What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
furie said:
Ollie said:
My PS3 now has 200GB memory. :p

No, it doesn't. It has 256<b Main ram and 256Mb of video ram, just like every other PS3 :p

Lolzy 256mb

Nothing can run with 200 GB of ram anyway. it only up to 4GB with 64 bit OS's can't it?

Any um.

Games.... OMG Timesplitters ! ****ty story mode but the arcade thing in it is made of so much win that me and my two cousins have killed 3 disks.

Same with future perfect.

I still lol at you ollie.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
southend_marc said:
Well I got the new Star Wars game and what a pile of poo.

It looks good yes but its just the same on every level plus half the time you have no idea where to go.

The levels are to long and the flights with the bosses are stupid due to having to press things in an order I would rather just hit the person.

Overall I am really not impressed and can not see myself spending much time on it.

furie said:
southend_marc said:
The new Star Wars game is out tomorrow can not wait now, I just remembered :)

Can I have it when you've finished with it.. On Saturday please? ;)

;)

marc

CF Legend
I have got more into the game now, the 1st few levels are just to long but then the game gets going. Its just a case of sticking with it.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Im trying to decide between working on a kick ass game for **** money

or a run of a mill game for lots of money and job stability.

.. I never thought i'd be this much of a whore.. but I think I am...

spicy

Giga Poster
Downloaded the Fifa 09 demo today, quite impressed with it although not that much different from Fifa 08, suppose why change a winning formula?

Some improvements have been made, the shooting seems a bit better and the whole game seems a little faster than 08.

I hope they update it in time for release though, silly things like Shaun Wright-Phillips is still on the Chelsea team unless they update it on-line or something.

Still can't wait for October 3rd though to get some real play on 09!

marc

CF Legend
Just completed Force Unleashed, was in worth the money no.

I would say in total I spent about 10 hours on the game if that. As I said before it looks good thats about it.

I still need to collect some things but there really is no point have the force powers I never used and never needed to use. I imagine at the top level you need to but I can not be bothered to play it again no point.

Trade in after what 4 days lol.

John91

Mega Poster
I've been playing through Ferrari Challenge on the Wii. Not the greatest racer ever, but a good starting point for a fairly realistic driving game on the Wii.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
southend_marc said:

I would say in total I spent about 10 hours on the game if that. As I said before it looks good thats about it.

I still need to collect some things but there really is no point have the force powers I never used and never needed to use. I imagine at the top level you need to but I can not be bothered to play it again no point.

Thanks to your postings we rented SWFU instead of buying it. I haven't tried it out yet, but the kid is already on the last level. He says he'll finish it off today & we'll return it tomorrow. Would have been a waste to buy it, so thanks Marc for saving me $45. :)

kimahri

CF Legend
southend_marc said:

Get One of the Touhou games for PC.

They dont need much spec, free and quite good for a mostly one man project.

I suggest possibly starting with touhou 7 or 8 they are easier.

11 (may require a Direct X update which can be easily found on google) and9 are easily the best in the series though.

Minor fanboyism over I think.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Played Burnout a bit last night due to the Trophy patch being released. I may start it again, but I have a real love/hate relationship with the game :lol:

Anyway, Rock Band is now eating my time. I don't know how I'm ever going to get the time to make inroads. Not just all the difficulties as usual, but for each instrument too.

Online was good against John, and it worked quite well. John, I think you need to set your router to DMZ to your PS3 or port forward. Or just let me set up games :)

And I pwned Don't fear the Reaper! 100% Flawlessness! :)

kimahri

CF Legend
Studio Ghibli are making a game with Level 5 or something. Can't remeber.

It's for the DS and someother console they havent said yet but they will both be bundled with a book that features in the game.

I relly like studio ghibli movies. TBH they are the only anime I can watch if they get that quality in this game would make me a happy me.

big john

Mega Poster
Furie Wrote
And I pwned Don't fear the Reaper! 100% Flawlessness!
You where singing though. singing can be cheeted on and i couldnt hear you lol hehe i was on guitare and it was bloody hard lol but ye good game took a little setting up but good once you get going. Rockband is consuming mine and tanyas life we love it even so i didnt even bother buying starwars just yet as it wouldnt get played on lol but after the reviews iv seen i might not get it at all lol. Oh ye furie tanya says stop singing so she can as she cant play the other instruments and seh wants to play too lol

Ollie

CF Legend
Does anyone know the track list for Guitar Hero World Tour yet?

I don't know if I want to get that or Rock Band. But my GHIII guitar will work with world tour so that will help. :)

And I'm the only one in my house that plays these games. Whenever I wanted to play guitar Hero on two player I had to go round someone else's house. And I fear that all the drums, guitars and mics will clog up my bedroom as there isn't much floorspace.

So yeah. I want to get one of them, but there's hundred of negatives meaning that I'd be playing it on my own in my bedroom with hardly any room to move around all the equipment. :(

big john

Mega Poster
the guitar hero guitars work with rockband and the kit with the new GH is actualy relay poor quality iv always been a GH fan but they seem to be trying to hard wit this one whereas rockband is just keep it simple pure fun and you actualy know all the tracks too unlike GH