What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Whilst it would be interesting giving a new name and theme to Rita, to me, she will always be Rita!

It'll give us something to moan about too.

marc

CF Legend
^It will be like the Six Flags thing where the re themed and named their coasters, people still call them the old name.

But sometimes I think the public get fooled and they will think its 2 new coasters.

A

Anonymous

^
Oh believe you me...they're all ladies...

Has anyone worked on rides?

...they know.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Blaze said:
Rita does not feature on multi-ride merchandise and what merchandise there is is very cheap. Considering how the used to over-sell the ride, this can only point to a retheme.

Well all Rita merchandise was on a massive sale last time I visited.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ What has that got to do with SW6?

Can we please stp spamming about Rita's retheme or the sex of coasters? Set up other topics if you want to discuss these matters.

Leave this topic for SW6. I hate having to sift through pages of turd just to find some new information..something which there is nothing of for a few pages now.

Fanx.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Agreed, but I say Oblivion is 'male' and Nemesis is 'female'. Rita is Caster Semenya/Larry Gaga.

Anyway, there are lots of machanical parts being delivered now, compressors, rotorary screws and so on.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Did you just ignore what I posted above or are you just an idiot?

Seriously, the Saw topic was HORRIBLE and I don't want to endure such a spamfest again. If you have no decent comment to make about the progress of SW6 then please post in another topic - there are plenty of them.

Can we now leave this spam free so those who wish to find out about the new coaster can so.

I hate having to moderate in public, makes me sound like a git, so please stay on topic or I'll be wearing the ban button.

Thank you.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
It would be interesting if somebody could provide pictures when they are next at Towers. You'd think track would be distributed thick & fast after the first load.

Ollie

CF Legend
For those wondering what's going on behind the trees here's some photos that someone's posted on Towerstimes. Sorry if it's already been posted.

barryzola said:
Hey guys. I'm not actually a big coaster nerd so i don't know if any of these pics will mean anything to you. What i am though is someone who knows all of the Alton Towers grounds very very well, and also which trails lead you to where.

I don't know if anyone's shared any of these pics from this location before but i can guaranteee i have not crossed any barriers or no entry signs to get to where i took these pics from. I did have to stand on a couple of logs that were helpfully positioned though smile.gif

These pics show what it looks like from Abbey Wood facing towards Rita -

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

Don't know if that lot means anything to you but there u go. Feel free to use them for TT if you want. If anyone's gonna share them about though just make sure you credit me and make sure people know i did not cross any no entry signs.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Well from those pictures alone, I'm excited!

Look at that view, it's gonna be amazing to be rushing through the forest like that, like the ultimate, but hopefully less painful!

A

Anonymous

Lucky me, all I see is a big blank space. lol
I did pop along to TT to see their thread, and I have to say, this is getting me all excited.

andrus

Giga Poster
What do we see in the pictures? Looks like footers to an unexperienced person like me.. But they seem to be put a little bit to close to each others to be footers right?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
andrus said:
What do we see in the pictures? Looks like footers to an unexperienced person like me.. But they seem to be put a little bit to close to each others to be footers right?

I thought this too.

You can see Rita in the picture, and quite a long way away too. There might be lots of footers as this is the point where the train turns around and heads back (i can't remember the exact design).

Status
Not open for further replies.