What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
spicy said:
Why do people think that was an official video? I was under the impression that Myk filmed that himself?

If it was an official video then it was even ten times worst then the Thorpe efforts for Saw and Alton are definately losing there way.

That's what I thought, considering what has been seen by people off Towerstimes...

Joey the entrance is indeed in Ug Land, but my comment was more a wish than actual likeliness... It also seems to have a queue similar to Rita's, which is not good times indeed...

Alton will obviously see Rita as a good thing overall, as the public see it as the best ride as the park because of the launch, so it would be doubtful for them to remove it, a shame as a lot more could be done if they did, launch into the forest? Yes please... Although would only be good with lap bars...

'Dark Forest' in my opinion would be more akin to the Towers more than some Gloomy Wood style stuff, hence the theming we've seen on the plans and what-not...

How would Rita fit in? A lot of work would be needed, with the cars (repaint?) and the building (repaint/retheme?) and generally the entire area...

Thinking about it in my ideal world, the entrance to the area would be moved to UG Swinger's old area instead, with the pathway going behind the row of current buildings which could also be linked to the fake Towers extension a la Hex... Hence ending up within Rita's turns... Could work...

Maybe I'll do my own mock-up, but again, I don't think much with budgets for theming :lol:

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Other than Lord of the rings, is there another film series with wraiths and forests? At the back of my mind, I'm absolutely positive there is one, and can't help but think that like saw, Merlin may be going down a more obvious path than we expect, with something that already has a heritage to it...

jokerman

Giga Poster
The towers have a perfectly good heritage themselves. Look how popular Hex is, based on the towers. They don't need to find something with a heritage, when they are the perfect heritage.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I like the idea that was mentioned about having a wall from the Towers stretching over to Ug-Land, blocking out Burger King, Willy and CCL.

Re-themeing Ug-Land by merging it with the Towers makes most sense to me.

I have faith with Alton that they will do this properly. Is all the Rita merchandise still going cheap?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Yes it is, exactly the way in which the Beanoland merch was on sale for most of this year...

Won't make the ride good though a retheme :lol:

tks

Strata Poster
It will still help the area mesh together though. Ugland lost all charm went Rita was shoe-horned in. The silly racing theme needs to go and be replaced with just a generic scary atmosphere.

Jools

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Yes it is, exactly the way in which the Beanoland merch was on sale for most of this year...

But it pretty much confirms Rita will be having a retheme/rename though, as if they left it the same then there would be no point in selling the merchandise off in a sale.

Dave

CF Legend
**** sake we know Rita is going to change, can everyone stop trying to have the final say, dosen't make your dick any bigger.

tks

Strata Poster
Well that was a bit twatty of you Dave. It's called discussion. No-ones trying to have a final say in anything..

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Jools said:
Nemesis Inferno said:

But it pretty much confirms Rita will be having a retheme/rename though, as if they left it the same then there would be no point in selling the merchandise off in a sale.

Really? I didn't know that? Where did I say that Rita wouldn't be having a retheme? I just said a retheme wouldn't make the ride any better... :roll:

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
DSC02239.jpg

Lol.....Look right underneath the poster, it's a TWILIGHT poster! dum dum duuuuuuum

bob_3_

Giga Poster
OK, no1 can complain about this one. Every single year I've heard people saying there should be "construction theming", ei Nemesis and Oblivion. Here's some now! whoop!

Kebab

Giga Poster
So it's another franchise-based rollercoaster.. I'm going to sit in a corner and cry :(

Saw wasn't too bad, it did manage to pull it off to an extent; I'm sure "Twilight: The Ride" will do it fine too. I've never seen any of the Twilight series; if you have can you see obvious relevance?

I'm not sure what I'm on about; I haven't been keeping up with the topic for a while :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It's not Twilight.

Twilight is sponsoring Scarefest.

Twilight is about vampires, not Wriaths and Dark Forests.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Kebab said:
So it's another franchise-based rollercoaster.. I'm going to sit in a corner and cry :(

Saw wasn't too bad, it did manage to pull it off to an extent; I'm sure "Twilight: The Ride" will do it fine too. I've never seen any of the Twilight series; if you have can you see obvious relevance?

I'm not sure what I'm on about; I haven't been keeping up with the topic for a while :lol:

Certainly not everyone knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.