What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

They have two types of track.
The bi-rail, and the box like track (corkscrew etc)

marc

CF Legend
Yes I know but people said they dont have the track thats been shown in the plans. I have not looked at great detail tbh as I wasted far to much time on this coaster already.

I dont think anyone will admit to people if they are building it anyway until Alton give the information.

A

Anonymous

Vekoma have released a new track style before what is stopping other companies releasing a new track style?

There isn't really is there?

They may not admit it, but I am sure they wouldn't LIE either marc!

marc

CF Legend
Chris I think you have got the truth anyway, as people have said in other posts Vekoma do not make the track that was in the plans. Thats not me saying that btw.

After seeing the lift Intamin have made for that new water ride I would not rule them out of this.

Rach

Giga Poster
Sanbrooke is at it again...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0sKuZhhANg[/youtube]

To save you watching, he has said the following has came from a very good source but won't name said source.
- SW6 will be a B&M
- Rita is getting a re theme to green
- Intamin Spinner for the Black Hole tent

I don't know how much truth is in this (I myself can't see a lot of truth in it), it could all be true or it could all be a load of bollocks.

Ollie

CF Legend
I dont think I believe that they're getting another Intamin spinner in the BH tent as they've already got Spinball.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^...which isn't an Intamin, but I see your point.

I'm just going to keep telling myself that this is going to be a load of arse, and then the finished product should (eventually) get me a bit excited at least.

Crow

Mega Poster
- I very, very much doubt the new ride will be B&M. There is no evidence to suggest so.

- The idea of Rita being painted green is rather plausible.

- I doubt they would put two similar spinning coasters in one park. However I could see the possibility of a Intamin Zac-spin coaster going in the Black Hole tent.

But to be quite honest, I think somone is making joke out of poor Shawn Sanbrooke.

Shawn Sanbrooke said:
It is a reliable source and we're not even sure who it was ourselves but it is a very reliable source

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Wow. His Bedroom. Look at it!!

As much as I would like the 2 coasters to be true, Im sticking with Premier on this one. I can't see Merlin spending out on a Beemer alone somehow.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Adding two rollercoasters in one year would surely be a marketing fail in that the lose the potential of advertising a new coaster two years in a row..

If this intamin is indeed going to happen, I wouldn't be suprised if it's for 2011, not 2010.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going with Rita retheme - they're flogging of Rita merchandise cheap ;)

Other than that, the supports and track match - 100% - supports and track for Premier and Mack eMotion coasters. As much as they can do doing direct comparisons based on the plans. It's very regular, very basic supports (due to the bi-rail track not having much support in itself).

Obviously, we'll not know until actual track arrives if it's identical to the plans, but if it's different, the council will have a fit. Where they say footers are going, and the size of them - they have to match the plans.

Vekoma bi-rail track is VERY different to the track in the plans. So it was always a long shot it was going to be Vekoma.

I don't think manufacturer is important anyway - it's the "world's first" bit which really makes the ride. We already know the basic layout pretty much sucks! ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
I think it's a high possibility that on the indoor bit the track will drop down to the lower level before it goes backwards.
There was an article on the BBC with Brendan Walker that suggested it. I can't find the link right now but if I do I'll post it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, the backwards bit HAS to drop. It enters the station high, leaves low. It has to get down 25 foot or something in a very small space somehow

Logic says, some kind of drop (either tilt, or drop tower kind of drop). It could be a slow elevator though, but I can't see it somehow...

Ollie

CF Legend
I reckon the track will drop quite quickly horrizontally. And will use lights and moments of darkness to make it seem much bigger.
Can't see it just being a slow lift though.

Also even if Rita does get repainted it won't fit in with the remaining area. It's just plonked down above the path and will be blocking the view of the new coaster behind it, unless you come into the area via the sky ride. Then you should get a good view of the new ride. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.