Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yes Plod! I spotted that before this was posted about four posts above yours :p

some rubbish said:
- The rides theme will surround the legend of the "Alton Hound", the story being revealed in the first information pack. The story is indeed based on the legend of Beddgelert.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Oh yeah! I should read things better next time :lol:

It's hardly "basing", though. Daylight robbery? Not that you can really steal folk tales XD

marc

CF Legend
Tbh right now I dont really care about the theme the story or anything like that. I just want to know who is making the bloody thing.

Ben

CF Legend
OH, Beddgelert. Why did I not get that when I go there every single bloody year! I've even done a little doggy-story tour.

That makes it all the more win.

Wales <3 Beddgelert <3

OH wait, it's Merlin. They'll take something I like and kill it. Remove all previous <3s

Ollie

CF Legend
coasterboy said:
Apparently, it's a hoax [all the facts and stuff] but there isn't actually any proof that it's fake.
Yeah I've heard that as well, which is why I'm being careful what I believe until it's officially announced in some way.

Alton are known for leading enthusiasts down wrong paths and fake projects while they build the real thing.

Anyone remember the baby coaster they said they had planned? :p

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
Yep, it's a hoax. And a bloody good one at that.

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23248&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1170

By a Towers Times member ShootTheCore. It got suspicious when this Maude character said it was a B&M

Walter Bolliger and Claude Mabillard will be manufacturing the new ride. The design will be an experimental design for them, as their new ride model has two-seats-per-row trains and track layouts similar to Intamin AG Mega-Lites.

There is a link, hidden on a part of the official Alton Towers website. Not only will it confirm that this marketing campaign is officially linked to Alton Towers, it will also reveal the name of Secret Weapon 6.

The first 14 people to find the link will be on the first ever train of SW6.

http://www.altontowers.com/

Have fun, and don't forget to ride the fantabulous SW6 at the Alton Towers Resort!

Still... had quite a lot fooled.

marc

CF Legend
People including me have also mailed companies and all got told different things, but it never looked like it was going to be Vekoma or a B&M anyway the track does not match up.

So not being funny we have not learnt anything new :(

A

Anonymous

I think you can take it as near enough good enough to rule them out!

And how can people be told different things?

Surely it's either a YES or NO answer.

marc

CF Legend
I am going back to the Robocoaster thing, I was told one thing by the company others were told other things. Not everyone is always in the loop in these big firms.

But as I said this never looked like a Vekoma anyway unless they changed the type of track they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.