What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
oyh i stil haz my snpr skyllz @ pwnin d3m 13yo's on the MW2.

Yeah, I really find the multiplayer alot more balanced than 4. There's always an attachment to make any weapon work in the maps. Speaking of which I'm enjoying the maps much more than 4's. There's more detail in these ones and so far there are no levels that are equivilent to Dloc fro 4 or Dome from World at War.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I didn't get the story at all after a few levels. I could see what was happening but didn't really understand it. Can anyone help a dippy doo like me and help me out? :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lol PS3 online servers have been ****ed since yesterday apparently, according to fourzerotwo they're gradually coming back online now but I'm still having problems. booooo...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I just picked up my copy of CoD:MW2 today at Toys R Us for $7.09. Gotta love those promotions they keep having.
I'll be playing tonight when I get home (around midnight) & will join in on the discussion once I've given it a go.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll keep it short and sweet...

Modern Warfare 2...The best game I have ever played, filled with plot twist after plot twist, which will blow you away and leave you baffled. The first half feels like a typical COD game, but the second half gets very dark, and a sense of urgency to complete the game builds. The terrorist mission and the end of the game released strong emotions about the value of human life and the reality of warfare. 10/10.

Ollie

CF Legend
Modern Warfare 3 has been announced already:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReKUSzo8Y-s&feature=subtivity[/youtube]

peep

CF Legend
^ROFL, good ol' Onion News.

Looks like I'll be getting MW2 at some point soon. Not played any of the Call of Duty games so will be an interesting experience. I don't think I've seen so much hype around just one game before.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I'm really excited about Assassins Creed II. I know Florence and Venice really well from architecture classes and it seems like they've done a great job recreating things to a decently realistic extent. The first game was great, so I'm hoping the 2nd will be even better.

Right now I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. It's my first real horror type game and I don't do well with jumpy things. It's been pretty fun so far, though.. it's kind of fun to be on edge the whole time. I'm not terribly far into it, but hopefully I'll have more time to play pretty soon. It's good so far.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Really. I found the first Assassins Creed boring and repetitive. It was just...
-Run down big hill
-go to city
-do repetitive tasks
-kill one person
-run down big hill

You then repeated this about 8 times till you got to the end of the game. I did like the running around of rooftops and some of the combat though, but the rest was just boring. Assassins Creed 2 looks alot better but I'm not to bothered about getting it straight away.

Ben

CF Legend
CedarPoint6 said:
Right now I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. It's my first real horror type game and I don't do well with jumpy things. It's been pretty fun so far, though.. it's kind of fun to be on edge the whole time. I'm not terribly far into it, but hopefully I'll have more time to play pretty soon. It's good so far.

THAT GAME IS OFF THE HOOK AMAZING.

Speaking of which, I'm getting along a lot better with 5 now than I was. I'm really liking it now! Some bugs like the STUPID PARTNER WHO NEEDS TO DIE, but, other than that, it's cooooool.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, Resi 4 is actually, officially, the best game ever! :)

Pixel Junk Monsters on the PSP comes a close second. Pixel Junk Monsters... While having a crap? Oh yeah! :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
So is your opinion :p

You're allowed to have an opinion, but it's a huge crock of poo (this is not opinion, but fact)! :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
The Wii port of my oppinion is crap?

Yes, you would have to waggle and make jerky movements every three seconds to enhance your opinion's game play!

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lain said:
After 45 minutes of online play on MW2, I have amassed 15 kills and 50 deaths. Woo, I suck! xD

Your connection was red bar which meant you weren't really in sync with everyone else and they had an unfair advantage XD, you were lagging all over the place lol.

Ollie

CF Legend
It's been confirmed now that the next PS3 should include cross-game chat. Once we get that Xbox Live does nothing the PS3 online doesn't for free so they'll be getting ripped off even more. :lol:

Anyway I had a friend round today and we went through all of special ops on Modern Warfare 2 (except for the last lot). Got one star on most of them but that's because they're really hard. Those Juggernaut enemies are insane. Whenever that gong goes of to say ones just spawned in the level we crap ourself and run. After about 5 direct RPG's to the head of it and it's still coming towards us we just leg it until we can find a spot to get more hits at it. The worst bit was near the end of one of the missions and the gong sounded 5 times when we had barely any ammo left.
It's great though and I still love it.
Also managed to get a few more kills back online and am slowly working my way to getting more total kills than deaths. Just have to make sure I don't screw it up.
Also lent the game to him till Sunday morning so he can play the campaign. Meanwhile I've got some new Rock band songs to keep me busy. :)