What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Mr/Ms Postie has returned and delivered my final Play.com product.

Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles

Made by the same people who did Rayman I think. Not played it yet and despite the saying "you shouldn't judge a book by its cover," I'm going to talk about it.

dsc00275pz7.jpg

And here is our front cover (well for the manual, Doesn't matter how ever since the they are both the same) looks Interesting and dark yes? The manual is usual stuff, Shows character and that they are both dark. All was fine and dandy until I got to the back cover.

dsc00276uk1.jpg

I **** my self. I don't like looking at it. :(

Ah well. At least this and Killer7 should change the pace of game I've been playing recently.

Now I just hope the game doesn't come alive and stuff from inside it tears me limb from limb.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
Now I just hope the game doesn't come alive and stuff from inside it tears me limb from limb.
:lol: I can just imagine poor little kimi jumping out of his skin with his hair standing on end if that were to happen. :p

As far as trophy whores are concerned, just be glad you don't have the kid on your friends list. He's not an achievement whore, but man he sure racks 'em up.

kimahri

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
kimahri said:
:lol: I can just imagine poor little kimi jumping out of his skin with his hair standing on end if that were to happen. :p

That's not nice :'(

Any way managed to play a bit of Evil Twin. Wow, it looks old. Needless to say I haven't been playing any platformer games lately so this was nice. Nostalgic in a way.

It came out in December 2001 and its a bit of a shock showing how much graphics have developed. Put it this way, There is a disco ball at in the intro movie and I can count all the polygons in it.

Personally I think it add to the dark, twisted atmosphere to the game but, wow.

Controls are fine (except first person camera controls cause I'm used to inverted) after getting used to in since its been YONKS since playing a platformer.

Voice acting is really odd though, In cinematics and conversations the main character Cyprien sounds like he is 15/16 and he is 11. During game, he sounds like an 11 year old.

I like the game though so yeah. It's nice to see that Ubisoft were involved in some fairly decent games.

Ollie

CF Legend
Just been having a play on High Velocity Bowling:.
It's great fun and well worth the £4.99 price tag as there's lots of different events and challenges and quite a few easy trophies to get to bump up your trophy count. :)
The gameplay is brilliant as it fully uses the sixaxis features. I prefer it to Wii bowling as the PS3 controller is much more comfortable to hold (the way your meant to) and the gameplay is more realistic and fluent.
The graphics are also pretty good they look realistic but also slightly cartoony which I think is cool. Also the online is great and there are plenty of people to play. :)
Highly recommended.

Aerith

Mega Poster
kimahri said:
It dropped because you didn't mention FFVII at all during the initial post.

Hooowever, Since you mentioned it now, would you like it to go back up :p

Im going to go take a picture of my final fantasy VII now, and im gunna slap it everywhere you write on the forum.

It will be there. . . . . . staring at you :shock: be warned. . . . . .

. . . .It's coming for you, with there overly emo cloud!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aerith

Mega Poster
kimahri said:
That is spam, vandalism on a forum and harassment.

So you're not allowed to do it.

NER

haha actually as long as i stay on topic im fine, and the pic will be little so dnt worry :lol:

there's a gay ff vid wating for you on youtube links :--D

kimahri

CF Legend
I'll pass on that and don't make that picture into another boldon fiasco.

and I'll pass on the FF vid.

And give it to my friend... the dirty bugger.

Aerith

Mega Poster
kimahri said:
I'll pass on that and don't make that picture into another boldon fiasco.

and I'll pass on the FF vid.

And give it to my friend... the dirty bugger.

*grabs ff7 and plays jaws theme tune and walks slowly with it*

anyway now i am playing Kingdom hearts . which is a good game to.

PLCP

Mega Poster
Tom Clancy's EndWar

Great fun. It takes some getting used to and voice command doesn't always work, but once you get the hang of it, it's downright addicting. I haven't fully finished the WWIII Cqmpaign yet, but I'm getting there. As the USA, I'm currently 1-18, with the USE and Russia being 1-9 and 1-12 respectively. Every battle brings me closer to Paris...watch out Frenchies. :p Oh, and I never realized how much fun it could be to send WMDs from space onto the battlefield to annihilate your targets. Good stuff.

9.25/10

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Today I've been testing out the new Dawn of War II beta...

If you've played Company of Heroes, then it's the same game and engine but with Warhammer 40k stuck on top of it...

I'm not too keen on it though in comparison to the first game, but there's time for it to improve... Lack of base building is a bit bum though... And building turrents around your points... Way to easy to lose atm...

However it has Tyranids (look them up, basically the aliens from Alien, and you get it), which is awesome...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Played the F.E.A.R 2 demo last night... Interesting...

The FPS stuff is actually very good. It's lovely, visceral and really well paced. You're just starting to enjoy it, when it puts you into a battle-mech. Then it goes up several notches higher. Lots and lots of fun!

However, the game is a FPS, mixed with a 'Ring' like story. So you are forced into this mis-match of FPS and survival horror. The mix is quite well done, and the horror is excellent actually, it's really good, but...

At one point, you go down a hall, and it's all spooky and there are ghostly wisps flashing about. Then things move, and you see an enemy soldier get ripped apart as he crossed one of the ghosts. Superb stuff.

Then the ghosts attack you... Only they DON'T rip you apart, they hurt like bullets, and hurt your armour at that. You quickly realise that they're actually a bit pointless, and it lets the whole thing down. Did nobody (this includes Ollie :p ) learn from Alien??? It's not about numbers, or seeing the things - it's about the knowing something is there, and if you see it - death is about to occur. Without it, the tension is all gone and you may as well not bother.

It's a real shame, as the game does everything else so well... Obviously it's just the demo, and maybe I'm missing something, but it was just such a let down.

Also played the Skate 2 Demo. Much better game engine than the first, but it doesn't play anywhere near as well. I loved the first, but really couldn't be bothered with the second at all.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah the Skate 2 demo doesn't allow you as much freedom as the demo for the first one did.
I love the simplicity of the Skate games though and want to try and get the full game of one of them soon.
As for the F.E.A.R 2 demo. I haven't played it yet. I know what you mean Furie about it's sometimes more scary when you know something is there but you can't see it. That's why the Silent Hill games work so well and I love them as they work on psychological horror.
For example on each Silent Hill game you find a broken radio and every time a creature is within range (even if you can see it or not) the radio starts playing static/white noise. This makes you panic as you know there's something there ready to pounce on you but you don't know what or when.
Resident Evil works as well though, and that's a whole different style of horror (4th one especially). It's very 'in your face' physical horror where there are masses of zombies and they are all coming towards you forcing you to hide in an old house and barricade yourself n by sliding wardrobes in front of doors ect while they bash their way in with chainsaws and axes.

In other news I'm still working my way through the trophies on 'High Velocity Bowling' and am 5 levels away from prestige on CoD:WaW although once I reach level 65 I'm going to go mad with the flame-thrower for ages to make my kill count jump up before I prestige.

Ollie

CF Legend
Same here Kimi. It was alright , wasn't scary at all and wasn't sure if it was trying to scare as I've never played a F.E.A.R game before.
It just seems like it can't decide what it wants to do. One minute your going through a deserted city that's been blown up. Next thing you know you've hopped into walking robot thing and are running round the streets shooting everything that moves.
I want to like it but can't see it being worth the money.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Um, let's see... I posted this 3 weeks ago.
East Coast(er) General said:
This might just get me to go out and buy a Wii!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT8u4nLuVlY[/youtube]
Glad you're so on top of things Ollie. :p

To be honest, I'm sure you're thinking about DeathSpank. :wink: