What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
But I'm sure there's better things they could spend their time updating and adding.

Like backwards compatibility for all models. Yeah, I'd rather have that than Facebook.

Aw shyte. Why the hell did I get interested in an expensive series. SMT, Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon is £40 new... Let's check Ebay. AAAAH, CHEAPER! NEEEDS!

Ollie

CF Legend
^They are working on giving all PS3's backwards compatibility but they haven't said when they hope to do it by. I hardly ever play PS1/2 games now anyway. I hope they make a PS3 version of Downhill Domination though. That games was insanely good. :D

Also you've probably already seen it as it's got millions of views in just a week. But this throwing knife kill is just something that has to be seen to be believed.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
Urgh. I ****ing hate online play on Modern Warfare 2 sometimes. I'm so ****ing crap at it that it makes it un-enjoyable. I get really worked up about it as I like paying it but I get killed so much and it seems really unfair. Like I will spend ages shooting an enemy in the beck and he'd just turn round and ****ing kill me in about two shots. I mean WTF how can he absorb 30+ direct bullets and then kill me in two? It seems to be happening alot as well. Also when I line up a shot, as soon as I'm about to fire either someone else kills me or the person I'm aiming at suddenly sees me somehow and manages to shoot me before I can even ****ing fire on them.

I know I'm not doing anything wrong. I always make sure my guns are reloaded. I always try to stick to cover and I always move instead of camp. Also another thing that's annoying is when I go behind a wall so I'm barely visible and another team mate just stands next to me in full firing line. I'm always the one that ends up being shot somehow even though I'm barely visible and he's ****ing standing there open. ****s sake.
Also every single Predator Drone that the enemy uses always seems to be aimed at me. I watch the killcam and out of all the ****ing red boxes they can target they ****ing go straight for me.
It's really pissing me off and I keep being told off by my mum for swearing ****ing loudly at the TV. I've got more deaths than kills and whenever I have a good match and get a few more kills than deaths, I go and do worse in the next match which just puts me back ****ing further.
I know it's silly to get so worked up over a game but it's REALLY ****ing pissing me off.

c&r

Mega Poster
The secret to being good at online games is pointing the cursor at the enemy Ollie. Trust me, I used to be in a ED CSS clan.

nealbie

CF Legend
Um. It's a game?

I hardly swear off the top of my head and overuse the "****" censor in an online rant if I'm leading on the lap 56/58 in a race and my engine blows up..... :roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No More Heroes on PS3 and 360. Doesn't do anythnig for me, but it will make Kim moist!

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^They are working on giving all PS3's backwards compatibility but they haven't said when they hope to do it by. I hardly ever play PS1/2 games now anyway. I hope they make a PS3 version of Downhill Domination though. That games was insanely good. :D

Ollie I think you will find they are not working on this at all. With the new PS3 there is no backwards compatibility, thats why its smaller etc. They said this at the time, it does not have the PS2 chip set.

Only the original PS3 can play PS2 games and thats the way its going to be.

What they are doing though is redoing the games so you can download them, hence some old Final Fantasy games are out and more will come out.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
furie said:
No More Heroes on PS3 and 360. Doesn't do anythnig for me, but it will make Kim moist!

I already have NMH. :roll:

Unless you mean NMH2.

No More Heroes' Paradise!

No official word on it yet, but it's probably an extra, advanced version of the original game ported.

nmh1119.jpg

Has to be worth following in case it's a completely new game?

marc said:
Ollie said:

Ollie I think you will find they are not working on this at all. With the new PS3 there is no backwards compatibility, thats why its smaller etc. They said this at the time, it does not have the PS2 chip set.

Only the original PS3 can play PS2 games and thats the way its going to be.

What they are doing though is redoing the games so you can download them, hence some old Final Fantasy games are out and more will come out.

There was a leaked screen a week or two back Marc. It showed "PS2 Software Emulator!". There was a degree of excitement over a software based PS2 emulator on the PS3.

You're right, a few games are getting a PS3 makeover, but this promised a software solution. However, nobody knows how real it is, or if it's just part of the engine used to convert older games to PS3 versions.

The issue is that the original PS3 has a PS2 sat inside as hardware. This means it works bloody well (I have an original PS3 and I still use it to play PS2 games). A software emulator is likely to be slow, unless the PS3 really is as powerful as Sony pretend ;)

kimahri

CF Legend
furie said:
kimahri said:
furie said:

I already have NMH. :roll:

Unless you mean NMH2.

No More Heroes' Paradise!

No official word on it yet, but it's probably an extra, advanced version of the original game ported.
<snip>

If it comes with the full soundtrack I'm buying!

And I lol at how people were spazzing out about FFVII being remade for the PS3 and now they just got a simple port. Aaaaah Final Fantasy VII is the second worst in the series.

Ben

CF Legend
I just finished Modern Warfare 2. I wanted to take my time, savour it.

IT'S AMAZING.

Like. AMAZING.

Like, I know it had a lot to live up to, but, it PWNS. The story makes about as much sense as a David Lynch movie, but, who CARES when it LOOKS this good, PLAYS this well, and, probably coolest of all, SOUNDS this amazing.

It's the best FPS since Goldeneye. Without a doubt.