What's new

The Games we play...

Ben

CF Legend
John91 said:
^They're making the game to the best it can possibly be. The only reason Resi 4 was on the Wii was that it didn't need much of a graphics update. Resi 5 on the other hand looks amazing and plays brilliantly.

The best it could be would include the console which took away the crappy controls and replaced them with some of the best ever used :p

Ollie

CF Legend
kimahri said:
I had it on Wii.

It was aweful.
That explains it then. Even though the controls were meant to make it better on the Wii I still feel games like that should be played with a proper pad/controller.

But at the time of it coming out on Gamecube it was UNBELIEVABLE and was just amazing at how good it was and the way it just drew you into this tense atmosphere where you really felt a sense of panic as you were trying to survive against loads of enemies.

And Mercenaries = best mini game ever. It could even work as a full game by itself.

kimahri

CF Legend
I want Mushihime Sama, but its like couple hundred and only available as a PCB.

So I'll need a cabinet and stuff.

Bugger.

Ollie

CF Legend
Little big planet has got a God of War pack that is available to download now. :)
Will probably only get it once I've got all the trophies on the Metal Gear solid pack though.
Can those who have LBP please play my level online. It's really short and easy so won't take much time. So if you heart the level and me as a creator then I'll try and do the same back and it will help me loads to get another trophy. :)

Also I've started playing Uncharted again to get the last few trophies I needed to get my first platinum. :p

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
kimahri said:
I had it on Wii.

It was aweful.
That explains it then. Even though the controls were meant to make it better on the Wii I still feel games like that should be played with a proper pad/controller.

Nay. Kim is possibly the only person I know who thinks it was a bad idea to shift to Wii. He honestly just doesn't want to like Nintendo as much as he can :p

In other news:

FFXIII trailer. It has gameplay

This is a brilliant little flash game

The Riddick remake/sequel sounds promising

That is all.

kimahri

CF Legend
That is worrying for FFXIII.

It still feels too techy.

Which is one of the many reasons why I don't like FFVII OR VIII.

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't now whether to get FFXIII and start getting into the games. But not sure if I'll like them or not because I played XII once and got bored really quickly.
But it certainly looks great visually though. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie is so wrong.

Let's see, if a control pad is so good for shooting weapons, let's issue the army with them? Nah, let's not because actually aiming at what you're shooting is THE only way, and Resi 4 Wii did it fantastically. Best. Game. Ever! (almost) :)

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
I don't now whether to get FFXIII and start getting into the games. But not sure if I'll like them or not because I played XII once and got bored really quickly.
But it certainly looks great visually though. :)

Start with X.

It's the easiest, most linear and there is no overworld so you'll always know where to go next.

The sphere grid is easy as well so upgrading your characters will be easy to understand.

Then its just a matter of playing the other ones.

Personally XII is a bit too political and complicated compared to the rest and takes a while to get into.

Edit.

I just saw one of FFXIII's new characters.

Sazh Kayzroy.

He looks like the pools closed guy and HE HAS A BABY CHOCOBO and its daaaw.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've just bided on a copy of the original Skate on Ebay. So should hopefully win that as I've always wanted to play the full game. But don't want to get number 2 yet.

Ollie

CF Legend
Not really looked into this since before the PS3 was even out. But it does look good and the online ranking is kinda similar to CoD
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roc27ujMycs[/youtube]

Pierre

Strata Poster
LOL I downloaded Linger in Shadows for some easy trophies and to see what this interactive art things all about. I swear that 'game' would be funny as hell if you were stoned!

Also downloaded Crash Commando not tried it yet though! :(

Ollie

CF Legend
^You better not catch up with my trophy count or I shall be annoyed. :p
Linger in the Shadows is very strange indeed. But it's good for something completely different.
I've got a couple more Trophies on Uncharted today which gets me even closer to getting my first Platinum. :p But the game is really (and I mean REALLY) hard on Crushing mode.

Oh and this made me lol. :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLi4FRmWBE&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

kimahri

CF Legend
^ You are doing it again.

Plus there is an easier way to red ring the 360.

Put in Bioshock and do the FPS thingy. Done in short amount of time.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So what gives with the fact that you can't move & shoot at the same time in Resident Evil 5? Nor can you move & reload or even move & aim simultaneously.
It's like the old joke about not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.
icon_censored.gif
me!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ok, my birthday is just over a month away, and in any off chance that I may actually get something, what games should I add to this list for 360:

Grand Theft Auto 4
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Gears of War 2
Tom Clancy's Endwar
The Bourne Conspiracy(should I just rent it?)

By the way, are Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 really good?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 are really good
Gears of War 2 is really good
Grand Theft Auto 4 is really good
Rock Band 2 is really good
Guitar Hero: World Tour is also good
They're all games you'll be playing for a long time.

Tom Clancy's Endwar & The Bourne Conspiracy - just rent them or skip them completely, because you won't be playing them for long.

Ollie

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
So what gives with the fact that you can't move & shoot at the same time in Resident Evil 5? Nor can you move & reload or even move & aim simultaneously.
It's like the old joke about not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.
icon_censored.gif
me!
The reason they did it in the 4th one was to increase the sense of panic. So you had to stop to fire so that you felt that if you couldn't hold them off forever then they'd get to you and tear you apart. But if you were running around shooting then it would be much easier to kill and avoid them. Thus loosing the point and rush that a horror game is meant to give you.
I don't know what it's like on Resi5 as I haven't played the demo yet. But on 4 I felt it worked really well and it didn't annoy me at all.