What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/pfleety/DSC01407.jpg
Picture: pfleety @ TowersTimes

The height between the top track and bottom track is actually quite a bit bigger than i was expecting :O

I'm unsure exactly where that massive hole was, but perhaps the track tilts forwards and makes it seem as if the train will roll off the track into the 'bottomless pit'. But then the back of the track lowers down to the same height and rolls us away backwards.

The drop from the station looks quite cute too... hopefully the lift will keep up the momentum like on Spinball.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^ Thats the bit comming back from the woods.

I think the small track gage makes it look a hell of a lot taller than it actually is... Or is that just me?

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
I think it's just you :p

Although looking at it, I see what you mean, looks to be a similar height to the Saw station

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Wow... I didn't realise the backward drop/tilt would be that tall. But then I'm not a very good judge of distance and time :lol:. Looking good so far :).

marc

CF Legend
If that is the highet the tilt will be (if its a tilt) its not that high really.

You think of the train (if its a 7 car train), then its not that high.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Is that top bit the highest point of the ride?
No, that bit of track is the top of the second lift. The first lift is a bit over twice as high as that bit.

Edit: Whoops, that's what I get for not noticing the next page of replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
This ride is looking more and more fantastic. Yay for Alton's ridiculous restrictions! It means imaginative and amusing concepts of which I approve. :)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
marc said:
If that is the highet the tilt will be (if its a tilt) its not that high really.

You think of the train (if its a 7 car train), then its not that high.

It is 99% a drop track, it is next to confirmed.

The track returning from the woods is very high, and it does not seem to have anything to pull it up, so the lift hill is going to have to be pretty fast, not just because of how shallow and wide the drop is.

I wouldn't have Alton any other way. It's far too easy to build simple, tall, ordinary coasters, but Alton are forced to take alternative routes, and as Neal said, creates some fantastic concepts. Look at Thorpe's Invert. It is one of the most unique yet it still has the twistting drop followed by a loop and zero-g. Compare that to the original Nemesis, and you can see just how fantastic the restrictions actualy are!

Brookes

Giga Poster
I have seen it since that piece of track to go into the building has been up and it does look fair high, higher than I expected anyway. The lift hill must go higher than I first thought aswell to have the momentum to get back up there, the backwards drop tilt thing will be pretty big.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I have a feeling the part before the animation will be a second lift hill. Its straight. And fairly high compared to the main lift.

Only just noticed, the second switch-track is flat to the ground... So, I guess there must be some sort of launch to get it going. Would be nice. Making it the first to combine a lift, launch and backward sections? Maybe? That way the inside stays secret.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Probably not a launch, just a push.

I don't think it will be have a second lift, the track does not look like it has space for wheels. I expect the lift to be shifty. Look at the shape of it. Very shallow and wide at the top. This suggests it will be fast.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I don't really see how the long straight could be a second lift, it's only a few seconds after the first one! That would be a momentum killer. Maybe straight into a tire-driven launch without stopping? Or maybe the track could be straight because there was a straight gap in the trees?

andrus

Giga Poster
Two consecutive lift hills doesn't sound to efficient to me! Although it could be "the worlds first two lift hills in a row" roller coaster :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
This is what I was on about:

wheels.png

What do you lot think?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
If theres ever an update on Tower Times can people please not post a link and repost the actual pictures. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.