What's new

The Games we play...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Hardware failures depend on the user. Compare it to computers. My girlfriend has a mac and it runs like crap because she doesn't treat it right. My PC, almost six years old, is only starting to run like crap due to it's minimal amount of RAM. PLCP's 360 RROD'd, but he plays it constantly. I haven't had any problems yet because I'm not constantly playing.

By the way, I find it funny that PLCP was gone on the double XP weekend on COD live.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Dunno if this is the same as Xbox on CoD:WaW put in your clan tag either [....] or [CYCL] or [RAIN] or [MOVE] see what happens....

What the ****...

Ollie

CF Legend
Ollie on the last page said:
Also, don't know how new this is but if you put certain words in your clan name it changes the way your name appears.

For example:

Rain - will make you name letters flash in different colours.
Cyln - Will scroll a colour through the letters one by one.
.... - Will make the number 0 jump around in your clan name space.

There are a few more but I haven't worked them out yet.

So all of them at the moment are:

[Rain] - Will make you name letters flash in different colours.
[Cyln] - Will scroll a colour through the letters one by one.
[....] - Will make the number 0 jump around in your clan name space.
[Move] - Makes you name fling back and forth across your name bar
[Cycl] - Changes the colour of you name continuously through a scroll.

It's a nice addition but all the flashing colours in the lobby waiting to start the game gets annoying after a while.

kimahri

CF Legend
If clam is allowed so am I.

Mr postman or... lady I don't really know. Has delivered 2 of the 3 games I got my sister to ordered of good old play.com.

Killer7 and FFV

Firstly Killer7 is really ****ing bizarre. I haven't played much however. It's just something I do with new games but the presentation and game play is just... Odd. Some of the characters don't speak in an intelligible way. YT Video's don't do justice. So I'll be blunt, Bizarre controls, Bizarre graphics, (currently) Bizarre story, Bizarre sound and Bizarre game play. I love it.

Another thing is I think my poor PlayStation 2 may be dieing. It has trouble booting up games, no not disk read error, and its making funny noises but hey its had less problems than the 360 AND PS3 hur hur Ollie.

Second was Final Fantasy V Advanced. Haven't played it yet. So yeah.

dsc00274oo3.jpg

Lawl, I need moar. :|

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Downloaded Knothole Island DLC for Fable II yesterday. I haven't had a chance to check it out, but the kid's been playing it non-stop & says it worth the money.
I think it's great to have single player content like this and Fallout3's triple pack (Operation:Anchorage this month, The Pitt in February & Broken Steel in March) instead of just the usual batch of multiplayer maps most games offer. I wish said multiplayer games would do likewise to extend the life of their campaigns.

kimahri

CF Legend
It dropped because you didn't mention FFVII at all during the initial post.

Hooowever, Since you mentioned it now, would you like it to go back up :p

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'm becoming a bit of a trophy whore, and its pissing me off Ollie is on a higher level than me :lol:

Pixeljunk Monsters is pretty much done, but I can't 100% it until I get the encore expansion pack which I'm not too sure about...
CoD:WaW is 100%.
Super Stardust HD isjust really hard to get some of the trophies (and some of them also require expansion packs)
LittleBigPlanet requires the MGS expansion pack, and I've tried to go through creating a level but its really tedious and complex, although it has made me appreciate the community made levels a lot more.
The Pain trophies are just ridiculous, and again require a lot of the expansions so I don't think I'll even bother with Pain.
I'm probs gunna get Uncharted back, as I liked the game but once I completed it on regular difficulty I had no motive to find the treasures or complete it on Crushing at the time.

One game I won't get back is GTAIV, I didn't even have the motive to complete the storyline, it was so god damn repetitive (XXX wants you to take out YYY but theres gunna be ZZZ mobsters around so watch your back e.t.c e.t.c).

Lain

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
One game I won't get back is GTAIV, I didn't even have the motive to complete the storyline, it was so god damn repetitive (XXX wants you to take out YYY but theres gunna be ZZZ mobsters around so watch your back e.t.c e.t.c).

Ergh, yeah.

I didn't even finish the story the first time around, then I restarted when trophies became available, but it's so tedious, I just can't be arsed!

Pierre

Strata Poster
Sense of completion, call it an OCD if you like but I hate having half done games to my name...

Like Far Cry 2, I bought it, had it for a week and got one trophy, now I have a 2% game to my name which, I feel, makes me look half-arsed.

Ollie

CF Legend
Downloaded Pixeljunk Monsters a couple of hours ago.
I completely suck at it and the trophies seem impossible to achieve. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Arrows... Cannons... Fire... Anti-Air...

You don't need to know anything else, other than the patterns the creatures come in.

Superb game!

Ollie

CF Legend
I've completed all the easy missions, but the levels to get the trophies on are almost impossible and no matter how many towers I set up they always seem to get pat somehow.

And yes I know different towers are effective against different monsters. :p
But yeah it is pretty good. :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
I've got six rainbowed levels and you need seven to unlock the hard levels, its killing me trying to get this last rainbow. I nearly did it on special 2 yesterday but the last monster on the last wave before the boss got one, I was gutted!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm just saying they're the only towers you need. Also learn the upgrade paths for them, some just aren't worth upgrading... It all helps...