What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
I just looked at the Atlon Towers site and there was nothing there. But they have been right about everything else so far.

I do hope that is not the name though.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, not a bad name, if it is that, but it's not that great. Maybe it will grow on us? Ha, better than Stealth :p

I agree with Marc about the stop start thing. It can be really annoying when that happens but sometimes it works to the coasters advantage, this is going to be one of those 'wait and see' things.

spicy

Giga Poster
The Demon of the Dark Forest, that name is too long. They should just called it Demon.

I guess SW6 is going to be Demon of the Dark Forest and Rita Sprit of the forest. Quite a weak theme to be honest, although we shall see.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I like the 'dark forest' name, but not 'Surrender' :(.

Yeah the name Surrender suits a flat ride more I feel like Submission. But I like Demon of the Dark Forest and it will be interesting to see if Rita does now get the re-theme as they did predict Dark Forest would be incorporated into the name.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Surrender isn't probably a part of the name, its just a part of the slogan to do with the opening date.

Could be a dual loading station? or transfer track.

That would most probably be a transfer track, no point having a dual loading station on a coaster with only 2 trains. Hopefully that was a much more repspectable answer to your question which doesn't make me out to be a know all.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The name hasn't been revealed yet.
The ride is "The Demon of the Dark Forest", in the same way Rita is "The Queen of Speed".
you are being asked to surrender in March 2010 to a ride on the demon, whatever it's name is.

I've been looking at baby names for Demons and I like either Baal or Abaddon personally ;)

Jools

Giga Poster
They can do alot with that theme, a new water ride such as Valhalla would be good for say 2011, even if a little ambitious. Anyway.
Perhaps that slogan is referring to the new name area "Dark Forest", maybe?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Furie is right, people have misread this. The coaster will be the Demon of the Dark Forest, but that won't be the coaster name.

Rach

Giga Poster
Some artwork has appeared on the website!

http://www.altontowers.com/2010/

sw6.png

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ooh. I guess that Ug Land will be rethemed to 'The Dark Forest' then. Somehow, I think Rita will defiantly need a retheme as racing car drivers do not race through forests...

nealbie

CF Legend
So it's almost certainly going to be werewolf themed!

Perhaps the world's first element gives the impression of the transformation?

nealbie

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
Somehow, I think Rita will defiantly need a retheme as racing car drivers do not race through forests...

Yes it needs a retheme, although not for that reason.....

rally1.jpg

eagle-weslake_belgium-gp6-67.jpg

;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think maybe Demon based to be honest Neal :p

It may just be the font, but the O is underlined all the way through.

That's a Hebrew vowel Patach. This ties in with my gut feeling that they're going old testament on us and giving us a good old Jewish Demon (like Abaddon) :)

Will scare the willies off anyone religious :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thats some real good artwork, apart from that horrific hand sticking out! I guess the station building will look very similar to the towers, which would be nice. That area is right next to the towers, so a land themed like that would fit in very well.

Also I suppose the Sky ride station will probably recieve some kind of theme to fit in.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thats some real good artwork, apart from that horrific hand sticking out! I guess the station building will look very similar to the towers, which would be nice. That area is right next to the towers, so a land themed like that would fit in very well.

Also I suppose the Sky ride station will probably recieve some kind of theme to fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.