What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
I gots world at war.

Much better than Cod4 . I know I was a bit pessimistic about it and stuff but that cuts out all dissapointment. Since i've only done the first level in story I wont go much into that. Multiplayer on the other hand. So much more atmospheric. The artilery is such a horrible Sound.

Anyway. Just Left 4 dead and Mirrors Edge to go.

Dead Space can wait untill its cheaper.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Yeah the artillery sounds like a banshee or something... ahhh longest day at work ever I won't to go and kill some Germans & Japs!!

[I was going to edit my mistake but I thought I'd let Lain get off on one]

Lain

Giga Poster
HEY FURIE.

I saw you were playing the MGS4 demo the other day. What part of the game is it and what did you think?

Ollie

CF Legend
Gave in and got Call of Duty: World at War as I couldn't resist the £27 price tag at ASDA. :p
It's a good game. But it doesn't seem to have a strong pace. And the levels don't flow into each other. You either wake up from being unconscious or laying on the ground. :p
Other than that it's a good game. Got quite a few grewsome parts and the action is good.
Played online briefly, but felt that some of the levels were TOO big. Which meant walking round for quite a while trying to find someone. And if they kill you then it gets annoying that you have to run of and find them all over again.
I like the dogs though. That randomly come up and attack you. :p

Good so far, but isn't amazing me as much as CoD4 did. I shall wait until I've finished the main game and played online for a bit more though before I rate it ect. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
HEY LAIN.

You nosey bastard!

It's the start I think. No cutscenes. Before you get the little Metal Gear thing.

I think...

I think it's possible one of the best games ever written. It is seriously a fantastic bit of coding and design. It's absolutely stunning.

It's also deathly boring, hence the biggest waste of superb coding and design ever...

I want to love it, but I'm asleep after three minutes...

Ollie

CF Legend
^It's also too complicated for it's own good. It thinks it's been clever by having a HUGE back story when the games itself are pretty weak. So people only buy it so people will think. "My, isn't that dud awesome. He plays MGS. He must be really intelligent". :p

Lain

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
^It's also too complicated for it's own good. It thinks it's been clever by having a HUGE back story when the games itself are pretty weak. So people only buy it so people will think. "My, isn't that dud awesome. He plays MGS. He must be really intelligent". :p

But you don't like Alien, so your opinion doesn't count. :p

the_missus

Mega Poster
Ahhh thats a shame about MGS4...I was a fan of MGS on the PS1...absolutely loved that game!!

But Meryls in MGS4...so I think I'd like it anyway..

Ollie

CF Legend
^Only a few times. Where it respawns me in the middle of a group of enemies.
I agree Pierre the story mode is lousy. It's really short doesn't make sense the way it jumps from level to level. And some of the levels are drawn out too long.
The last level was pretty cool though.
Online is kinda the only reason to get this game though.
Oh and when you complete story you get to play...
ZOMBIE NAZI'S!!!! :lol:

^No, really. There is a bonus game you unlock where you're trapped in a house and Zombie Nazi's are trying to break in and kill you. You've got to board up the windows and stuff to keep them out. Every time you do stuff like put boards up or shoot zombies you get points which you can spend on things like new guns and ammo. You can also use the points to unlock more of the house to run round by moving sofas off the stairs to go upstairs or to unlock doors.

It's fairly epic and it makes you jump when you turn round only to find a zombie in your face in high def. :p

Oh, And I've made a clan on CoD:WaW for CF.

Just put CF as you're clan tag and you'll join. :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Finally got some time with GoW2. Man is that baby sweeeeet!
The kid & I played co-op through the first level and I am totally hooked. I also got to watch him and a buddy play through about 35 levels of Horde mode. Absolutely brilliant!
I'm off to Orlando tomorrow, so I won't be able to give CoD:WaW a go until I return on Wednesday, but Aidan played it this morning before I woke & he says it just isn't up to par with CoD4. I think he only played the campaign a bit and has yet to give multiplayer on XBL a try.
I picked up Mirror's Edge this morning & the kid is playing it as I write this. I'll check in with him a little later on to see if the full game is every bit a good as the demo.

Ollie

CF Legend
Is anyone else finding that on Call of Duty: World at War they're stats aren't getting updated on the leaderboard?
I'm level 20 now and it still says I'm level 9 on the leaderboard. :?

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDtCDQsComk&eurl=http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/11/15/quite-soulless/[/youtube]

You have no idea how excited I am about this. Game of the year!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I feel tomorrow I shall be buying FM 2009 and Red Alert 3...

Red Alert 3 will be worth the price as it has Tim Curry as the Russian general <3

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm Starting to get a bit more interested in Final Fantasy XIII.

Although if its better than VI then I'll buy a hat and heat it.