What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
Can everyone with Cod:WaW sign up to the site and link their account to it so it updates it on the site. I need some friends and I can check where we're all standing when I'm at college. :p
http://www.callofduty.com/hub

Just create an account. The click "Link account" and enter the VIP number that can be found in the online menu on your copy of the game. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
You can compare your stats to other users across all other platforms. You can get more detail on match reports telling you were you died each turn where you got hit. Where abouts on the body you mainly hit your enemies. It's got bar charts to compare against the averages. And you can do challenges on the site to get more xp and level up.
So quite a bit. :p

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
You can compare your stats to other users across all other platforms. You can get more detail on match reports telling you were you died each turn where you got hit. Where abouts on the body you mainly hit your enemies. It's got bar charts to compare against the averages. And you can do challenges on the site to get more xp and level up.
So quite a bit. :p

I go on hard core where its pretty much one hit kill.

So basically that just says it does **** all except the challenges.

Ollie

CF Legend
I KNOW WHAT I'LL BE DOING ON FRIDAY!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJzsTg-uRO4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0voXbRLi18[/youtube]

I've been waiting ages for this. :p

peep

CF Legend
Got Guitar Hero: World Tour (band pack) last Friday. Its bloody fantastic!

The new guitar is great, I'm still getting used to the new touch sensitive bar but its fun and different.

The drums are a lot better than I was expecting, but like real drums, I'm terrible so I'll leave the sister to play them :p.

The character creator is cool, really goes into detail and there is so much choice, on par (if not better) than the Sims 2 character creation.

I still haven't tried to make a track but it looks fun (went through introduction).

The track list is excellent and I'm unlocking new tracks all the time. I recently got the two Hendrix songs which are so awesome. To be honest there are so many great tracks I can't see the game ever getting boring. Apparently the game has 85 tracks? And I've already downloaded the new Bond track which is really cool to play.

Overall the game is flawless and I can't see how Rock Band 2 would be any better (maybe on par, hmm, maybe with Premier drumkit, but where would I fit that?) than GH:WT.

kimahri

CF Legend
As many people know the new dashboard update came for the Xbox360.

The avatars are nice, It looks alright and its a nice refresh.

Thats about it really. :|

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Guitar Hero Bike Tour! ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlMYWuGUZlM[/youtube]

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^!!! 688,000 views in two days?!?

Nice game, though. Loving the sensors on the bike.

PLCP

Mega Poster
I got Call of Duty: World at War yesterday, and have pretty much been playing it nonstop since then.

The game is fantastic. The campaign actually offers a challenge, unlike CoD4 which was like a cakewalk. The flamethrower is some of the most fun I've ever had in my whole life, and they portray the Pacific theater very accurately. The multiplayer is just as addicting as CoD4, and even though I like CoD4's multiplayer better (mainly because of the better weapons), it still has some fantastic maps.

11/10 for me.

Ollie

CF Legend
^With the maps though you end up getting some more than others. For example whenever I do free for all one (forgotten the name of the mode) 99% we get the map on the beach with the huts.
*Excuse me not remembering the names, it's late and I'm tired. :p*

Anyway, not CoD for me tomorrow. I'll be playing the new Tomb Raider which looks ****ing fantastic so will review that once I've completed it. :)

Ben

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Anyway, not CoD for me tomorrow. I'll be playing the new Tomb Raider which looks **** fantastic so will review that once I've completed it. :)

Haha, I've heard it's really short and not all that great.

... have fun :wink:

As for me gaming wise? I'm being AWESOME and trying my best to get me a N64 and Goldeneye. And Perfect Dark. And Donkey Kong 64. And Conker's Bad Fur Day.

But, eBay is taking the piss, lol.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemaniac said:
^!!! 688,000 views in two days?!?

Nice game, though. Loving the sensors on the bike.
It's up to over 852,000 views now & well worth it, but it's got to be a viral ad, no?

Sorry Kimi, but the dashboard update is much more than just the Avatars, which are pretty sweet as is. The whole interface is so much cleaner & easier to navigate. I really like the ability to go to the strategy videos & press x to access full archives of them (no more having to view them within a 10 day period or they're gone).
I also liked the whole party system. Yesterday the kid & I were in a party of about 15 or so yakking away while some of us were playing together and others were on the dashboard and yet another was customizing his avatar. It was also pretty cool to view the whole group together by viewing my friends and seeing the speech bubbles keep popping up from avatar to avatar as each of us spoke.
Speaking of the friends view, I also like the way that new themes (like the special preorder one for GoW2) puts a different background behind each of my friends avatars (makes the default ones look like garbage). Guess I'll be spending more MS points for new themes now. :wink:
Then there's the video streaming from Netflix!!!!
Wow, even my wife loves that update. We watched some great hi-def movies last night and the whole thing is just flawless. I can't wait until the next update when I can watch flicks with my friends even if they don't have a Netflix account. I think Netflix parties are going to rule, as there's nothing better than watching hilarious or really bad movies with a bunch of buddies making comments throughout. :lol:
I can also access all my coaster POVs and watch them on my 50 inch HD plasma, which is also super cool.
Seeing what's happening this week is also much easier and the improvements also include the ability to keep on playing games without pausing downloads that are running in the background & the way to access the extra content is also vastly improved.
The new Xbox expierence gets a big thumbs up - way up - from me!

As for those avatars -
here's the kid:
thekid.png

PLCP:
plcp.png

kimahri:
kimahri.png

and your's truely:
me.png

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I figured as much, but I thought I would point it out to those who saw your post...

Ollie

CF Legend
^I know. I want to know where this guy got this gun from.
It looked like some futuristic ray gun and it took down loads of zombies per shot. I looked all round the house for it but couldn't find it. :(