What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
^^ I'm not so sure Marc. I think that because of the overall theme that the artwork suggests, only the building and entrance area need to be themed.

As the rest of the coaster will be running through the woods; all that may possibly be needed is a spooky tunnel with a head chopper perhaps. It works for The Dragon at Legoland, a coaster that we are both rather fond of for it's theming.

Also, being a family coaster, it would be a lot easier for Alton to get the balance right than it was for Thorpe with Saw. Where everyone was always going to want more from the coaster than the theming. Whereas with small(ish) coasters like SW6 they are seen more as an extension to the theme.

I really like the look of it though and have more faith in this being pulled off than I did Saw because of the location. Let's face it, they've got a much better base to work from with the grounds of Alton as opposed to the concrete slab of Thorpe :wink:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
In regards to Alton's thrill rides being old, they're still good though, that's the thing, they've mostly kept very very well (although Nemesis is bending in some positions much more noticeably this year) and Air was running very well the other week when I went...

What Alton need after this ride before another coaster is some flats, which could easily fill the thrills section for a short time before another coaster, but of course we cannot tell what will happen in the future...

All I want from this is the good theming in the station/queue and just a fun and re-rideable ride, not the new Nemesis or Oblivion, that can be in a few more years...

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
marc said:
I used to go every year with family and then when I could drive from the age of 12 to 30.
You could drive from the age of 12? :shock:

I used to go with family before I could drive, then when I could drive I went with mates.

As I said I was being selfish and I want a coaster to beat the others, thats my view on it.

If going through the woods is part of the story of the ride then thats cool, but I dont count it as theming. Again its my view, BTM now thats theming :)

As I have said before I am fussy when it comes to theming and I dont count stations as a themed ride. I dont even count DD as a themed ride.

I agree about the flat rides, I dont go on any at Alton as they are rubbish.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I wouldn't have thought they've bought new trains for Rita, that would be a waste really, they are only 4 years old. Trains do cost alot of money, ask the Thorpe fanboys that say Stealth's trains cost £4m each.... :roll:

Ben

CF Legend
Kebab said:
I don't see why they need to re-theme Rita? After all they could easily get away with a castle there as part of "Thunder Rock Rally/ Valley", think about the name here. "Thunder" represents horror in a portion, so if the exterior can somehow fit in with Rita's racing theme slightly; I can't see a re-theme for Rita.

I know "I heard it from a staff member" is the worst way to try and get someone to believe it, but, all the staff have been told Rita IS getting a re-theme and she IS getting a new name.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Would a Rita retheme take much anyway? Take away the Flinstones patterned panels on the stairs and the oversized PA speakers and the giant tyre and You're 90% of the way there.

tks

Strata Poster
Me and Vadge also got told by someone in the Rita shop that the whole area is going for a retheme. It makes sense seeing as ALL Rita merchandise is going dirt cheap.

If they wanted to replace Ritas trains all they have to do is chage the fiberglass panelling. Not exactly hard. Or even just paint over it probably..

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Rita does not feature on multi-ride merchandise and what merchandise there is is very cheap. Considering how the used to over-sell the ride, this can only point to a retheme.

Jools

Giga Poster
bob_3_ said:
SchumacherFerrari said:
Ben said:
All coasters, like boats, are "she"s :p

Coasters, like boats, are pieces of engineering and as such should not be personified. ;)

Nah, they're shes.

They are different genders!
Alton Towers she's and hes:
Shes:
Oblivion and Air

Hes:
Nemesis

Hermaphrodite:
Spinball Whizzer

Tranny:
Rita

But that's just my opinion :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rita is good, I am intrested to see how they re-theme it. They'll probably just 'horrify' the existing cars and station, which along with a re-brand could still end up costing a pretty penny.
I want to see how they do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.