What's new

The Games we play...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lewis said:
I got a CoD5 beta key today...

Haven't had a chance to play, shall let you know what it's like.

I've watched a few youtube videos of it, seems like the online sytems pretty similar to CoD4. Which I kind of like, as I loved CoD4 but I was kind of hoping for something fresh at the same time.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
East Coast(er) General said:
^Ouch!
Xbox owners used to have to wait for PS2 titles, but I guess things have changed with the 360...

I think it's EA or MTV have just signed a deal with the devil.

It's probably cost them millions in potential sales to GHIV, as Rock Band is now up against GHIV over here - never mind the fact RBII on the other formats is going directly head to head against GHIV - missing out on the exclusivity the 360 had.

Serious, serious bit of misjudgment - you just have to hope they get a good kick-back off MS for it.

It's going to change again by the way. A lot of major developers have said they're changing to PS3 as the initial dev platform for cross platform games. That means the PS3 versions are likely to be the initial release again - just like the PS2 days. Though that's three years down the line and the X-Box 720 will be out by then :)

Griffin

Roller Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
^Aidan gave Lego Batman a try, but didn't find it to be as good as the Stars Wars Trilogy one. We only rented it and after a couple of days returned it. I'll have to ask him why he doesn't want me to buy it when he gets home from school.

I've heard it's better, I do love the Lego series though, so I'm just hoping it's gonna be better.
I can't wait to play it, bring on payday.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The worldwide xbox expeirence release date is Nov. 19th. I can't wait!

Lewis

Hyper Poster
^ Woo, bout time!!

Right.. had a chance to play CoD5, rather impressed by it. Graphics are STUNNING, gameplay is good too.. very much like CoD4!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Glad to hear that everyone with access to the new CoD likes it, but I never really had any doubts. It doesn't release until Nov. 13, so we'll have to wait a bit longer...
At least we've got FIFA09 (released today & I'm buying it in the morning), Fable2 (next Wednesday), GH:WT (Oct. 26), Fallout3 (Oct. 28 ), Legendary (Oct. 30), Tom Clancy's End War (Nov. 6) & Gears2 (Nov. 7) to keep us 360 owners really busy until then. :)
I think I just heard my wallet start to cry...

Found out from Aidan why he doesn't like Lego Batman as much as the SW Trilogy - no live support. Lego Batman only offers local co-op play and that's why he's not interested in buying it (even if I'm the one who's paying). He says he played through the first of the three parts (I'm sure you guys know what he means by that) and although the game is good, it needs to have online co-op to be worth purchasing.

John91

Mega Poster
I've been addicted to Halo 3 multiplayer since I got home earlier. It is soooooo awesome, espescially hearing people complain when I pwn them in an all swords match.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hate to tell you PS3 fanboys this, but Sony issued a worldwide recall of Little Big Planet today and has delayed it's release date from next week until November due to lyrics in one of the song tracks. It seems that Arabic gamers found a music track on the 'swinging safari' level that contains words taken from the Quran, which Muslims find offensive. Sony decided to recall all shipments that have gone to selected U.S. stores (only shipped to U.S. due it the earlier release date here) and is replacing the track. A new release date is expected soon.
I'm not sure how long it will take to replace the music track, but it shouldn't be long. I think it's more of how long it will take to produce the new discs.

big john

Mega Poster
^^^^ The recall was not for complaints it was due to sony playing it safe but ye its a bit stupid bit the relise date has been confirmed for the week after so not a major biggie realyy on a plus side motorstorm 2 has been brought forward 2 weeks so alls good and the demo is amazing so will be buying that. On a side not seeing as LBP was put back a week i wont be getting it till after i come back from my holiday and ghosterforce so decided to buy Saints row 2 as it only cost 6 pound after my discounts lol, And i have to say its actualy very very good. i woul;d recomend it over GTA4 to be honest its soundtrack alone on the 80's station is awsome nothing like mowing the police down while The final countdown blasts out lol and your guy (who you can customise everything) sings along to its really quite funny lol

kimahri

CF Legend
COD5 hath been preordered ^_^.

I did want to get Left 4 Dead but that wasnt avilible to preorder so meh.

Also Quick Question but does any one Where I can get an Snes Emulator and Roms for Earthbound Or if its a coming out on the VC and have something that actualy sounds good for the Wii.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Fianlly got to pick up FIFA09. Man is that baby sweet! Blows '08 away IMO and not just marginally...
Tomorrow is Fable2 time, yeah boyee!

Pierre

Strata Poster
Pro Evo 2009 <3.

Forget the licenses, this is Pro Evo back IMO... although I did play demo of Fifa 09 and that was massive improvement.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Do you reckon Lain deserves this for Christmas?

34.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0263869818

;)

kimahri

CF Legend
furie said:
Ahhh Llamatron! Does it still have the Mandlebrot Monster?

Screaming Mandy?

Yeah she's still there. Problem is the game plays slow for some reson or other. I'll mess about with the emulator more.