Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
So much fail, so little content.

The Grape Wizard said:
B&M might be a possibilty. The plans might be meant to be mislead.

Yes, the plans may be designed to mislead - which will mean Alton being taken to court and ordered to remove everything they have built! Excellent plan there, I'm sure Alton think they can get away with it though - they're well out of the public eye and nobody has around them has ever issued any kind of complaint against them :roll:

The Grape Wizard said:
Look at Shockwave at Drayton, it is made by intamin but looks like B&M track, this could be the opposite, looks like intamin, but is a B&M. I personally dont think it's a B&M at all.

I'm looking and... I'm reading up about it...

Before making a statement (sorry, but by ignoring my previous post you've got me on a soap box) which makes you look foolish, learn something.

B&M worked on Shockwave and developed the "box section track" for Intamin. The track was not manufactured by Intamin. This is why it looks nothing like Intamin track, but a lot like B&M - because it kind of is. they needed track that would match their design, and B&M came up with the box section.

Things aren't the same any more. manufacturers are much more settled, and have their own fabrication plants (though I think some do share), but essentially, nobody is re-inventing the wheel and developing "new" bi-rail. Certainly not B&M. They are the Aston Martin of the coaster world. Why would they suddenly start producing cars that try to compete with Fiestas, Corsas and the like? It's an already crowded market, and would cost them much more in development to produce than they could possibly ever rake back in producing "low budget coasters".

The Grape Wizard said:
Alton are thinking of opening all year round, so they could open the coaster on the corkie site (dont like saying SW6) then open the not very likely intamin around scarfest time.

As you know, the all year opening is more than likely just going to consist of small areas of the park. It's unlikely to happen this year, or maybe even next.

Having done Alton in the winter a few years on the trot, it's too cold to do anything there for longer than maybe an hour - unless you have a Sea Life centre, and maybe some other indoor attractions. At the moment though (and a new coaster in the looking very broken Black Hole tent) just won't cut it. There's not enough indoor stuff for a family to shelter out of the cold. I imagine it will be more rides up at the hotel, and a monorail to the Sea Life. Seriously, 365 opening at Alton just isn't a goer until they have a lot more in the way of good shelter.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
B&M might be a possibilty. The plans might be meant to be mislead.

Look at Shockwave at Drayton, it is made by intamin but looks like B&M track, this could be the opposite, looks like intamin, but is a B&M. I personally dont think it's a B&M at all.

2 coasters in one year could be a bad move, as it would take all the attention off them both.

Shockwave has box-spine because all Intamin Stand-up models use it, because the founders of B&M worked on them, aswell as some other Intamins, such as Flashback.

B&M on the other hand, use only box-spine track and four across seating. This ride will have neither, and if it did have B&M track, it would be illegal and the park would get into trouble for it and have to tear it down and start at the begining again.

Ollie

CF Legend
Best fan made trailer for a ride. EVER!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpwO_njKWmI&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That is actually really awesome Ollie. I'd say it's a good kind of "teaser" too, if you like.

Jools

Giga Poster
According to Shawn Sanbrooke, don't know how reliable he is, but inside the building, the train will be split into 2 then fall, then come back to gether in the station, I should imagine whilst one train fell the other one would wait

Dave

CF Legend
Why does everyone keep referring to this ride as SW6?

I thought it dosen't exsist anymore and was refered to as '2010 Coaster'?

As i got -3 on YouTube for my comment about that, lol.

Ben

CF Legend
Jools said:
According to Shawn Sanbrooke, don't know how reliable he is, but inside the building, the train will be split into 2 then fall, then come back to gether in the station, I should imagine whilst one train fell the other one would wait

LOL

That's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Jools

Giga Poster
I thought so, there's is something about Shawn which I don't trust, SanbrookeProductions Secret Weapon 6 Epsode 4 I think it is where he says that.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol Shawn Sanbrooke is a sad fanboy who needs a girlfriend. He's just some excited school kid who thinks everyone knows him. His last thing was that it would be a B&M and it's from a very reliable source, and then he said that even he didn't know who it was. :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Lol Shawn Sanbrooke is a sad fanboy who needs a girlfriend. He's just some excited school kid who thinks everyone knows him. His last thing was that it would be a B&M and it's from a very reliable source, and then he said that even he didn't know who it was. :lol:

I can remember someone else like this a few months back :) Not as bad though lol

Ollie

CF Legend
I was excited about the project, I never went saying all these wild things were going to happen and then saying the source is unknown. And I never said Saw was going to be B&M either. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I do remember "It's going to be fantastic, I can't tell you what I know or how I know it, but you're all going to be surprised by it"

Or words to that effect ;)

Oh, and don't make me dig the actual source out (I will, you know it). It just makes me grumpy! :p

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:

Shawn has a girlfriend last I knew (Sadie). It dose look like it maybe a really good adition.

marc

CF Legend
Ollie sorry you are right you never said it was going to be a B&M.

Anyway better get back on topic.

With what I dont know as there is just simply no real news on this coaster.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Jools said:

Ha sounds like he's been playing on RCT3 Wild with the splitting coaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.