

I wonder if they've stopped marketing it as a worlds first coaster? Could possibly be due to them not being able to come up with a name for the feature?

My money would be on it being a Tower of Terror style ups and downs, that hasn't been done before, has it? And how would you name that?

"The worlds first horizontally dropping coaster...!"

Swat

Hyper Poster
If there was something 'World first' It would be on all the banners and made to stand out it would draw more attention. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.