What's new

The Games we play...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^And your source is...? Wikipedia doesn't mention it at all...

The game I'm playing most at the moment is Sim City 4. It was £9, and SCS was appearently rubbish. I like it, but it's very hard to get your budget in balance and still get new inhabitants. And it's even harder to get high-rise buildings, because people want to live near their jobs (industry), but industrial areas lower land value.

Bah, I bet I'll get it sorted out.

Ollie

CF Legend
^lol thanks. I'm tempted to print it off and slide it in an empty box with "coming soon: pre-order now" written on it. Then take it into Game and watch as people enquire about it. :lol:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Do it. Really, do it.

Also playing SSBB a bit now. I tend to be the weakest on the team in team battles, as I don't like the "smash only" strategies, but I enjoy a good set of combos. It's just that they are interrupted by my team player, he puts in a fully charged smash attack and gets the KO.
Boo.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^lol thanks. I'm tempted to print it off and slide it in an empty box with "coming soon: pre-order now" written on it. Then take it into Game and watch as people enquire about it. :lol:

post it on 4chan.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 has been announced for the PS3 - woohoo! Great 2-D fighting game, I have the original on Mame. Quite excited about being able to play it using proper controls... May be the time to buy a fighting stick methinks :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Aidan gave Lego Batman a try, but didn't find it to be as good as the Stars Wars Trilogy one. We only rented it and after a couple of days returned it. I'll have to ask him why he doesn't want me to buy it when he gets home from school.

big john said:
And only 9 more days till rockband 2 is relised in America so will be getting that through work on relise so will be playing that for quite some time lol
Big John, I hate to break this news to ya, but Rock Band 2 was released (I think that is what you meant) here in the States over a month ago, so I don't know why you have to wait another week for.
Finally got around to playing Mercenaries2 a bit yesterday. It's still loads of fun like the original, but I was hoping for a bit more improvements with shooting/aiming. I also don't like that you can't crouch without zoomed aiming. Sometimes I just like to take cover to check out the lay of the land before starting my assault. No other complaints so far, but the kid tells me that civilians will tend to run out in front of my vehicle in later driving missions and cost me plenty in damages. So I'll have to see if that's true or just his bad driving habits.
Only two more days until FIFA09 releases over here. Yeah Boyee!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ECG - John is on about the PS3 version. Once again, in their infinite wisdom, EA decided to release to the lowest volume level first (360 rather than Wii - in Europe the released the 360 version over six months in advance, even though both Wii and Ps3 numbers are higher in Europe than 360 numbers).

Anyway, point is, if you want RBII for Wii or PS (II or III), it's not out yet :(

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Ouch!
Xbox owners used to have to wait for PS2 titles, but I guess things have changed with the 360...

kimahri

CF Legend
I just found out that one of the Final Fantasy XIII games has been moved to PSP. ^_^

It's probably the only FFXIII game I'm looking forward to really :|

Final Fantasy Agito XIII