What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Partly that.

I feel that its just another one of those games that just drifts by like ICO and such. Partly because of the graphics. They are different so people are going to **** them selves and run away crying.

or Gathers a cult.

John91

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
Also Resident Evil 5 has finally got a set release date, Woohoo. :D
Resi 5 has had a set release date since about november. I should know, that's when I put my order on :D Roll on Friday 13th March

Ollie

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
Glad you're so on top of things Ollie. :p
To be honest, I'm sure you're thinking about DeathSpank. :wink:
Meh. I couldn't be bothered to check back and my memory isn't that good. :p

PLCP

Mega Poster
Skate 2

I'm really finding it hard to find a flaw with this game. I revise my earlier decision about the walking, once I learned that you could sprint it made things much easier. Every area of the new city is pretty much perfect. I'll start at the top; the mountain is so much fun to go down. You get so much speed that the camera can't even keep up with you. Its filled with shortcuts and huge gaps to jump across. The mountain also includes the dam, which is hilarious to throw yourself off of and see how many bones you can break; the new and improved spillway, which is twice as long as the first one and allows you to get way more speed; and the new mega compound, which is pretty much a copy of the first one with a few minor tweaks, although now you can buy extensions to add on to it. Moving over to the Res, I haven't really skated through this one yet, but from what I've seen, its pretty much a copy of the old Res with a few new spots and pools here and there. Same thing with Old Town, I'm not really a fan of the area and its kind of out of the way, but from what I've seen, its pretty much the same. The new downtown is like the old downtown, only all new buildings and security pretty much everywhere. The only real spot that is just like the old one is the Matrix Plaza, that has been lifted pretty much pixel for pixel from the old game. The new Waterfront is pretty fantastic too. Theres a lot of gentle slopes and gaps to go across. The new skatepark over on the edge of town is fantastic, and I really can't wait to open up the new stadium.

Like I said, I really cannot find a flaw with this game at all. Although I do miss the Suburbs and the Community Center a little bit, the Mountain and new spillway make up for it.

11/10

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the review bud. I wasn't sure it was worth it after reading your previous post, but now I'm going to pick it up for the kid on my way home from the office. I'm sure he'll be asking you to join in on the fun with him next weekend (I usually don't allow him to play on school days).

PLCP

Mega Poster
I won't let you borrow it because since I personally know how long and frustrating it is to beat the career mode, I probably won't get it back for a year. :lol:

Jerry, I'd defintely recommend this one for Aidan. Even though it takes time to get used to, once you get the hang of it, it's beyond addicting.

Anywho, I purchased the Fun Track add-on for the Mega Compound today and unclocked the SV Stadium. These two locations alone are enough to bring the game up to a 12/10. Starting off with the Fun Track, this new add on allows for much more speed and one final hilarious jump over a forest into the large bowl at the bottom of the Compound. The new Stadium is entirely geared towards mega-ramps now, with 4 different ramps to choose from. There's a lot of potential for some epic runs in here. I looked at the achievements today, and I noticed that there is one for buying all property. I haven't seen any new places to buy, and I'm really starting to wonder on what else could possibly be added onto the city...

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
FEAR had splendid AI/FPSery, thus I shall be buying the second. I really rather liked the horror in the first, however un-scary it was. I appreciated it for trying.

After having watched a video of the sequel's demo, I'm rather impressed. As far as I can tell from what I've read, it's the first half of the second level, after everything gets kersploded from your actions in the first game.

It's a true corridor shooter, and it really doesn't try to be anything but. There isn't even a left/right choice.

There are a few other brilliant enemies, as shown on previous videos: ones that are almost too fast to hit. They're genuinely terrifying, but I imagine they'd become tedious after not very long at all.

But I'm frothing. It'll probably suck.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
rollerdude said:
You won't even let me borrow GH:Aerosmith.
ROTFL!
icon_censored.gif
ing brilliant!!!

Ollie

CF Legend
Downloaded the Chinese new year costume pack for LBP (which is free for those of you who own LBP).
I also downloaded the MGS Game Pack for LBP. It was mainly so I could get the trophies and keep ahead of Pierre but it's also pretty cool and its fun shooting everything with the paint gun. :p

Also played Warhawk for the first time in ages. I still suck at it but there must be around 100 (can't be bothered to check exact number) trophies on it to get so couldn't miss the chance to go up another level. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
East Coast(er) General said:
rollerdude said:
You won't even let me borrow GH:Aerosmith.
ROTFL!
icon_censored.gif
ing brilliant!!!

I'm serious here! I've asked him to let me borrow that, GHII, COD4, and I think it was Rock Band, or something else(the games he doesn't even play anymore) and he didn't let me. I even offered to let him borrow BioShock...

He can just be such a prick sometimes...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Girlfriends can be such bitches! :roll:
Tell Patty to hand them over or you won't allow him to give you any more sexual favors. :p

A

Anonymous

Finished playing through Mirror's Edge for a second time, feels a bit easier this time around, since i got a better feel for the way through the game, and that I know the moves a bit better this time so I don't get stuck in some places in the earlier parts of the game.

It's a great game though, and I'm eagerly waiting for the upcoming versions.

I just wish that my computer was way faster so I could really use my 24" monitor to it's fullest, instead of running it on minimum settings as I have to at the moment.

kimahri

CF Legend
I take it your playing on the PC version loefet.

Whats the controls like? conisering the game is supposed to mimic running and you can exatically turn on a dime like you can on most first person games.