What's new

The Games we play...

A

Anonymous

^ Yeah I'm on the PC, and it's like any other FPS really, just less controls to worry about.
I have seen some videos of the console version and the movements seems a bit more fluid on a PC, since you have greater controls with a mouse and keyboard then with 2 tiny joysticks.

Still in some cases it's a bit tricky to get some moves right, like doing a rolling landing and disarm enemies.

Ollie

CF Legend
Trying to get some more trophies on LBP. Some of the MGS level ones are insanely hard to get. Like you've got to hit R1 50 times in 5 seconds to get one for firing lots of paint. That aches your hand like mad and there's loads of funny forum topics on the internet of people trying different ways such as holding the pad between their legs and then hammering it and using your nose.
I tried loads of different ways and in the end it was the nose that did it. :D

Also there's a survival level I'm stuck on where you have to dodge bullets and bombs while continuously shooting the turrets, and I've tried that hundreds of times to get the trophies and it's still not done. :(

Urm what else is there...

Oh at the end you have to fight a huge metal gear from the game that takes ages to beat. One trophy is just to beat it which is a challenge in itself. Then another if you manage to do it under 2:30secs which seems impossible. And another is to beat it without loosing a life. Which I managed to do after loads of attempts but several times I beat it but fell and died making my way to the end of level gate. :x

Also had a browse round some of the user created levels as I hadn't done it in a while. Some of them are really good. And I'm in the top 100 players of the Left 4 Dead level. :)

So yeah the MGS add on for LBP is definitely worth the £4.99 price tag considering what you get in it. :)

PLCP

Mega Poster
For the record Marc, I brought GHII, III, and Aerosmith simultaneously to your house in September, and you forgot to take them. Your fault. :p And again, when I brought skate to your house once, you asked me why I brought it because it was so stupid. Your fault again. :p CoD4...you're never getting that. I still have my epic games with George, Cole, and Fadi every once in a while...gotta keep it handy. I do not remember you asking for Rock Band. Problem solved. :)

Anywho, I'm getting real close to the end of Skate 2. Things I have done are: San-Van-A-Slamma, GvR, Skateboard Mag cover, and Thrasher cover. Only thing that's left are the team challenges, which shouldn't take too long. After that its a quick Monster Clubhouse jam, and the end I believe. A few new epic spots revealed themselves today, such as the dam being drained for the Thrasher cover. You can get some really (and I mean REALLY) epic speed off of that for the spillway. The only problem is that the spillway is so long and you gain so much speed on it anyways that its almost a guaranteed bail before the end. :lol: Off the spillway I found a hidden path that leads to a staircase that takes you up to the top of the NEW SAN VANELONA sign (resembles the big HOLLYWOOD in Cali). From there you get one of the most epic views in any video game ever...and you can jump down to the spillway again. Boy, the spillway is fun. :p And (last one, I promise), I unlocked a rooftop to jump off of after completing a certain number of Thrasher Hall of Meat challenges. Like it says in the description, its a great way to break bones. I personally got 45,000 points off of it and catapulted myself to first on my friend's list for top bail.

Boy, I love that game. :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I just downloaded Operation Anchorage, the new DLC for Fallout3. It costs 800 MS points ($10), but should be well worth it. Can't give it a go as I'm out the door to an old friend's birthday bash, but thought I'd let the Fallout fanboys know that it's available.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Killzone 2 FTW! The Beta was epic and the demo on the 5th of Feb will be Uber epic then well don't get me started on the game it's self.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
PLCP said:
For the record Marc, I brought GHII, III, and Aerosmith simultaneously to your house in September, and you forgot to take them. Your fault. :p And again, when I brought skate to your house once, you asked me why I brought it because it was so stupid. Your fault again. :p CoD4...you're never getting that. I still have my epic games with George, Cole, and Fadi every once in a while...gotta keep it handy. I do not remember you asking for Rock Band. Problem solved. :)

Stop twisting my words! You never said I could borrow your games, so I didn't take them. You brought them over so we could play them that night. You grabbed them the next morning instead of leaving them for me. By the way, I said Skate was stupid for two reasons: 1, you said BioShock was stupid, and 2, you didn't even let me play Skate, so how was I supposed to know if it was good or not?

mrclam

Giga Poster
So being a bit of a resi fanboy... i download the resi-5 demo.

What a complet and utter mess.

It looks pretty, artwork is great. But the controls are absolutely shocking.

And would a crosshair have gone a miss?

*sigh*

Oh and "rollerdude" & "plcp" - get a room!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Resident Evil 5 co-op demo is da bomb! It's a 360 exclusive, so come on you Xbox buddies - get to it & let's play together!

PLCP

Mega Poster
rollerdude said:
By the way, I said Skate was stupid for two reasons: 1, you said BioShock was stupid, and 2, you didn't even let me play Skate, so how was I supposed to know if it was good or not?

1: That's a really awful reason. Like, the worst excuse you can give. I simply just do not like BioShock. If you don't like skate, then why do you want it?
2: I pulled it out of my bag, you asked me why I brought a stupid game, I put it back in the bag. See, I wanted to play it, but clearly you didn't want to, so I didn't push the subject matter.

Epic fail. :p

In other news, I'm one lousy goal away from beating Skate 2, or so I think. The end film is really getting on my nerves, but I'm sure it'll come sooner or later once I figure out how to late flip..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I didn't want to play it because it was one player. There's just something about one player games that doesn't work when there are two people...

Let me add to my previous post; Not only did I say those two reasons, but I was partially joking about them. How am I supposed to know if you haven't let me play it?

You're obviously dilatory and the bigger epic fail Mr. Carbs ;)

PLCP

Mega Poster
And that's what multiplayer mode is for... :p and you can't say dilatory my friend. You weren't even there.

I'm getting oh so close to re-unlocking the Browning M1919 in CoD. I can't wait . :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You never told me that there was multiplayer for skate, and if there was, you never wanted to play it, so there!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Would you two shut the
icon_censored.gif
up and download the Resident Evil 5 demo for
icon_censored.gif
's sake!

kimahri

CF Legend
Since Resident Evil 5 seems to be all the talk I'm gunna say.

Nay.

I didn't like 4th one as it was irritating to play and just not fun so in turn I'm not getting the demo for the 5th one.

I tried the Dead Space Demo as well.

It was plagued by the same thing as Resident Evil 4. The controls were irritating so I won't be getting that either.

Ben

CF Legend
Resident Evil 5 can suck me.

*looks at Wii*

*cries*

It could be the best game ever made if they'd only put it on the Wii. Resident Evil 4 on the Wii was so ultimately bad-ass...

John91

Mega Poster
^They're making the game to the best it can possibly be. The only reason Resi 4 was on the Wii was that it didn't need much of a graphics update. Resi 5 on the other hand looks amazing and plays brilliantly.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^What are you on about. Resident Evil 4 was one of the best games ever made for the PS2 and Gamecube.

I had it on Wii.

It was aweful.

And there are better games for the PS2. Lots of them.

Like Gitaroo man!