What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Why be a dickhead Ollie? He's saying that because he can't view them and wants to see them, how is that anything like a rant?

corkscrew

Roller Poster
SW6

I thought the replacement for corkscrew was going to tie in with the hole ug land theme not scary creepy castle theme i think it will spoil ug land as we know it, as for the design i dont think its up to much :(

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Everything is wrong about UGland, and it's quite bizarre that the only coaster in UGland isn't themed to anything related.

Most guests don't even realise UGland is a themed area.

Million Dollar

Roller Poster
What's everyones views on the 2nd switch track just before going to the station?? Surely after all the magic of what happens in the building, it may seem a bit dull just to stop the train and then send it on its way again??

Do you think something may happen (storyline wise) that makes the train stop and the head off forwards again?? I gather this switchback it flat and above ground??

Ollie

CF Legend
I wonder if they've thought about what guests can see when they enter the area. Of course Rita will be there right in the way but the new coaster will seem tucked behind it all and in the trees. I wonder how high the station building will be as well. If it's as big as Saw's station then It'll be quite impressive but if it's just a tiny thing then even if it's well themed it may not have that wow factor.
I'm still looking forward to what they do with it.
Do you think the lift hill will be one of the later things to be put up?

marc

CF Legend
I hope with the switchbacks they do theme them or something or it will end up like Saw when you are waiting for the lift.

Every other coaster I have been on with a switchback does something whilst you wait.

marc

CF Legend
From what we understand the area is getting a re theme anyway.

Ugland will be gone :) I for one am very happy.

Thunder Rock theme was ruined the day Rita went in, it was a bad theme anyway and not well done.

I hope them move the food places away from Rita as the smell always makes me feel sick.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah you can't exactly ruin Thunder Rock valley :lol:

Nice to see some construction and I think the Station could be even bigger than Saw's if it has to hold all that track plus the switchbacks etc.

Those supports look really tall in those pictures although its quite hard to get a sense of scale.

I was sort of hoping for some sort of advertising by now like Thorpe did for Saw, like when they released a Youtube vid (albeit a bad one) on the 13th of every month just to wet your appetite for the ride.

Maybe they will soon to give us some sort of idea of the story behind the ride.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well by looking at this picture:

3979684310_71d4db8cff.jpg

It pretty much confirms it wont be a tilt. I get the feeling it will be Tower of Terror stylie ups and downs, with a nice story and cinematic style films, you then expect the ride to be over (there may even be an image of the unloading station infront), but then you slowly crawl backwards and down that drop!

nealbie

CF Legend
Hmmmm, I'm starting to think the park has downplayed this coaster on purpose to reduce the expectations..... Or not :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
No, that proves it is a drop, as it has a flat entry. No point tilting, leveling out and dropping again.

PMBO, the plans HAVE to be exact to the real thing.

Ugland/Thunder Rock Rallt was awfull anyway, a retheme will be just what the doctor ordered. Even if it doesn't happen, it can't make it any worse.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
^ I think you missed my # :(
I am also glad that UG Land is going. I think Alton needs a dark themed area with rollercoasters (as apposed to Gloomy Wood). Looking at how well Merlin have pulled off other rides (Saw, Battle Galleons ect) this should hold a good theme :)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Even if it was only the building, I'd be happy. It looks amazing and the blast through the woods will be great without themeing. Hopefully the straight track before the building won't be a lift. Hopefully it will have enough momentum anyway. It doesn't look like it has space for wheels and the evidence of the shallow, wide lift hill already suggested this months ago.

Can't believe this only went vertical 6 days ago. Progress has been Usain Bolt-fast.
Great attention to detail to start on the day they announced Corkscrew going. I bet the track is finished on the 9th of November to tie in with it's last day.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Some said about it having a tyre driven bit up to the building, well if you look at this picture from the link that Ollie posted: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35124637@N ... 387338979/. If you look at the piece resting with the tyres, from what I saw on Saturday, that piece goes down then up, with the tyres on what I assume is going up, so maybe that could have something to do with it? Or could be for something else?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I expect that would be bottom of the lift, as it is going up. If it was for getting to the top floor, wouldn't it the apex be higher than the ends? I don't think that matches the way it leaves the woods to the building, and if it did, I doub't the tires would be at the bottom. It could be the kick from the drop section to get it moving backwards?

Brookes

Giga Poster
^It can't be for the lift because it goes down then up with the tyres and it doesn't go down at the start of the lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.