What's new

The Games we play...

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Steam is being a poo and not letting Mark buy me L4D. The demo is out TODAY. ARGH.

Also, Lain, shoosh. You really can't talk :p MGS4? Urk ;)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Far Cry 2 was utter tosh... I had it for a week and sold the bastard.

Online was pants as well, I give online a few goes to see if it had a saving grace and it didn't.
Loads of people seem to like it for some reason as well :?

Edit : LOL just looked on the PS Store, the original Theme Park is on there XD £3.99 I think it said....

kimahri

CF Legend
I has Little Big Planet and Fallout 3.

But due to me not being on THE PSN network for a while... my ps3 needs updating :|

oops.

Also shouldnt any talking about MGS4 be in the now showing topic. I mean like MGS 4 is 99% cut scene and the only gameplay is press the start and the ability to look round during said cutscenes.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Pierre said:
Far Cry 2 was utter tosh... I had it for a week and sold the bastard.

That's odd, I've heard almost unanimous praise from people actually playing at the time. Sure, the AI's a bit rubbish, but it has the capacity for hilarity at the drop of a hat.

Friend of mine raided and hijacked a steamer as a getaway vehicle, but then grounded it in the shallow river.

I'm not excited enough by it to buy, but it *does* look alright. I like how it never, ever, leaves or takes first person control from you, or so I've heard.

Oh, Steam finally had the grace to start working again, so the Left4Dead demo is now downloading. I am really rather excited :p

Also, ^down boy.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
Little Big Planet is so AWESOME!

Makes me smile so much.

I started the creation tutorials last night.

My brain is overwhelmed.

The game is just so enormous, it's really, really scary. Very impressive stuff, and yes, it does make you smile :)

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
^It looks and sounds like one of those games that I'd play and play and play and never get bored. Though, just listening to Stephen Fry makes me smile, so, eh...

Lain

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
Also shouldnt any talking about MGS4 be in the now showing topic. I mean like MGS 4 is 99% cut scene and the only gameplay is press the start and the ability to look round during said cutscenes.

Your mum.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Oh yes, by the way I did like Mirrors Edge demo, it was pretty sweet! And that was just a tutorial so I reckon the main game with a bit more action could possibly be something quite special.

Ollie

CF Legend
^But don't you think it may get repetitive?
Especially if most of the levels are indoors.

Anyway I played two more demos today:
Metal Gear Solid 4: First time I'd done anything to do with MGS. Was alright, didn't like the controls very much and don't really like games where you have to sneak around. But the graphics were nice.

Alone in the Dark: Really cool game. Like the way that you can use EVERY object you come across as a weapon of to aid yourself. I thought that the driving level through Manhattan was fantastic with all the roads being ripped up, buildings crashing down, cars flying over your head. It was mad and utterly fantastic. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Been playing the Football Manager 2009 demo recently...

A lot of decent improvements as always from the previous year's installments...

The 3-D match engine is very good as well...

Comes out officially next week, so my life may vanish... :p

Lain

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Been playing the Football Manager 2009 demo recently...

A lot of decent improvements as always from the previous year's installments...

The 3-D match engine is very good as well...

Comes out officially next week, so my life may vanish... :p

I've been playing 08 loads.

I didn't realise there was a demo for 09 though, I shall now go find it.

Also, if you preorder it from Play.com, you get a personalised sleeve, which is cool.

Ollie

CF Legend
Just completed Uncharted: Drakes Fortune... (Yes already :p)

It was a really good game. The ending didn't spoil it too much as it still had the excellent gameplay. But instead of those creatures have the undead Spanish crew.

Gameplay - 10/10 Gameplay is brilliant and never gets boring. Each section is so different from the last and the pace keeps going strong.
Graphics - 10/10 Amazing graphics. Shadows move realistically the lighting is great and everything looks gorgeous.
Water - 10/10 deserves a mention in itself as it's simply amazing. Your clothes get wet and dry in real time and the ripples and motion is just stunning.
Story - 9/10 Excellent story and quite in depth. The characters are believable and Drake never gets boring to play as. Some parts are so good that it keeps you on the edge of your seat in suspense. The only reason I gave it a 9 was because of the so called 'twist' at the end. It was good but kinda kicked itself in the ass after a really good strong storyline. It doesn't ruin it, just because it's unexpected and it changes the theme of the game instantly.

Still this is one of the best games I've ever played, after COD4 and Resi 4.
GET IT NOW IF YOU OWN A PS3!!! :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Picked up GoW2 at the midnight launch yesterday (so I could get the special unlock codes). Will post when I get back home & have played some.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
^ I have fell in love with how in depth the storymode is getting, and I really believe we should expect a prequel.

Online play is something I quickly fell in love with too.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm getting LBP for Christmas and I can't wait. :p
In other news I've started story on Uncharted again to get more of the treasures and trophies. :)