The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Just played the demo for Motorstorm 2.
It was meh.

It's pretty much the same as the original - did you play that?

It's on my list of games to buy at some point, but I'm still playing MotoStorm :lol:

I agree about the demo, but it's one of those - it's just a demo. What are you really expecting?

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah I got the first one really cheap a few weeks ago.
There's nothing super impressive about them and the locations are bland.
Also the race can change so quickly it gets annoying as half of it is down to luck rather than skill.

Some of the races are impossibly hard though.

Lain

Giga Poster
I was expecting it to make me interested in the game, after all the hype it's got, but I agree, it was rather underwhelming.

On the other hand, the demo for Pure was ferking awesome.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Yeah I got the first one really cheap a few weeks ago.
There's nothing super impressive about them and the locations are bland.

It was impressive on release ;)

Ollie said:
Also the race can change so quickly it gets annoying as half of it is down to luck rather than skill.

Nah, it's all down to skill. The races can change quickly if you don't have enough talent.

Ollie said:
Some of the races are impossibly hard though.

Some are very challenging. I got Motor Storm with my PS3 18 months ago, and found it just too hard. So I traded it in. However, I missed it and bought it back cheap. Since getting it back, I've found that I've got to grips with it, and I easily just slotted into where I left off and started winning races which had bugged the hell out of me. Something just clicked...

Lain said:
I was expecting it to make me interested in the game, after all the hype it's got, but I agree, it was rather underwhelming.

On the other hand, the demo for Pure was ferking awesome.

Oddly, I agree, but I know that Pure would be gathering dust in two hours after purchase - yet MS2 you'll still be fighting with and enjoying in two months. What you saw in the Pure demo was all it has to offer. I'd mastered it after my first race, there was no challenge. I still load up the MS2 demo every now and then when I have five minutes to kill, and I'm still a long way off being great at it (ie can always win the race, in any vehicle).

marc

CF Legend
I found it a bit to easy after time, yes at 1st it was hard but then I found the trick.

Hold back a bit at the start then pass everyone and that way you dont get hit at the start of the race.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
If it's the one in a block drawing (white on black background) style with the piramids and such, then <3 <3 <3! I wasted my entire paycheck on that bad boy arcade machine back in the day (around 1981 I think). :lol:

I had to buy a licence to convert all the tracks from Rock Band to Rock Band 2, but it was well worth the $5. :) It's almost like having a cheat for the mystery song sets as 2 of 3 songs are from the original (ones I've already mastered). :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, my mistake. I've played that one (meh), but I was thinking about the original Battle Tanks - a FPS which looked something like this:
battletanks_300x300.jpg

big john

Mega Poster
Well i rang every import shop in a 50 mile radius of my house and not one stupid ****ing import video game shop sold import games hoe ****ed up is that stupid bastards. So if anyone in the good old usa wants to send me a copy of rock band 2 on ps3 id be happy to send ya the moneys for it lol

big john

Mega Poster
^ usualy ok but for someone like myself who does not have a visa card or any other card for that matter its rather hard to order from usa without one plus i cant be arsed with the import cost

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Big John, only problem is that USA titles are NTSC TV format and in Europe you have the PAL TV format, so our games will not work on your consoles. :(
Same goes for Japan, they also use the NTSC signal, unless you have a way of getting around the format differences.
My friends in Germany also have this problem and I always have to tell them to buy the banned titles (in Germany) from the UK (where they are not banned), as the UK & Germany have the same TV signal format.

Smithy

Strata Poster
PS3 is region free ;)

However, he wouldn't be able to download any songs from the PS Store as it's the European store.

big john

Mega Poster
^ what he said the ps3 is region free i have had loads of usa games before, As for the downloadable content that dont bother me to much as i can always use all downloadable content with rockband 1 untill we actually finaly get rockband 2 over here in england which we have been shafted again thanks to microsoft and then ill get it free through work so not to fussed i just want the bloody game lol. I just cant belive all the import shops in the uk dont seel ****ing imports, One shop i rang called "GAMES AND MOVIES" didnt even sell games for ****s sake lol