What's new

The Games we play...

Kebab

Giga Poster
Skate. 2
Skate 2 is disastrously disappointing. Anyone care to agree?

I played the original to death and got every single player achievement in the game, and really enjoyed it! I was waiting anticipatingly for Skate 2, as it looked superb. I put the disc in, started my new game, watched the great intro, then started to deeply venture into a slur of problems. The challenges are buggy and often ridiculously frustrating, I've seen the floor disappear a plethora of a times, the presentation and map is poor, the customisation is also really bad, the movable objects fall over like plastic toys, Skate 2 and I just really didn't get along.

I still enjoy freeskating, but it just feels completely undeveloped, never mind the problems with EA's server. The New San Vanelona is an improvement too, but without the things that were outstanding on the original missing on the second ruined the entire game.

6/10

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
East Coast(er) General said:
So what gives with the fact that you can't move & shoot at the same time in Resident Evil 5? Nor can you move & reload or even move & aim simultaneously.
It's like the old joke about not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time. me![/quote]
The reason they did it in the 4th one was to increase the sense of panic. So you had to stop to fire so that you felt that if you couldn't hold them off forever then they'd get to you and tear you apart. But if you were running around shooting then it would be much easier to kill and avoid them. Thus loosing the point and rush that a horror game is meant to give you.
I don't know what it's like on Resi5 as I haven't played the demo yet. But on 4 I felt it worked really well and it didn't annoy me at all.[/quote]

The problem I had was as soon as I went into aim mode the controls changed and the camera went **** you and flew all over.

another reason for me to avoid the wii.

Irritating controller.

Ollie

CF Legend
****ING **** ****!!!!

THIS LAST ****ING LEVEL ON UNCHARTED IS ****ING IMPOSSIBLE AND I CAN'T EVEN GET TO THE NEXT ****ING CHECKPOINT WITHOUT DYING IN SOME ****TY ****ING WAY THAT SENDS ME BACK TO THE ****ING START.
URGH FOR ****S SAKE! :x

Ollie

CF Legend
^It's really ****ing pissing me off. It's a one hit kill on me but I've got to hit each enemy about 6 times directly to kill them. So I've got to take cover behind some wooden crates but when a crate gets hit a few times with bullets it crumbles so I have to dash over to another one. And seeing as they all have ****ing machine guns it's ****ing impossible.
There's 2 zones to get through before I get to the checkpoint and I've tried at least 50 times in the last couple of hours. And a few times I've got right down to the last enemy and died. Really, you should see how much this is pissing me off. I'm swearing really loudly at the TV and it's making me so stressed but I know how close I am to the end of the game and it's....

...GAAAAHHHHHH FOR ****S SAKE! :x

Ollie

CF Legend
YES BLOODY DONE IT!!!
Thank God for internet strategies. I was told the best way to tackle the level and did it third go.
Yes some games need to be harder but this was bloody rediculous. If you read peoples comments on game forums it's full of people giving up from getting annoyed at getting stuck on a small section for hours on end every day only to get stuck twice as much on the next section.
I feel really chuffed now though. :)
Just got two more grenade trophies to get which shouldn't (hopefully) be too hard as I'll just nip through the game again on easy mode to get them.

Phew. I'm so glad I've done that though.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
PLCP said:
2nd prestige.

Woohoo.

You honestly have no life!

While you were CoDing all day, what was Marc doing? Bowling tournament and a concert!

I'll prestige at the end of the week...

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm not too far off 1st Prestige on CoD:WaW only a couple more levels. :)

I have excellent news though...

I JUST GOT MY FIRST PLATINUM TROPHY ON THE PS3!!! :bigsmiley:

Pierre

Strata Poster
LOL I'm playing CoD4 again now, I don't like WaW (plus I've 100%'d the beast!) I'm finally on 10th prestige, just going through all the headshots challenges lol, what a bitch.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Hahah no I've spent that much time because I like the game... says he who tried his hardest for platinum on Uncharted ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
I've decided to give Veteran on CoD:WaW another go.
Only played Burn em out so far and I still haven't finished it. It's so bloody annoying and I hate it when games are this hard. The checkpoints are so ****ing far apart and when you get near to the next one you die inches away from it sending you hours of ****ing gameplay back. :x
I've been trying for the past two hours to get through this tunnel that's only about 20 meters long and it's ****ing impossible.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's amusing to hear your having such a jolly good time. :lol: